IntroductionBikes are the most common vehicle among middle class people in our country. Our streets are filled with bikes during peak hour. People are spending so much of money everyday for fuel. There are a number of bikes introduced in Indian market every year by famous automobile makers. Most of the bikes are advertised as energy efficient bikes. Indian people are keen to buy energy efficient bikes to cut down the cost spending on fuel. There are various factors affecting the mileage of bikes. Below are some of the tips mentioned in this article which will help you to increase your bike mileage.
Proper maintenanceMaintenance is important for any kind of vehicle or device. Proper maintenance of your bike ensures good mileage for a long period of time and saves your money a lot. It is good to perform a frequent service for your bike from an authorized agent. It is also good to follow the service and maintenance for a long period of time. Such maintenance will ensure the stability of the engine which in turns helps to save your fuel.
Use proper oil and petrolAdulteration becomes a major problem in most of the sectors. Engine oil and Fuel is also adulterated in various places. Such adulterated oils and fuels affect your engine and in turn reduces your bike mileage. Such adulterated fuels and oils also increase air pollution. It is best to fill petrol from trusted petrol pumps and buy engine oil from authorized sellers. Impurities in fuel or oil will make problems with your engine and spare parts.
Avoid overloadingBikes are designed in a way such so that it can carry certain limits of weight. Overloading your bike will consume more fuel and also affects the performance of your engine. Engine spoiled due to overloading will in turn consume more fuel. Avoid using your bikes for carrying heavy luggage or a number of people.
Avoid modificationsMost of the youngsters are changing various parts of the bikes based on their needs. Bike design and engine are interrelated to each other. Changing the parts or adding new parts to your bike will increase the weight of your bike which in turns consumes more fuel. It is good to avoid unnecessary modifications to your bike.
Change gears properlyChanging of gears will affect a lot the way your engine consumes fuel. It is good to change gears properly on correct speed. It will help you to save your fuel and money. Improper use of gears will also affect the performance of your engine and other critical spare parts.
Other critical itemsApart from the above items, below are some of the items which need to be considered to increase your bike mileage.
To ensure that the bike may give you maximum mileage, one has to take the following points into considerations. Some of the vital points are listed below-
1) To maintain correct speed while driving. It has been seen that youths believe in maintaining high speed beyond the directives of the manufacturers causing excess consumption of fuels. Normally, the bikes should be operated at the speed of 50 km / hour.
2) Carburetor should be adjusted to offer maximum power to the engine and at the same time, there should be less consumption of fuel.
3) Periodical maintenance of the bike is necessary to eliminate dirt and greasy substances and to see that there is not any leakage in the the circuit.
4) Correct ratio of petrol and lubricant is to be maintained.
5)Correct tyre-pressure is equally important for efficient fuel consumption.
6) One should avoid frequent changing clutches and gears to save the fuel.
7) As far as possible, we should operate on smooth roads despite the fact that the road chosen may be to some extent lengthy.
The author has outlined a number of useful tips in this regard, however, it is always essential to pay attention to some vital points which would curtail fuel bill.