Prospective budget home buyers have started to fill in their application form for the 2013 MHADA lottery. This year the price of the homes is higher than in the lottery of previous years. Nevertheless, MHADA expects as good a response as previously since homes offered by private builders is comparatively very steep.
The online results of the 2013 MHADA lottery will be declared on May 31st. Those who are applying this year for the MHADA lottery should be aware that they need certain documents in order to be fully eligible to get the flat in case they win in the lottery system. Without these documents, possession of the home will not be given.
What are the documents required?
1. You must have an official Domicile Certificate which clearly shows that you have been a resident of the State of Maharashtra, having stayed continuously for a minimum of 15 years within the last 20 years. Those in the reservation category of Central Govt. employees may be exempt from this rule – please clarify with MHADA about this.
2. You should have an income certificate as proof of income. An affidavit for income may be required for any additional income other than employment income.
3. You must have documents of identity proof. A valid Aadhaar UID would do, otherwise any other ID proof such as PAN card.
4. You may need to submit photocopies of your birth certificate / school leaving certificate / voters ID.
Note: If you are one of the winners of the lottery system, MHADA will send you an intimation letter in which the list of requisite documents will be provided (for example, you may need to produce documents of caste if getting allotment in the caste reservation category). Do read that letter carefully & not depend solely on the information provided here. It is also advisable to contact MHADA (phone numbers provided below) to clarify the documents required.
What is the method for submitting the lottery application by Demand Draft (DD) mode?
When you submit your application form at the MHADA website, your acknowledgement slip will mention the total amount which should be paid along with the application. This is the EMD + application processing fee. You should draw up the Demand Draft (DD) of this amount. Then mention the DD number, Date & Drawn on Bank details on the printed copy of acknowledgement slip. Ensure that you paste your photograph on the printed copy of the acknowledgement slip and sign the same. Submit this completed acknowledgement slip along with the DD to the designated bank (check out the list of bank branches provided by MHADA).
Important: You will have to submit self-attested photocopy of PAN Card and self-attested photocopy of address proof with your DD at the bank. Make sure that you take the originals too. Once you are through with the entire process, ensure that you collect your copy of the acknowledgement slip and that it is duly stamped by the Bank. This slip is very important – it is valid physical proof that you have submitted your application and you will need it later. Keep photocopies of it too in a safe place.
1. Lottery information booklet (it is in Marathi): http://mhada.maharashtra.gov.in/sites/default/files/Info_Hand_01may2013.pdf
2. Step by step guidance on how to fill in 2013 MHADA lottery form: https://lottery.mhada.gov.in/OnlineApplication/help.do
3. For checking your submitted application form with current status: https://lottery.mhada.gov.in/OnlineApplication/mhadaApplication.do - here go to the 'View Application' link and type the application number and birth date of the applicant.
4. For checking the lottery results online: https://lottery.mhada.gov.in/
Contact information for queries
Ph: 022-66405010 or 022-66405099
Article by Vandana
Vandana is based in India with over 15 years experience as a freelance writer & holding the prestigious post of Managing Editor at the reputed portal IndiaStudyChannel.com (ISC). Writing, no doubt, is her primary passion! Having learned the art of blogging from ISC, Vandana is enjoying the thrills of blogging, taking pleasure in sharing information & getting good pageviews at her various blogs.
Follow Vandana or read 813 articles authored by Vandana
|Guest Author: Rahul 17 May 2013|
Well only one update, you need not to give any other document while submitting the DD at bank
|Guest Author: VRINDA G 25 Feb 2014|
|For proof of income, can I give Income details on Company Letterhead with whom I am working or else what documents you required for income proof?|
|Author: Vandana 25 Feb 2014||Member Level: Platinum Points : 2|
|Vrinda, I do not think income details given on a company letterhead is a valid proof of income. You need a proper attested official income certificate form.|
|Author: Vandana 19 Mar 2014||Member Level: Platinum Points : 2|
|Readers can check out this year's lottery: 2014 MHADA Lottery application process & housing scheme information|
|Guest Author: Rahul 27 Apr 2014|
|Should salary slip or Salary Breakup submitted? And What does City Allowance Included mean?|
|Guest Author: Hemal 10 May 2014|
I have opted for online payment. Can you please guide how do I proceed to make online payment ie account number and name that needs to be registered for effecting online payment.
|Guest Author: Jojy George 11 May 2014|
I have made the payment through Online and thereby uploaded the scan copy of my acknowledgement slip. Do i need to send the hardcopies ( Acknow. Slip + EMD online payment slip ) of the same to Mhada.
|Author: Vandana 11 May 2014||Member Level: Platinum Points : 0|
|Hemal & Rahul, for this year's MHADA lottery, please clarify information at:|
Helpline Ph.: 9869988000
Off. Ph.: 022-66405099 / 66405010
|Guest Author: hemal 11 May 2014|
|Nobody is responding calls on shared numbers?|
|Author: Vandana 25 May 2014||Member Level: Platinum Points : 0|
|Hemal, you are right! I tried the contact numbers myself but the lines are either constantly busy or go unanswered.|
|Guest Author: lata bhagwan punwani 15 Dec 2014|
|My no. is on waiting list in 2013. I am still hopping chance for a flat from MHADA.|