About Punjab University
Punjab University is one of the well known and old university, which is situated at Chandigarh, Punjab. Punjab University established under the Punjab University Act VII of 1947- enacted by the Government of India. The University has been recognized by the UGC as the "university with potential for excellence in bio-medical Sciences" with facilities for Stem Cell Research and Drug Development. The UGC has selected Punjab University for an academic collaboration with Oxford Brookes University as our chosen partner. Also HRD Ministry selected PU as a node to be connected to national knowledge commission (NKN) with high network bandwidth. Punjab University is spread over 550 acres in sectors 14 and 25 in Chandigarh. Punjab University has 65 departments and 4 regional centres all over Punjab.
Number of seats
1. There are 202 seats in morning session, 202 seats in evening Session and 27 seats are reserve for NRI's at Chandigarh campus in department of laws P.U.
2. There are 58 seats in regional centre in Muktsar
3. There are 72 seats in evening session in regional centre in Ludhiana.
4. There are 53 seats in UILS, Swami Sarvanand Girls regional centre Hoshiarpur.
Eligibility criteria for LLB 3 years
1. Candidates should have passed BA with 45% marks for general candidates and 40% for SC/ST/OBC candidates or candidates who are appearing in the BA final year can also apply for LLB 3 year's course.
2. Candidates who are holding degree can also apply for LLB 3 year's course.
3. For those NRI's who are applying from aboard they have to produce the general test score of graduate records examination (GRE) general for LLB.
How to Apply for L.L.B 3 year
Candidates should have to fill the online application form for L.L.B. test. For online registration candidates have to first register with PU website pglaw.puchd.ac.in and after that candidates can fill the online form.
Candidates have to download SBI pay slip and pay the fee in any SBI brach in your city. The fee for general candidates is Rs.1000 and Rs.500 for SC/ST/OBC candidates. Candidates can upload scanned photographs, signatures and candidates to fill the entire required column for application.
For more information regarding LLB entrance test candidates can check from this website of Punjab university pglaw.puchd.ac.in/pdf/LLB13.pdf
Important dates for P.U L.L.B. exam
1. Prospectus and application form will be available on the Website from date 28-03-2013
2. Last date for submission of information on the website to generate the Bank Challan 08-05-2013
3. Last date for deposit of fee in any branch of State Bank of India using website generated challan 10-05-2013
4. Last date for submission of fee details on the website is 14-05-2013
5. Entrance Test will be held on date 09-06-2013
6. Result of the PU LLB test will be e declared by the university 21-06-2013 to 24-06-2013
Contact Information of Punjab University
PU LLB Admission,
Assistant registrar, CET Cell,
More articles: Llb Admission