Resources » Admissions » General Admissions
2013-2014 FYJC online admissions application schedule Mumbai region Maharashtra
This article provides information on where to get the 2013 Mumbai FYJC online admissions application form. The application process for the Mumbai Metropolitan Region (MMR) admissions to F.Y.J.C. classes has already begun and you will get here the detailed instructions for it.
Now that the SSC results have been declared, students will be eager to get admission to the various junior colleges. They do not have to stand in serpentine queues, though, as all admissions to the F.Y.J.C. (First Year Junior College) classes in the Mumbai Metropolitan Region (MMR) are being done online only. This online application process was opened on 2nd May 2013 and can be done up to 15th June 2013. The instructions for the online admissions are available in the information booklet which the schools provided to their students. Make sure that you have this information booklet and take help from your school to fill in the online application form.
The online application formalities will be completed only after you have clicked on the submit/confirm button at the end of Part II (the option form). Hence don't leave the application process half-way after only Part I. Merely clicking on the submit/confirm button at the end of Part I does not complete the process.
The schedule dates for applying is provided at the end of this article. First please read the instructions below.
How to apply for FYJC online admissions Mumbai Maharashtra 2013
1. The website for online admissions is: http://fyjc.org.in/mumbai
2. Those who have completed the first part (Part I is the registration part) should complete the second part (Part II which is the option form) , submit by clicking on submit/confirm button, and then take a print out of the complete application (first and second part –Part I & Part II). You can check the status of your application anytime by using your log in ID.
3. If you wish to claim any reservation, you need to produce all the requisite documents to your school Principal/Guidance Centre-in-charge and get your registration part approved by them. You will not be able to open the Part II (option form) section pending this approval.
4. If you are a student other than of the Maharashtra State SSC Board and have complete both the parts (I & II), you should ascertain that you have completed the online application formalities by clicking on the submit/confirm button at the end of Part II (option form).
5. You can make corrections in your application (except changes in the option form) till 17th June 2013. However, you can make such changes only with the help of your school Principal or the Guidance Centre-in-charge.
6. For those applying for admissions from the minority/in-house quota: admissions from this quota can be done by the respective Junior College Principals between 8th June and 18th June 2013. If you are a student availing of this quota admission, you will need to download your Marks List from the website of the SSC Board, get it authenticated by your School Principal & the submit the same to the concerned Junior College along with your original School Leaving Certificate.
7. Once you are admitted to any Junior College through the online process, you should complete the admission formalities of that college. Ensure that you obtain an online system-generated receipt for the same on a non-refundable payment of Rs.50/-. If you fail to complete the admission formalities during the stipulated time or if you fail to get the receipt from the college, it will result in dropping you from the online admission process.
8. If you are getting betterment, then you should first cancel your admission from the earlier Junior College, get an online system-generated cancellation receipt from the college and complete the admission formalities again within the stipulated time in the new Junior College.
9. If you are a student outside the MMR region and wish to apply online, you must contact one of the Guidance Centres and complete the application formalities under the supervision of the centre-in-charge. You can check the list of guidance centres on the website & in the information booklet.
10. If you are a CBSE student from outside MMR region, you must get your Grades in the Result Card converted to Marks through any of the following centres:
(1) R.N.Poddar School
St. Andrews Road
(2) Apeejay School
(3) D.A.V.Public School
Mumbai – 400 706
(4) D.A.V.Public School
Mumbai – 400 706
11. Students other than CBSE/ICSE Boards who get their result card with grades should get their Grades in the Result Card converted to Marks through one of the following centres:
(1) N.K.E.S. High School
Indulala D.Buva Marg,
(2) Gyan Kendra and Junior College
Near Kokilaben Ambani Hospital,
(3)Hindi High School
near Ghatkopar railway station, behind R.J.College,
Ghatkopar (W), Mumbai-400075.
12. If you are claiming caste reservation but do not have a caste certificate issued by the authority of Maharashtra State, you can apply for the reserved quota, provided your caste is mentioned in your School Leaving Certificate.
Note, however, that it will be mandatory for you to produce the appropriate original caste certificate issued by the authority of the Maharashtra state to the Junior College authorities within 1 month.
13. The scheme of "Best Five" is applicable as per the ruling of the Supreme Court:
(a) Admissions of the students of the Maharashtra State Board shall be as per their results declared under this scheme.
(b) 2 options have been given to the students of ICSE:
(i) For the scheme of Best Five, only the marks scored in the subjects listed in Group I and Group II are to be considered.
(ii) To include the marks scored in the subjects listed in Group III, all the 6 subjects shall have to be considered.
14. The online allocation of admissions shall be as per merit and shall be done in the order of preferences given in MMR – Zone – Ward/Taluka. You should accordingly give your preferences in the option form.
15. Admissions to bifocal course will be done by the respective Junior College Principals. If you are desirous of selecting a particular bifocal course, you must select the appropriate Junior Colleges while giving your preferences in the Option Form.
16. Students of the Maharashtra State Board with A.T.K.T. or the students of I.G.C.S.E. with predicted marks list can apply to the respective Junior Colleges for admissions against the vacancies only after the entire online admission process is over.
Schedule for online admissions
- Online filling of application forms: 8th June to 15th June 2013
- Online corrections in online application form submitted by students: 17th June 2013, up to 5p.m.
- Declaration of Merit List – I: 22nd June 2013 at 5p.m.
- Payment of fees for Merit List – I (Rs.50/-): 24th, 25th and 26th June 2013, between 10a.m. and 3p.m.
- Declaration of Merit List – II: 30th June 2013 at 5p.m.
- Payment of fees for Merit List –II: 1st and 2nd July 2013, between 10a.m. and 3p.m.
- Declaration of Merit List – III & Final: 5th July 2013 at 6p.m.
- Payment of fees for Merit List – III & Final: 6th and 8th July 2013, between 10a.m. and 3p.m.
- Admissions for minority/in-house quota at Junior College level: 8th June to 18th June 2013. You have to contact the Junior College directly for this admission.
For help in filling up the form online visit your nearest Guidance Centre. The list is available here: http://fyjc.org.in/mumbai/StaticPages/listOfGuidancecenter.aspx
All the best for your admissions!
Readers are advised to take guidance from their School Principal for the online admission process & not to rely solely on the information provided in this article
Read related articles: FYJC Admissions Admissions
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Article by Vandana
Vandana is based in India with over 12 years experience as a freelance writer & holding the prestigious post of Managing Editor at the reputed portal IndiaStudyChannel.com (ISC). Writing, no doubt, is her primary passion! Having learned the art of blogging from ISC, Vandana is enjoying the thrills of blogging, taking pleasure in sharing information & getting good pageviews at her various blogs.
Follow Vandana or read 787 articles authored by Vandana
|Guest Author: vj nai 12 Jun 2013|
|What is the procedure if the candidate has one A.T.K.T in result. How to apply.. I have completed filling my option form but unable to find the confirm/submit button. |
Form status shows : Application Form ::Approved and Printed
Option Form : Complete but not Confirmed unless and untill your option form confirmed,your option form will not be considered for allocation.
What should i do. ?
|Author: Vandana 12 Jun 2013||Member Level: Platinum Points : 2|
|Vj Nai, I think there was some problem with the option form button. As of today, when I checked the website, there is an update in scrolling text at the top that the option form button is now enabled.|
Please retry and if you still have a problem, visit the nearest guidance centre (I have given the link to the list of centers in the article).
|Guest Author: iks 18 Jun 2013|
|I have completed my online form. It also shows from status: confirmed|
but I have not taken out the print out of those forms. I have completed both my forms. So what should I do now? I am really tense.
|Guest Author: Saibal Pai 17 Jun 2014|
|How to apply? I have completed filling my option form but unable to find the confirm/submit button. Form status shows : Application Form :: Approved and Printed.|
Option Form : Complete but not Confirmed unless and until your option form confirmed,your option form will not be considered for allocation.
What should I do? Please help me.
|Author: Vandana 18 Jun 2014||Member Level: Platinum Points : 3|
|@ iks: Please find out from your school or visit your nearest guidance center for assistance.|
@ Saibal Pai: You have probably not filled up the option form correctly. Please re-check.
For this year's admission process guidance please refer: How to do F.Y.J.C. online admission Mumbai region
|Guest Author: rhea 19 Jun 2014|
|How will I know if I have got the admission in my preferred college?|
|Author: Vandana 19 Jun 2014||Member Level: Platinum Points : 3|
Please read the article to which I have given a link in the above response. You will know if you have got admission in a college if your name appears in the first merit list, otherwise you need to wait for the second merit list. In the event that you select another college through the betterment option, you need to cancel the admission to the first college.
|Guest Author: Gracy 26 Jun 2014|
|If any correction want to do in online submitted form what is procedure?|
my mail id is email@example.com
Return to Article Index
Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore...