Resources » Articles/Knowledge Sharing » General
2014 Haj online application forms, guidelines and accommodation rental information
Want to register for 2014 Haj pilgrimage from India? This article provides details on where to get the application forms and guidelines booklet for 2014 Haj pilgrimage. You will get information about the application procedure, general guidelines for baggage, accommodation rental charges, etc.
Haj is considered one of the most important tenets of Islam and followers of the Muslim faith hope that at least once during their life time they are able to perform Haj.
The Haj Committee of India, which is a statutory body of the Ministry of External Affairs, Govt. of India, has made the announcement for Haj 1435 (H)-2014 (C.E.) application forms . The application form and guidelines are jointly available in a single booklet. All applicants must read the guidelines in the booklet prior to filling up the Haj application forms.
How to apply
- You can obtain the application forms and 2014 Haj pilgrimage guidelines booklet from the office of the Haj Committee in your State/Union Territory. It is available free of cost. Alternatively, you can download the forms & guidelines from the official website of the Haj Committee of India at: www.hajcommittee.com
- You have to submit the Haj application form in the office of the Haj Committee in your State/Union Territory on or before 15th March, 2014 (only during working hours).
- Passport Information: You must have a valid Indian international passport issued on or before 15th March, 2014 and which is valid at least up to 31st March, 2015.
- Bank Account Information: You must give details of your Account in a Bank having IFS Code.
- Repeaters not allowed: You can perform Haj through the Haj Committee of India only once during your lifetime. If you get a confirmed seat by giving false information, it shall be cancelled at any stage, perhaps when you are boarding your flight too. The amount deposited by you will then be forfeited.
- Fitness: You must by physically and mentally fit in order to apply
- Declaration: You will need to submit a self-attested solemn declaration on plain paper in the format which is provided in the booklet.
- Baggage Allowance:
- Two checked-in baggage of 22kgs each is allowed (Length + Breadth + Height = 158cms)
- Hand bag of 10kgs (Length=55cms, Breadth=40cms, Height=23cms)
- Accommodation and Rentals for 2014 Haj: There are 2 categories of accommodation in Makkah Mukarramah, general facilities for which are the same for both:
- Green: The accommodation in this category is located within 1500 meters from the outer periphery of Haram Sharief and hence charges are higher. No transport facility is available for this category. The rental for this category is SAR.4500/- per unit.
- located within Azizia area of Makkah Mukarramah. Transport facility is available for this category. The rental: SAR.2630/- per unit (this includes transportation).
Check the FAQs (in English) for complete details: http://www.hajcommittee.com/index.php?value=faqs/faqs_en
Contact Information of Haj Committee of IndiaHaj House,
7-A, M.R.A. Marg,
Ph: 022-22612989 / 22610340 / 22613110
Note: The details provided here are from advt. in Hindustan Times,dt.24th January,2014, page 19. Readers are advised to check the official website of the Haj Committee of India for all details and updates.
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Article by Vandana
Vandana is based in India with over 12 years experience as a freelance writer & holding the prestigious post of Managing Editor at the reputed portal IndiaStudyChannel.com (ISC). Writing, no doubt, is her primary passion! Having learned the art of blogging from ISC, Vandana is enjoying the thrills of blogging, taking pleasure in sharing information & getting good pageviews at her various blogs.
Follow Vandana or read 779 articles authored by Vandana
Return to Article Index
Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore...