IntroductionGATE is the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This test is mandatory for all the graduate engineering students who wish to pursue higher studies at any of the Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) or at the Indian Institute of Science (IISc). Even better, you have the opportunity of getting a job in one of the top Govt. of India public sector undertakings. Your scores can help you to start as a management trainee or even apply directly to be an assistant engineer or engineer.
At the time of writing this article, Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd., Indian Oil, Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited and Power Grid have released their recruitment notifications for graduate engineers to join their respective companies through GATE 2014. You can also apply for 2014 GAIL executive trainee engineer posts
For details on GATE 2014 and online submission of your application form, visit any of the IIT websites or visit http://gate.iitkp.ac.in/gate2014/ between 2nd September 2013 and 1st October 2013.
HPCL recruitment through GATE 2014 Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (HPCL) is a Govt. of India enterprise. HPCL is a refining and marketing company and operates the largest Lube refinery in India.
HPCL invites applications from dynamic engineering graduates to join its team of professionals. Interested candidates must appear for GATE 2014 for their respective disciplines. The specified disciplines & prescribed full time degrees are:
- Mechanical: Engineering degree in Mechanical, Mechanical & Production
- Civil: Engineering degree in Civil
- Electrical: Engineering degree in Electrical, Electrical & Electronics
- Electronics & Telecomm: Engineering degree in Electronics, Electronics & Communication, Electronics & Telecommunication
- Instrumentation: Instrumentation, Instrumentation & Control, Electronics & Instrumentation, Instrumentation & Electronics
Note: You are not eligible to apply if you havy any other degree or combination degree, such as Production Engineering, Automobile Enineering, Mechatronics, etc.
- You must have a Bachelor's degree (through full time course) in engineering/technology in the disciplines mentioned above from any AICTE approved / UGC recognized University/Deemed University.
- You should have scored minimum 60% marks (aggregate marks of all semesters) in the degree exam (50% for SC/ST/PWD candidates).
- Age: You should be maximum 25yrs. of age as on 30th June 2014 ( i.e.born on or after 30/06/1989). There is age relaxation for OBC (Non Creamy Layer)/SC/ST/PWD candidates.
- You will need to be medically fit as per the company's pre-employment medical standards. It is advisable to check the company's website to know these medical standards before applying for the recruitment
How to apply
- You should check full details of the recruitment advertisement at the official website: www.hindustanpetroleum.com/ or www.hpclcareers.com
- You have to submit your application online only at the official website up to 7th January 2014. The online application system will be open from 1200 hrs. on 5th November 2013 to 2400 hrs. on 7th January 2014. The payment of application fees will be accepted till 1700 hours on 11th Jan 2014. The online application for applying will be disabled after 2400 hours on 07.01.2014.
- Commencement of online application for GATE 2014: 2nd September 2014
- Last date of online application for GATE 2014: 3rd October 2014
- Commencement of online Registration of application by candidates for HPCL: 5th November 2013
- Last date for online registration of application by candidates for HPCL: 7th January 2014
- GATE 2014 Online Examination: check official GATE website.
IOCL recruitment through GATE 2014Indian Oil Corporation Ltd (IOCL) is a globally reputed energy major. It operates one of Asia's largest networks of refineries & pipelines and markets petroleum products.
IOCL is inviting dedicated graduate engineers for recruitment as Officers / Engineers in the following disciplines:
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & IT
- Electrical Engineering
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
The recruitment will be through GATE 2014 for both the positions: Officers / Engineers and Assistant Officers / Assistant Engineers. GATE scores from GATE 2013 or any previous exam is not valid and will not be considered.
Basic PayOfficers/Engineers: Rs.24,900/- - Rs.50,500/- per month
Assistant Officers/Assistant Engineers: Rs.20,600/- - Rs.46,500/- per month
- You may apply for Officers/Engineers or Assistant Officers/Assistant Engineers or both.
- The final merit will be based on the GATE 2014 score. Further selection process will include: (1) a Group Discussion (GD), (2) a Group Task (GT) and (3) Personal Interview (PI). If you are higher on merit, you will be offered the position of Officers/Engineer and if you have a lower merit you will be offered the position of Assistant Officer/Assistant Engineer.
- You need to check out the details for educational qualification, age, eligibility criteria, application procedure, etc at the official website: www.iocl.com
How to apply
- You will need to apply online separately for GATE 2014 and for the Indian Oil recruitment. You can apply for the Indian Oil recruitment only after getting your GATE 2014 registration number.
- The online application module for Indian Oil's recruitment will be open from 18th December 2013 to 2nd March 2014.
BPCL recruitment through GATE 2014Bharat Petroleum Coroporation Limited (BPCL) is a Govt. of India undertaking. It is a globally reputed company in the Oil & Gas industry. BPCL is inviting applications from young mechanical and chemical engineers to join as Management Trainees.
- You will be selected on the basis of your GATE 2014 score.
- For detailed advertisement and information on the selection process, eligibility criteria, etc, you should visit the official website: www.bpclcareers.in
How to applyYou should apply separately for the BPCL recruitment online from 20th December 2013 to 31st January 2014 at the BPCL website along with your GATE 2014 registration number.
Power Grid recruitment through GATE 2014Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd. Is a Navaratna Public Sector Undertaking under the Ministry of Power, Govt. of India. The company is one of the world's largest power transmission utilities.
Power Grid invites smart engineering graduates in the Electrical discipline to join the company as executive trainees.
Batch: 2014 ET-19th Batch
- You should have completed B.E./ B.Tech/ B.Sc (Engg) from recognized University/Institute with Minimum 65% or equivalent CGPA in the following disciplines:
- Electrical (Power)
- Electrical and Electronics
- Power Systems Engineering
- Have completed AMIE course in Electrical discipline with Minimum 65% with both Sections A & B cleared by 31st March 2014
- You should have a valid GATE 2014 score
- Age: upper age limit is 28 years as on 31st December 2013
- The notification with details regarding the job vacancies, instructions on how to submit the online application, date of interview etc. will be hosted on the official website, from 7th January 2014
- Group Discussion and Personal Interview will likely be conducted in the month of April/May 2014
- For details about the eligibility criteria and selection procedure, visit the career section at the official website: www.powergridindia.com
- For any queries regarding this recruitment please send email to email@example.com with "ET 19-____________" in the subject line.
- Commencement of Online Submission of Application to Power Grid(tentative): first week of January 2014
- Last date for Online submission of Application to Power Grid(tentative): second week of February 2014
All the best!
Note: The author of this article has taken the information of the recruitment of the various companies from print advts. Readers are advised to check complete details from the respective companies' websites
Article by Vandana
Vandana is based in India with over 15 years experience as a freelance writer & holding the prestigious post of Managing Editor at the reputed portal IndiaStudyChannel.com (ISC). Writing, no doubt, is her primary passion! Having learned the art of blogging from ISC, Vandana is enjoying the thrills of blogging, taking pleasure in sharing information & getting good pageviews at her various blogs.
Follow Vandana or read 887 articles authored by Vandana
|Guest Author: Akhil 14 Jul 2015|
|Are the people from other branches like Mechatronics are eligible to any of the PSU if they have valid GATE score?|