There is no denying the fact that reality shows on television are the best platform to showcase your talent to the world. Showcasing such talent can open the doors to not just fame & success but be your very path to financial independence. Your talent could get picked up by the right people in the right fields and suddenly you no longer have to worry about where the next meal is going to come from. It is for people like these – who want to get beyond the financial worries – that reality TV shows are a blessing. One of the most popular such shows is India's Got Talent (also referred to as IGT).
About the Show
[Image courtesy: colors.in.com]
India's Got Talent is formatted along the same lines as the original Got Talent series. It is hosted by the TV channel Colours (owned by Viacom18 Media Private Limited) and is a joint collaboration between this channel and Fremantle Media. Making its debut in 2009, the show has achieved extraordinary success. The format is very simple: showcase your talent during audition rounds in front of 3 judges & a studio audience (one or two guest judges also sometimes come on but do not vote). The decision of the judges decides whether or not the contestant will move to the next audition round. At the semifinal and final stages, viewers are invited to vote via SMS on their mobile phones. Auditions are held across various cities and towns throughout India.
The talent can be just about anything – juggle objects, perform acrobatics, sing, show off how much you can eat, swallow fire, draw on sand, paint, perform bike stunts, take the stage with traditional or Western dancing, balance on ropes, do magic tricks...just about anything you like (within certain limits naturally ~ no inappropriate acts allowed). You can perform as an individual or as part of a group. The winner gets an astronomical amount of money (it is generally 50 lakhs) along with some major prize offered by a sponsor (such as a car or a bike).
The judges for India's Got Talent Season 5 are likely to be Sonali Bendre and Kirron Kher along with a third judge.
Past winners of IGT
- Season 1 (2009): Prince Dance Group from Berhampur, Orissa (group of 56 artistes performed a dance)
- Season 2 (2010): Shillong Chamber Choir from Shillong, Meghalaya
- Season 3(2011): The Suresh and Vernon dance group
- Season 4 (2012): Dancing duet Sonali Majumdar (age 7 years) and Maraju Sumanth (age 13 years) from Kolkata
Audition process for India's Got Talent 2013
The dates of the audition process: 20th July 2013 to 24th August 2013. Your application must be sent during this period only. Any applications sent after the closing date will not be accepted.
Registration process for India's Got Talent Season 5
You can register for the talent hunt contest in either of 2 ways:
How to register online for IGT 5 2013
To fill in the registration form visit: http://colors.in.com/igt
There are 4 steps:
- Fill in the Declaration form.
Note: If you are under 18 years old, the declaration form must be signed on your behalf by your parent/legal guardian.
- Fill in the Personal details
- Name (mandatory)
- Age (mandatory)
- Gender (mandatory)
- Email (mandatory)
- Mobile number (mandatory)
- Name of act (if applicable)
- Education (whether school or college or university, whichever is the highest level of education completed)
- You will also need to upload your photo [Maximum Size of 700 KB,JPG, GIF, PNG]
- Next page: Give details of the Talent
- Go for the Audition on date mentioned at venue given
How to register for IGT 5 2013 with mobile phone
- Call 505688299 and select the option for the Audition.
- Follow the instructions given on the IVR (Interactive Voice Response).
- You will receive an acknowledgement message on the number from which you participate in the Audition.
Note: Only following network operators are available for the registration via mobile phone: Airtel, Vodafone, Reliance, Tata, Uninor (the cost for all these will be Rs. 6/- per minute); Idea (the cost for this will be Rs. 6.99p per minute); BSNL Mobiles (the cost for this will be Rs.5/- per minute).
General Rules & Guidelines
- There is no age bar as such, but those participants who are below the age of 18 years should be accompanied by a parent or a legal guardian.
- At the audition venue you must have all valid documents, as required by Viacom18 - Passport with sufficient no. of pages and which is valid for at least 6 months from the date of Audition, Driving License, School Certificate. Only when your identity has been verified through one of these documents will you be allowed to participate in the audition.
- A unique registration ID will be given to you for the audition during the registration process
- Make sure that you are on time at the audition venue on the requisite date. You will probably need to report before a specific time so confirm this beforehand.
- Give clear details about the nature of your talent act (anything dangerous? any pet dogs or other animals?). You may have to give a separate written statement if your act is dangerous in any way
- Most important: You absolutely must read all the terms and conditions thoroughly before you register and submit your application form for the auditions. The terms and conditions are available here: http://colors.in.com/igt-audition.pdf
The application form is here: Online registration for India's Got Talent 2013
Official Website: http://colors.in.com/igt
The live show of the contest, right from the stage of auditions, will soon be telecast by Colors TV on the weekends. You can also see the live streaming of India's Got Talent 2013 (deferred feed) and watch the videos of the best dances of IGT 5 on the official website: http://colors.in.com/in/. Don't miss the display of national talent at its best!
Will you be the winner of India's Got Talent 2013? All the best!
Article by Vandana
Vandana is based in India with over 15 years experience as a freelance writer & holding the prestigious post of Managing Editor at the reputed portal IndiaStudyChannel.com (ISC). Writing, no doubt, is her primary passion! Having learned the art of blogging from ISC, Vandana is enjoying the thrills of blogging, taking pleasure in sharing information & getting good pageviews at her various blogs.
Follow Vandana or read 886 articles authored by Vandana
|Guest Author: Dharmendra Mishra 09 Aug 2013|
|I submitted the Online Registration and found quick response.I think, this way of registration is best one. I have been also contacted by IGT team for submission for Video audition. Thanks a lot to VIACOM 18 Team!!|