Resources » Articles/Knowledge Sharing » Sports
2014 PUMA School of Speed track race meet schedule online registration process & rules
Do you wish to register your school track team for the Puma School of Speed race competition in Mumbai, Bangalore and New Delhi? This article provides information on how to register your child through the school for the track meet organized by Puma. You will also get details here about the basic rules, the categories, the awards, etc. of the Puma track meet.
Overview Puma is organizing an exciting relay track race (4x1km) for schools across 3 cities. The winning team of the National Seniors will get a golden opportunity to meet track star Usain Bolt! This is the very first school-level team running meet to be held in India. Registration by the schools can be done online (see contact information at the end of this article).
[Image source: www.schoolofspeed.in]
Schedule and Venues
- 8/02/2014: Delhi Public School, North Bangalore
- 9/02/2014: MMRDA Grounds, Mumbai
- 15/02/2014: Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Delhi
Features and Rules
- The race:It is a 4 X 1km relay race
- The team: Each team has 4 runners & each runner runs 1km. A team with fewer than 4 participants will be disqualified. All team members should be from the same school & the same category
- The categories: There are 4 categories:
Each team can belong to only one of these categories.
- Junior Girls & Junior Boys (students of 7th& 8th Std. only)
- Senior Girls & Senior Boys (students of 9th& 10th Std. only)
- The kit and gear: All participants must wear bibs and timing chips throughout the race.
- The reporting time: You must report 90 minutes before the start time of the race.
- The Winners' Categories and Awards: The top 10 teams of each city per category will receive awards as follows:The first 3 winners will be declared per category per city
- The winner will get a gold medal, certificate and PUMA running sponsorship per team-member
- The first runner-up will receive a silver medal, certificate and PUMA running sponsorship per team-member
- The second runner-up will receive a bronze medal, certificate and PUMA running sponsorship per team-member
- The teams from the 4th to the 10th position will get a 'Top 10 Finisher' medal and a certificate
- A rolling shield will be awarded to the 'Fastest School' per category per city
- The PUMA Running Sponsorship: This is awarded in the form of PUMA Gift Cards as follows:
- The Race: Each runner will start, run 500 meters out, take a U-turn, head back 500 meters and pass the baton to the next runner. If the baton is not passed, it will result in the disqualification of the team. However, if a runner drops the baton, it will not disqualify the team. The timings will be recorded at start/finish and at the U-turn point. In case a runner does not hit the U-turn and his/her time is not recorded, the team will be disqualified.
- The National Race: The winners from the Senior Girls and Senior Boys categories in Mumbai and Bangalore must travel to Delhi to participate in the National Race on 15th February, 2014. Those who are the winners from the Senior Girls and Senior Boys categories will compete against all the teams from Delhi to win the National Title.
- All participants should carry their respective schools IDs.
- A PT instructor or parents should accompany their respective teams
- Participants are requested to wear school sports uniforms (if available)
- There are no on the spot registrations and those who come late will not be allowed to participate.
- Participating schools and all participants should read the Terms and conditions before registration.
- It is the responsibility of the school to be updated about the race day schedule, the event itself, rules, etc.
2014 PUMA meet Registration Process
- The school has to register the team before the specified date set for registration which is:
- Bangalore – 31st January, 2014
- Mumbai – 31st January, 2014
- Delhi – 7th February, 2014
- A school can register any number of teams
- To get your kid's school to register Call +91 98863 92001
Please read all rules and guidelines at the official website: www.schoolofspeed.in
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Article by Vandana
Vandana is based in India with over 15 years experience as a freelance writer & holding the prestigious post of Managing Editor at the reputed portal IndiaStudyChannel.com (ISC). Writing, no doubt, is her primary passion! Having learned the art of blogging from ISC, Vandana is enjoying the thrills of blogging, taking pleasure in sharing information & getting good pageviews at her various blogs.
Follow Vandana or read 812 articles authored by Vandana
|Guest Author: Pradeep Drall 05 Feb 2014|
|It is a very great chance for those students who want to be an athlete. |
Return to Article Index
Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore...