Resources » Admissions » General Admissions
Admission 2013 to MA, MSc, MCom & MLISc at Gauhati University in Guwahati, Assam
Gauhati University has announced admission notifications for 2 year MA, MSc, MCom & MLISc in various subjects for the academic year 2013-2014. This article includes course details of MA, MSc, MCom & MLISc of Gauhati University, eligibility criteria, application process, selection process, Imporatant dates related to admission of MA, MSc, MCom & MLISc and contact details of Gauhati University
Gauhati University, the first University of Assam and northeast India has invited application from eligible candidates for admission into Master of Arts (MA), Master of Science (MSc), Master of Commerce (MCom), Master of Library & Information Science (MLISc) in various subjects for the academic year 2013-2014 .
About Gauhati University:
The Gauhati University was established in the year 1948 on 26 January under the Assam Act XVI of 1947 and the Gauhati University act 1947. This is the first university of Assam and North Eastern part of India. The University is situated in Gopinath Bordoloi Nagar, Jalukbari area, Guwahati. The university is just 10 KM far away from LGB Airport, 5 KM away from the Kamakhya railway station in Guwahati and around 22 KM away from Assam Secretariat, Dispur. The university has very good infrastructure and all other facilities including health service, 24 hour water and electricity supply, street lighting, internal access to roads, guesthouse, post office, telegraph office, State Bank of India, United Bank of India, canteens, a market, parks, playgrounds, auditorium, indoor stadium, etc.
The course details of MA, MSc, MCom and MLISc:
1. Master of Arts (MA): The Master of Arts or MA includes the specialization or subjects in Anthropology, Arabic, Assamese, Bengali, Bodo, Economics, Education, English, Geography, Hindi, History, Linguistics & English Language Teaching, Mass Communication (in Communication & Journalism Department), Mathematics , Persian, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Sanskrit, Sociology , Statistics and Women's Studies. MA is a 2 year program with semester system.
2. Master of Science (MSc): The Master of Science (MSc) has various departments or subjects namely Anthropology, Animal Ecology and Wildlife Biology, Biotechnology, Botany, Chemistry, Computer Science/Information Technology, Economics, Electronics & Communication Technology, Environmental Science, Geography, Geology, Instrumentation, Mathematics, Microelectronics and Advance Communication, Physics, Psychology, Statistics and Zoology. Here MSc is also a 2 year master degree program with semester system.
3. Master of Commerce (MCom): Master of Commerce is 2 year Masters degree program in the subject Accounting, Finance, H R Development and Marketing. The MCom consists of 4 semesters.
4. Master of Library & Information Science (MLISc): The MLISc course is a 2 year master degree program under the department of Library and Information Science. The other postgraduate course offered under this department is the PhD.
To get admission into the MA (all disciplines), MSc (all disciplines), MCom & MLISc program for the academic year 2013, the candidates should be graduates of 10+2+3 pattern with major in their respective subject from the Gauhati University or any other University recognized by Gauhati University with a minimum of 45% marks in Major Course. For MLISc program the candidate should have a graduate degree in any discipline with 10+2+3 pattern with 40% marks in Major course or 45% marks in general course are eligible to apply for this course. For more details about the eligibility details of individual department, please visit the official website www.gauhati.ac.in
Candidates appearing in the final year examination of the TDC course may also apply and submit the application form along with the admit card of TDC final year examination and copies of mark sheets of earlier TDC examinations and can sit in the entrance examination. However candidates must produce the TDC final year mark sheet and certificates to the respective department latest by 17 July 2013.
The application form and prospectus for the course MA, MSc, MCom & MLISc can be obtained from the following 2 centres on payment of Rs. 300/- only.
1. Gauhati University Publication Department (GUPD)
2. Gauhati University Information Center, WUS Building, Ambari, Guwahati-781001.
The application form and prospectus can also be obtained by post by sending a self addressed envelope of sized 25cmX31cm containing postage stamp of Rs. 35/- along with a bank draft of Rs. 300/- drawn in favour of "Registrar, Gauhati University" and Payable at SBI, GU branch.
The application form and prospectus are also available at Gauhati university website www.gauhati.ac.in
The filled in application form with all the necessary educational testimonials along with a demand draft of Rs. 300/- (in case of application form downloaded from the website) drawn in favour of the registrar, Gauhati University, payable at SBI, GU branch and must reach the respective department of Gauhati University on or before 14 July 2013.
The candidates who all are applying under the various reservation category like physically disabled, son or daughter of current and permanent GU employees, fringe village and extracurricular and co-curricular activities must submit the filled application form along with the additional prescribed form that can be obtained from the office of the secretary, university classes, Gauhati University on production of payment Challan of Rs. 30/- at the cash counter.
There will be an entrance test for admission into MA, MSc, MCom and MLISc programs. The admission test related points are mentioned below:
1. The candidates will have to appear for an entrance test seeking admission of master degree programs in Animal Ecology and Wildlife Biology , Biotechnology, Computer Science/Information Technology, Electronics & Communication Technology, Environmental Science, Instrumentation, Library & Information Science, Linguistics & ELT, Mass Communication , Microelectronics and Advance Communication, Psychology , Sociology and Women's Studies.
2. The candidates from other universities including both general and reserve categories will have to appear for an entrance test of 100 marks. The examination duration will be about 2 hours. The entrance test will be based on the respective subject that are applying for and the syllabus will be the same as for major subjects under the degree course in Gauhati University.
The candidates will have to pay a separate fee of Rs. 200/- for the entrance test for each subject in the form of demand draft drawn in favour of the Registrar, Gauhati university, payable at SBI, GU branch. This fee to be submitted to the respective department at the time of submission of application form.
The candidates applying for the admission under the physically disabled or differently abled (Disabled) category, will have to appear before the medical board of Gauhati University on 25 July 2013 at 11:00 AM in the chamber of the secretary office, University classes, Gauhati Unviersity.
Date of issue of application form and prospectus: From 27 June 2013 to 14 July 2013.
Last date of submission of filled in application form in the respective department: 14 July 2013.
Date of entrance test: 17 July 2013 to 20 July 2013.
Date of announcement of selection list: 26 July 2013 & 27 July 2013 (For other quotas).
Date of admission: 29 July 2013 to 31 July 2013.
Please note that the final selection list will be published in the respective departments and in the website of Gauhati University. Admission will be conducted in the respective departments at 11:00 AM.
Gopinath Bordoloi Nagar, NH-37,
Guwahati-781014, Assam, India.
Phone: 0361- 2570415/2700311
Read related articles: Admissions 2013 MSc Admissions 2013 MA Admissions 2013 MA Admissions MSc Admissions
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Return to Article Index
Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore...