10 Windows Apps that increase productivity
In this article, the author shares 10 Mobile apps which he uses on his windows mobile phone that increase the productivity. Each of the 10 apps address a different need in our daily life, and most of the readers will find it useful. Some of the Apps are common, but even if the users can find a few apps useful to them, it will improve their productivity.
Smartphones are our lifeline I will not be wrong if I said that Smartphones are our life line today and if there is one thing on which we spend the maximum time upon, is our smartphone. But given that scenario, still there are certain applications which make us more productive, and result in time well spent. I would like to share 10 Applications which I have on my Windows phone, which make my day to day life easier and make me more productive.
- Newspapers: This app gives me access to virtually every newspaper in the world on my mobile phone. I have stopped buying physical newspapers since I downloaded this app on my phone. The newspapers get continuously updated giving me realtime access to news as they happen. This app keeps me updated, saves a lot of money on subscriptions, make me proud that I did my bit to save environment by doing away with physical newspapers which involve usage of paper which result in cutting trees. And most of all, I get access to a number of newspapers rather that only 2 or 3 which I would have subscribed in physical form.
- Skype: I am able to do video calling with my family and friends using this app. This works really well. I have a number of my family and friends abroad in countries like USA, Singapore etc and I don't feel that they are far away from me because I am able to talk to them by video calling on Skype and it feels at home.
- NSE Mobile: This is a very good application for people who trade in stock markets. This application provides realtime access to quotes of scrips, futures, options, and currencies. If you have a good Wi-Fi connection around this app really works well. Good for future & options traders. Definetely worth a try.
- Moneygenie: This is another app for the people who work in stock markets. It gives the quotes in very simplified way. It has some advanced features like you can set a rate which when reached by any instrument, you will automatically get an alert.
- Outlook: My outlook email works wonderfully on my smartphone.
- Onedrive: Onedrive gives 15 GB of cloud space. Here I save important documents and this app being on my phone keeps my documents handy all the time. Infact, this app has saved the day for me more than once.
- Truecaller: This is a must have. This app saves me from numerous unwanted calls, spammers and telecallers trying to sell me products I don't need. This app is also able to identify the unknown calls if those numbers exist in its network, and more often than not this app is able to identify the number, and then you may decide whether to pickup the phone or not. In effect this app saves lot of time and make me more productive.
- Flashlight: This app is a must have because whenever I am stuck in a dark area, or I need to look in areas without access to lighting, this app comes in very handy.
- OLA: I use OLASHARE to commute in the city. This is a must try, because imagine being able to commute from one place to another for anywhere between Rs. 90 - Rs. 225 (Approx. charges on most of my city trips). I have virtually abandoned my car, because at such low cost I get to travel in chauffer driven, Air conditioned cars and I can do my work, read books, make phone calls and not worry about parking space or parking cost.
- WhatsApp: I have common interest groups on WhatsApp, which make it easy for me to be always connected to people of different groups.
Conclusion While smartphones are the inseparable part of our lives, it will be prudent if they are used in a productive manner and used to make our lives better, faster and more productive. We can achieve this goal by using good applications available on the app stores of various platforms. I personally found the above applications very useful for me and all these apps have made my life much easier and I can do more with my life using these apps.