Every year, the Maharashtra Housing and Area Development Authority (MHADA) announces a sale of low budget homes of the Mumbai and/or Konkan Boards. This sale is conducted via a lottery system, so it is luck which plays a huge role in whether or not you will get a MHADA home. Prospective home buyers have to apply as per their income group – high income, middle income, low income and economically weaker section are the 4 groups.
This MHADA lottery sale enables people to get an inexpensive home which otherwise they would not get through a private builder. Real estate prices skyrocket each year and it is well-nigh impossible for them to get a roof over their heads within their budget. Hence the MHADA sales are looked forward to by eager home buyers. During its first year in 2008, there were over 65,000 applicants for the 870 houses on sale. In subsequent years, the popularity of the MHADA sale has grown phenomenally, with lakhs applying. Last year, there were 1.38 lakh applicants for over 2,500 houses.
It is not sure, though, how many will apply this year as MHADA is offering the so-called budget homes at very high prices. The exorbitant rates may keep buyers away, nipping in the bud their hopes of owning a dream low cost home.
Features of MHADA lottery 2013
The fee for one application form is Rs.100/-
1. Your age should be above 18 years.
2. You should not be owning a flat/house/residential plot of land/membership of any co-operative housing society (registered or proposed) in your name/spouse's name within the jurisdiction of the Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM).
3. You should have a Domicile Certificate as proof that you have had a period of 15 years continuous stay within the limits of the State of Maharashtra within the last 20 years (the reservation category of Central Government employees is exempt to this rule).
4. Your family's average monthly income (this is Basic + D.A. + City Allowance + Bonus) should be as per these categories:
(a) Higher Income Group (HIG): Rs.40,001 and above
(b) Middle Income Group (MIG): Rs.20,001 to Rs.40,000/-
(c) Lower Income Group (LIG): Rs.8,000/- to Rs.20,000/-
(d) Economically Weaker Section (EWS): less than Rs.8,000/-
5. You cannot submit an application more than once in 1 reservation category in the same code number. If you do so, all your applications will be rejected prior to conducting the lottery.
6. You should possess a Savings Bank account. You should not possess a Joint Bank account, a Current account or NRI Bank account.
7. You should not use any other person's Bank Account number to submit your application. If you do so, your application will be rejected.
1. You must go through the information booklet available at the MHADA lottery website before you fill in the application.
2. In addition to the cost of the flat, you will need to pay the requisite Service Tax as well as Maharashtra Value Added Tax (MVAT) in the concerned Government Department. You will get physical possession of your home only after you have produced these tax receipts issued by concerned departments.
3. The application form should not be submitted at the MHADA office. The online application form for the lottery will be available here from May 1st 2013: https://lottery.mhada.gov.in/
4. Check that you have all the required documents: Documentary proofs required after lottery results
Location and Cost of MHADA homes for lottery
[Image of Table taken from advt. notification from official MHADA website]
Online application forms will be available from May 1st 2013 at 2p.m. up to May 21st 2013, 6p.m.
Applications will be accepted from May 1st 2013 up to May 22nd 2013 (as per Bank working days and time)
Online payment facility will be available from: May 6th 2013
Date of MHADA lottery: May 31st 2013
Dy. Chief Officer, (E.M. – I),
Room No. 201, 1st floor, Griha Nirman Bhavan,
Mumbai – 400051
Helpline Phone No.: 022-66405099 / 66405010
MHADA Website: http://mhada.maharashtra.gov.in/
MHADA Lottery Website: http://mhada.maharashtra.gov.in/?q=mhadalottery
Advertisement lottery notification in English:
Advertisement lottery notification in Marathi:
Article by Vandana
Vandana is based in India with over 15 years experience as a freelance writer & holding the prestigious post of Managing Editor at the reputed portal IndiaStudyChannel.com (ISC). Writing, no doubt, is her primary passion! Having learned the art of blogging from ISC, Vandana is enjoying the thrills of blogging, taking pleasure in sharing information & getting good pageviews at her various blogs.
Follow Vandana or read 868 articles authored by Vandana
|Guest Author: Muthu krishnan.N 30 Apr 2013|
|How will I get the Application form for Booking a MHADA flat through lottery system|
|Guest Author: Raju Chaugule 02 May 2013|
|It is very difficult to apply online for MHADA house. If the whole day is spent seated at the PC to apply for a MHADA house, then one day I may loose my job too.|
|Guest Author: Milind Patil 08 May 2013|
|There are some problem while uploading application form. I tried as suggested upload in .jpg format. But jpg format not accepted in system.|
|Guest Author: Pandharinath V Salav 17 May 2013|
|I am searching new 1 BHK flat in mumbai. I am earning more than 20000 per month. MHADA lottery gave aportunity to us.|
|Guest Author: Dayal Phatak 19 May 2013|
|how to made on line payment.I have account on sbi.I have try to made on line payment .Kindly inform us how i made on line payment|
|Author: Vandana 21 May 2013 Member Level: Platinum Points : 0|
|Muthu krishnan.N and Hemant: the application form is available on the MHADA website itself and you can fill the form online.|
|Author: Vandana 22 May 2013 Member Level: Platinum Points : 2|
|Milind and Dayal,|
If you are facing any problems in filling in the online application form or in online payments, please call up the MHADA
Helpline Phone No.: 022-66405099 / 66405010. The staff will give you guidance.