IntroductionBanasthali Vidyapith is one of the five universities in India meant exclusively for women and the largest fully residential women's university in the world having more than 13,000 students. It is a deemed university offering programs at school, undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate levels. Banasthali Vidyapith has been accredited 'A' grade by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). Admission to the Banasthali Vidyapith is open to women only and all admitted students have to compulsorily reside in one of the hostels of the institute. Every student seeking admission to the Banasthali Vidyapith has to submit an application in the prescribed form and pay the requisite application fee by the prescribed date. Aspiring students can submit their application online also on the university's website.
Important datesThe following are the important dates related to the admission process -A. School Admission -
B. Higher Education -
- Last date of submission of Admission Form - 05.05.2016
- With Late Fee - 16. 05. 2016
- Aptitude Test Date - 28.05.2016 for Class VI and IX
- Last date of submission of Admission Form - 05.05.2016
- With Late Fee - 16. 05. 2016
- Aptitude Test Date - 28.05.2016 for (i) B.Tech. (CS, EC, EI, EE, IT, BT, CE, MT)/ B.Pharm. (ii) M.Sc. (Biotechnology) (iii) M.B.A., (iv) B.Design and (v) M.Tech. (CS, VLSI, IT).
- Aptitude Test Date - 29.05.2016 for B.Ed.
- Aptitude Test Date - June, 2016 for (i) M.A. in Textile Designing (ii) M.Phil. and (iii) M.A. (English, Music, Drawing & Painting)
Courses offered The following is a brief description of higher courses offered by the university, eligibility criteria and duration - B.A. - 10+2, 3 yearsM.A. - B.A., 2 yearsMaster of Social Work - B.A., 2 yearsM.Phil. - 55% in M.A, 1.5 years B.Ed. - 50% in Graduation (55% in case of Engg. or Tech.), 2 yearsM.Ed. - 50% in B.Ed./ B.T./ L.T., 2 yearsB.Sc. - 55% in 10+2 with Sc. , 3 yearsB.Sc. (Biotechnology) - 55% in 10+2 with Sc. (Bio), 3 yearsB. Pharm - 60% in 10+2 with Phy., Chem., Bio./ Maths, 4 yearsM.Sc. (Chem.) - 60% in B.Sc. with Chem., 2 yearsM.Sc. (Bio Sc.) - 60% in B.Sc. with Bio. Sc., 2 yearsM.Sc. (Biotech.) - 55% in Bachelor's degree in various life science disciplines, 2 yearsM.Sc. (App. Micro Bio. & Bio-tech.) - B.Sc. with Bio. Sc./ Biotech., 2 yearsM.Sc. (Bio-Informatics) - B.Sc. (Biotech/ Life Sc.), 2 yearsM.Sc. (Geology) - 50% in B.Sc.(Geology), 2 yearsM.Sc. (Geography) - B.A/ B.Sc., 2 yearsM.Sc. (Environ. Sc.) - 50% in B.Sc./ B.E./ B.Tech., 2 yearsM.Pharm. (Pharm. Chem., Pharmaceutics, Pharmacology) - 60% in Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy (B. Pharm.), 2 yearsM.Tech. (Biotech.) - B.E./B.Tech.(Biotech.), Biochem, Engg., B.Pharma. and related disciplines or M.Sc. (Life Sciences) and related disciplines, 2 yearsM.Tech. (Bioinformatics) - All B.Tech., M.Sc.(Sciences), B. Pharm., MCA, PGD Bioinformatics, 2 yearsM.Tech. (Chem. Engg.) - B.E./B.Tech. (Chem. Engg./Biotech./Biochem. Engg./Environ. Engg.) with 55% marks or equivalent grade, 2 yearsM.Phil. (Geography) - 55% in M.A./ M.Sc., 1.5 yearsB. Design - 50% in 10+2, 4 yearsM.Design - 4 Year B. Des./B.Tech. Programme or any graduate with 1 year work experience with 50% marks in qualifying examination, 2 yearsM.A. (Music, Drawing & Painting) - 55% in B.A. (Textile / Drawing) B.Sc. (Home Sc. with CT) B.F.A./ B.E. Textile, 2 yearsM.A. (Text. Design.) - 55% in B.A. (Textile / Drawing) B.Sc. (Home Sc. with CT) B.F.A./ B.E. Textile, 2 yearsM.Phil. Music (Vocal/ Inst.) / Drawing - 50% in M.A. Music / Drawing, 1.5 yearsB.Tech. - 60% in 10+2 with Phy., Chem., Maths., 4 yearsM. Tech. (Comp. Sc./ IT) - B.E./ B.Tech.(C.S. & Engg.)/ M.Sc (C.S.)/ MCA/ M.Sc. Maths (TCS) with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks, 2 yearsM.Tech. (VLSI Design) - B.E./ B.Tech.(C.S./ Elec.)/ M.Sc. (C.S.)/ MCA/ M.Sc. (Elect.) with a minimum of 55% marks, 2 years M.Tech. (Remote Sensing) - B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Arch. or Masters Degree in Remote Sensing & any Discipline of Sc./Earth Sc., 2 yearsB.Com. - 10 +2, 3 yearsBBA - 10 +2, 3 yearsMBA - 50% in any Bachelor's degree, 2 yearsB.Sc. (Aviation Science) - 10+2, 3 yearsB.Sc. - 60% in 10+2 with Maths, 3 yearsBCA - 60% in 10+2, 3 yearsM.Sc. (Comp. Sc.) - 60% in B.Sc./ B.A.(Comp. Sc.)/(Comp. App.) / BCA, 2 yearsM.Sc. (Physics) - 60% in B.Sc. with Maths & Phy., 2 yearsM.Sc. (Electronics) - 60% in B.Sc. with Maths & Elect./ Phy./ Comp. Maint., 2 yearsM.Sc. (Math. Sc.) - 60% in B.A./B.Sc with Maths., 2 yearsMCA - 60% in Graduation, 3 yearsM.Phil. (Math. Sc.) - 55% in M.A./ M.Sc. Math. Sc., 1.5 yearsM.Tech. (Nanotechnology) - 55% in M.Sc.(Phy./ Chem.)/ B.Tech. (Electronics/ Elec. Engg./ Biotech./ Chem. Engg.) , 2 yearsB.Sc. (Home Sc.) - 50% in 10+2, 3 yearsM.Sc.(Home Sc.) Human Development/ Food Sc. & Nutrition/Clothing & Textile) - 60% in B.Sc. Home Sc., 2 yearsB.A. L.L.B.(Integrated) - 45% in Sr. Sec. Sch. Cert. Exam., 5 yearsB.Com. L.L.B.(Integrated) - 45% in Sr. Sec. Sch. Cert. Exam., 5 yearsBBA L.L.B.(Integrated) - 45% in Sr. Sec. Sch. Cert. Exam., 5 yearsB.A. (Journ. and Mass Comm.) - 50% in Sr. Sec. Sch. Cert. Exam. , 3 years
How to applyA. Online mode - Online application can be submitted at the University's website - http://www.banasthali.org B. Offline mode -
- (i) Prospectus and form can be obtained by post by sending a demand draft of Rs. 800 in favor of 'Banasthali Vidyapith' payable at Banasthali/Jaipur to - The Secretary, Banasthali Vidyapith, P.O. Banasthali Vidyapith- 304022 (Rajasthan).
- (ii) Prospectus and form can be obtained in person also on payment of Rs. 800 in cash from - Surya Mandir, Banasthali Vidyapith (Phone - 01438-228384, 305655, 228990, Mobile- +91-93528 79833, 93528 79844, 93528 79855).
Foreign, NRI and NRI sponsored admissionsThe admission against these seats are made directly on merit basis and the applicants do not have to appear in the aptitude test. The eligibility criteria for admission in respect of Foreign, NRI or NRI sponsored candidates is 40% marks in the qualifying examination except for B.Ed. where it is 50% and M.Ed. where it is 55%. Only a limited number of seats are available under this quota and the students are required to submit following documents -
- Original certificates/ mark sheets of the qualifying examination.
- Attested copies of the passport and visa of the NRI sponsor of the applicant.
- Foreign bank account number or NRI account number of the NRI applicant or NRI sponsor of the applicant.
- Declaration regarding NRI status of the NRI applicant or NRI Sponsor of the applicant.
How to submit online applicationsThe following is a broad outline of the process of submission of online application forms -
.After successful submission of online application form, the following documents along with application fee of Rs. 800 by 30.04.2016 or Rs.1700 (with late fee) by 16.05.2016, should be submitted to -The Secretary, Banasthali Vidyapith, P.O. Banasthali Vidyapith, Rajasthan – 304022 for further processing.
- Visit the website of the university - http://www.banasthali.org
- Click on 'Admissions 2016-17' on left side of the home page which will lead to 'Admissions' page.
- Click on 'Online Admissions Form' on right lower side of the page.
- Select either 'Higher Education Admission Form' or 'School Education Admission Form' as the case may be.
- Fill all the fields of the online application form carefully and accurately.
- Photograph of maximum 80 KB in only JPG/GIF/PNG formats is allowed to be uploaded.
- Roll number of qualifying examination is required to be entered.
- In case the result are not declared, then the marks field should be left blank.
- On submission of application form completed in all respects, 'Form Submission Detail' page appears mentioning 'Application Form No.' which has to be quoted in all future correspondence.
- The information displayed on this page is received through email also at the email address filled in the application form.
- Option for online payment of fee through net banking, debit or credit card is made available.
- An option of payment of fee through bank challans at Indian banks is also made available.
- Links to options 'Pay Online', 'Print Acknowledgement Slip', 'Download Your Application Form' and 'Register Yourself' are made available on this page.
- Printout of the Application Form
- Self attested photocopies of mark sheets / certificates.
- Proof of Fee Payment e.g. demand draft or copy of bank challan in case not submitted through online mode.
- Application Form number should be written on top of every document.
How to Reach BanasthaliBanasthali is located at a distance of about 72 kilometers from Jaipur in the Tonk district of Rajasthan. Newai is a major town close to the university. It is well connected by air, rail and road to the rest of the India.
The applicants are advised to visit the website of the university to see/verify the full details displayed on the same before taking any further action. Any query regarding admission can be sent to - firstname.lastname@example.org
- By Air - Jaipur airport which is well connected to the rest of India is about 59 kilometers from the institute.
- By Train - Banasthali Newai railway station is situated between Jaipur and Sawai Madhopur (about 66 kilometers from both the railway stations. ) on the Jaipur-Mumbai railway route and is
- By Road - A number of buses of Rajasthan Roadways Transport Corporation ply on Jaipur-Banasthali route.