Resources » Admissions » Engineering Admissions
DTE Maharashtra Post-SSC Engineering/Technology Diploma courses admissions 2013
This article provides detailed information about the admission process for the Engineering and Technology courses of the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Maharashtra for Std.X students. You will get details about the eligibility requirements, application fees, procedure on how to submit the application form, etc.
DTE Admission Notification for Engineering & Technology Diploma courses 2013
The Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Maharashtra State invites online applications from students of Maharashtra who have passed their SSC exam (or equivalent exam) to the first year of three/four year post-SSC Diploma courses in Engineering / Technology. The courses are of Government, Govt.-aided & unaided institutes which are part of this admission process of Engineering/Technology for the academic year 2013-2014. A list of the institutes will be available in the information brochure & those which could not be included will be published at the DTE website.
Eligibility Criteria for Maharashtra State candidates
1. You must be an Indian national.
2. You should have passed the SSC (Std.X) exam of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent exam with a minimum of 35% marks in aggregate with Math/Mathematics, General Science and English.
Note: The term aggregate differs for State Board/ICSE and CBSE candidates. You should check the online brochure before you buy the application kit.
How to apply
1. You have to buy the application kit which contains the application ID & password to enable you to fill in the online application form.
2. Cost of application kit: Rs.400/- for General Category candidates & Rs.300/- for reserved category candidates belonging to Maharashtra State. The payment has to be made in cash only at the Application Form Receipt Centre (ARC). The fee is non-refundable.
List of ARCs is available here: http://www.dte.org.in/poly2013/StaticPages/frmARCList.aspx?did=14
Time at ARCs: 10a.m. to 5.30p.m. daily, including holidays and Sundays.
3. You must submit your online application form at the official website: www.dte.org.in/poly2013 once the application ID is activated by the ARC from where the application kit is purchased.
4. Take a printout of the online filled application form. Sign the printout of this form and attach the required attested copies of the documents.
5. Maharashtra State candidates should report in person to the ARC for confirmation of application form along with the attested true copies and original documents for verification. Only those applications which are submitted online & subsequently confirmed at ARCs will be considered valid for further processing. ARCs will provided facility to fill in the online application form free of cost & will also provide required support for browsing of information, such as merit list, status of allotment, etc.
6. It is not mandatory to go to ARC for confirmation of the online option form. However, you should avail the facility of ARC for filling and confirmation of the option form. You will be required to pay Rs.50/- in cash as facilitation fee for each CAP Round I & Round II at ARC if you avail of the facilitation.
7. Once you confirm your option/preference form online through your log in ID for the respective admission rounds, you will not be able to change or cancel the option/preference which you had submitted.
8. You will need to pay Rs.100/- in cash as a processing fee for CAP Round III (Counselling round) at the counselling centre.
9. For those claiming admission against seats under centrally sponsored scheme of HR Ministry of Govt. of India for persons with disabilities, they should apply directly to the Principal in response to the notification of the institute as mentioned in the information brochure.
10. Other than Maharashtra State candidates (OMS) are not eligible for admission through CAP. If you are an OMS, then you should contact the unaided institutes for admission to the institute level seats.
11. Admission of NCC candidates will be done by counselling and detail admission schedule will be displayed on the website.
Important dates of Admission process schedule
For Maharashtra State and J&K migrant candidates
1. Sale of information brochure & application kit at ARCs: 17th June 2013 (10a.m. onwards) to 25th June 2013 (up to 5p.m.)
2. Submission of online application form through website: 17th June 2013 (10a.m. onwards) to 25th June 2013 (up to 5p.m.)
3. Confirmation of application form and document verification in person at ARC for Maharashtra State candidates: 17th June 2013 (10a.m. onwards) to 25th June 2013 (up to 5p.m.)
4. J&K migrant candidates should send the completed online application form by Post/Courier/ in person so as to read J&K Migrant Admission Center "Principal, S.B.M.Polytechnic, near Cooper Hospital, Vile Parle (W), Mumbai-56": 17th June 2013 (10a.m. onwards) to 25th June 2013 (up to 5p.m.)
5. Display of provisional merit list for Maharashtaa/J&K candidates on website: 27th June 2013 at 5p.m.
6. Grievances/corrections if any to be submitted at ARC where the form is confirmed: 28th June 2013 (10a.m. onwards) to 29th June 2013 (up to 5p.m.)
7. Display of seat distribution on website: 26th June 2013 at 5p.m.
8. Display of final merit list on website: 1st July 2013 at 5p.m.
9. Submission & confirmation of online option form of CAP Round I through candidate log in by candidate: 2nd July 2013 to 4th July 2013 up to 5p.m.
10. Display of provisional allotment of CAP Round I: 6th July 2013 at 5p.m.
11. Reporting to the institute as per allotment in CAP Round I: 8th July 2013 to 10th July 2013 up to 5p.m.
12. Display of institute wise vacancy position and list of eligible candidates for CAP Round II: 12th July 2013 at 5p.m.
13. Submission & confirmation of online option form of CAP Round II through candidate log in by candidate: 13th July 2013 to 15th July 2012 up to 5p.m.
14. Display of provisional allotment of CAP Round II: 17th July 2013 at 5p.m.
15. Reporting to the institute as per allotment in CAP Round II: 18th July 2013 to 25th July 2013 up to 5p.m.
16. Display of institute wise vacancy position and list of eligible candidates for counselling round: 23rd July 2013 at 5p.m.
17. Round of admission by counselling (CAP Round III) in person at designated Govt. Polytechnics (see website for details): 25th July 2013.
18. Reporting to the institute as per allotment in counselling round (CAP Round III): 25th July 2013 to 27th July 2013 up to 5p.m.
19. Commencement of academic year 2013-2014: 25th July 2013.
20. Cut-off date for all type of admissions for the academic year 2013-2014: 10th August 2013.
For the further schedule of admission activities for J&K migrant/NCC candidates by counselling, refer official website. The complete schedule is available here: Schedule of activities: http://www.dte.org.in/poly2013/StaticPages/frmImportantDates.aspx?did=13
The Directorate of Technical Education
3, Mahapalika Marg,
Post Box No.1967,
[Reference source: Hindustan Times advt. dt. June 15th 2013, pg.23. Readers are advised to check application process schedule & instructions at DTE website.]
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Article by Vandana
Vandana is based in India with over 12 years experience as a freelance writer & holding the prestigious post of Managing Editor at the reputed portal IndiaStudyChannel.com (ISC). Writing, no doubt, is her primary passion! Having learned the art of blogging from ISC, Vandana is enjoying the thrills of blogging, taking pleasure in sharing information & getting good pageviews at her various blogs.
Follow Vandana or read 786 articles authored by Vandana
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Return to Article Index
Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore...