Online Video Database Management System refers to management of an online video database. The best example is the YouTube. So, users can watch videos without possessing them, upload videos and earn money etc,. Administrator must manage the online video database by adding or deleting videos from it etc,. The online video database management system for which the UML diagrams are drawn here is pretty much different from YouTube. A major difference in this system is that, user can access the online video database only if he/she has an account and logs in to the system which is not needed in YouTube.
1) Login Page : Users can enter User Id and Password to login or can create a new account.
2) Search Page : This page is opened after a successful login. Users can enter a search term to search any video. The search results are displayed in the non-header part of the page. Each search result shows name, thumbnail, download button (for free videos), like and dislike icons, number of views etc., corresponding to a video. Also, an upload button is located at the top right corner of the page.
3) Download Page : If on the search page, download button corresponding to a video is clicked, a dialog box is displayed asking to set resolution and format. After selection of required resolution and format, this page is opened showing the percentage of download completed etc,. User cannot do any work until the download is completed or cancelled. So, network connection must be good.
4) Watch Page : If on the search page, name corresponding to a video is clicked, this page is opened if the video is a free video else a dialog box requesting to rent/purchase video is opened. A Non Free video is displayed if and only if it is taken for rent or purchased by the user. Unlike YouTube, video is shown full screen only and only play/pause, replay, close etc,. buttons are present on this page.
5) Upload Page : If on the search page, upload button is clicked, this page is opened and asks to select a video and fill the details required. After selection of video and filling the details, the video is uploaded to the administrator database and gets ready for processing.
6) Process Page : After the upload of video into the administrator database from the upload page, this page opens automatically showing the details of processing.
After 'close button click' on Watch Page or 'completion or cancellation of download' in Download Page or 'completion of processing' in Process Page, Search Page is automatically displayed. Sign In Page, Edit Profile Page etc,. are similar to YouTube in this system.
The nine commonly used Unified Modeling Language Diagrams are as follows:
Use Case Diagram
It shows the Actors, Use Cases and their Relationships in a system. Only one Use Case Diagram exists for a system. In this online video database management system, actors and use cases are as follows.
User : Uses the online video database.
Administrator : Manages the online video database.
Sign Up : User creates a new account.
Sign In : User logs in to the system.
Search Video : User enters a search term.
Watch Video : User watches a video.
Download Video : User downloads a video.
Upload Video : User uploads a video.
Manage Account : User performs edit profile or delete account.
Sign Out : User logs out from the system.
Verify Login : Administrator verifies login details of users.
Manage Accounts : Administrator manages user accounts.
Search Video : Administrator searches for a video in the database.
Play Video : Administrator streams a video from the database.
Rent/Sell Video : Administrator manages money transactions.
Process Video : Administrator processes video uploaded by users.
Maintain Database : Administrator maintains video database.
All the Include and Extends relationships can be understood from the diagram. As the diagram is large, It is divided into two parts. Hence, the Use Case Diagram of Online Video Database Management System is :
It shows the Classes, Interfaces and their Relationships in a system. Only one Class Diagram exists for a system. Classes playing a key role in this Online Video Database Management System are as follows.
1) User : Uses the online video database.
2) Administrator : Manages the online video database.
3) Database : Contains the Video Details, User Details etc,.
All the other classes like Account, Video, Viewer, Uploader, Downloader etc,. can be understood from their names. Hence, the Class Diagram of Online Video Database Management System is :
It shows the instance of the Class Diagram in the form of Objects and Links. There are infinite Object Diagrams for a system. An Object Diagram of this Online Video Database Management System is :
Above Object Diagram represents the instance in which three users are using the system in which the first user is a viewer watching a non free video, the second a downloader and the third an uploader.
It shows the messages passed between different objects in a system. Number of Sequence Diagrams for a system is equal to the number of Use Cases in the system (one sequence diagram for one use case). Use Cases playing a key role in this Online Video Database Management System are Download Video, Watch Video and Upload Video. Hence, the Sequence Diagrams for these Use Cases respectively are :
Sequence Diagram - Download Video
Sequence Diagram - Watch Video
Sequence Diagram - Upload Video
It is another representation of a Sequence Diagram. Hence, the Collaboration Diagrams corresponding to the above Sequence Diagrams respectively are :
Collaboration Diagram - Download Video
Collaboration Diagram - Watch Video
Collaboration Diagram - Upload Video
It represents the system as a flow of activities i.e. similar to a flow chart. Only one Activity Diagram exists for a system. Hence, the Activity Diagram for this Online Video Database Management System is :
State Chart Diagram
It represents the sequence of states an object goes through in working of a system. Therefore, number of state chart diagrams is equal to the number of classes in the system. The object which plays a key role in Online Video Database Management System is User. Hence, the State Chart Diagram for User is :
It shows the components which form the executable part of a system, interfaces and their relationships. Only one Component Diagram exists for a system. Here, Components are JSPs i.e. Java Server Pages and they are explained above in the User Interface category clearly. Hence, the Component Diagram for this Online Video Database Management System is :
It shows the nodes on which the components of a system execute. It represents the hardware topology of a system. Only one Deployment Diagram exists for a system. Hence, the Deployment Diagram for this Online Video Database Management System is :
Database Server and Application Server respectively correspond to the Online Video Database and the Administrator. Clients are users and Web Server is their corresponding LAN Server. Hence, the UML diagrams of this Online Video Database Management System.