IntroductionBanasthali Vidyapith is the largest fully residential women's university in the world having more than 13,000 students. It is a deemed university which offers doctoral research programs in various subjects besides offering programs at school, undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Banasthali Vidyapith has been accredited 'A' grade by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). Admission to the Banasthali Vidyapith is open to women only and all admitted students have to compulsorily reside in one of the hostels of the institute. For admission to doctoral research programs, the Vidyapith will organize an online entrance test on 10.05.2016.
Important datesLast date of submission of completed online registration form - 05.05.2016Date of RET Examination - 10.05.2016 (11.00 AM to 01.00 PM)Date of Course Work Examination - 10.05.2016 (03.00 PM to 05.00 PM)
SubjectsResearch facility in following subjects is available at the Vidyapith - Bio-Science, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmacy, Chemical Engineering, Computer Science, Drawing & Painting, Economics, Education, Electronics, English, Hindi, History, Management, Mathematics, Statistics, Music (Vocal/ Instrumental/ Dance), Physical Education, Political Science, Sanskrit, Sociology, French, German, Physics, Geography, Psychology, Design, Home Science (Human Development, Food Science & Nutrition, Clothing & Textile and Extension Education).
EligibilityA candidate who has obtained a -
- Master's degree in the subject or related field with at least 55% marks or has qualified the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the University Grants Commission may apply for Admission for the Ph.D. program at any time during the academic year.
- However qualifying Research Entrance Test (RET) conducted by the Vidyapith is a mandatory requirement for enrollment and until that stage the admission shall be treated as Provisional.
- Candidates having qualified NET, SLET, GATE or M.Phil. (if admitted through a research entrance examination) may be exempted from RET.
- Candidates from faculty of fine arts like visual art, music and dance and design, will be exempted from RET.
- A candidate having a minimum of 5 years work experience in teaching or industrial or research fields may be given a relaxation of 5% in marks.
Important PointsMode of Examination will be online only. There will be no negative marking.Pattern of the RET question paper - there will be total 100 multiple choice questions - 30 questions on research aptitude and 70 questions on relevant subject.In the Course Work examination, there will be total 60 multiple choice questions in every paper on research methodology and IT based research techniques. RET syllabus is given on the website of the Vidyapith. Venue - Banasthali Vidyapith (main campus).Candidates have to report by 09.00 AM at Surya Mandir (IT Center) Banasthali Vidyapith on the examination date.
RET Registration Form
- Application can submitted by downloading application form by accessing it by clicking on 'Research and Development' > 'Doctoral Research' > 'How To Apply' > 'Download Application Form'.
- Online registration form can be accessed by clicking on 'Research and Development' > 'Doctoral Research' > 'How To Apply' > Research Entrance Test (RET) for admission to Ph.D. program in Banasthali Vidyapith > Online Registration Form >'Click Here to Fill Online Form for Research Entrance Test (RET)'.
- Online form for course work examination can also be accessed by the route described at point number 2 above.
Fee Schedule Application Form Fee - Rs. 500.Admission Fee - Rs. 5,000 (with application form).Enrollment Fee - Rs. 10,000 (with application form).Registration Fee - Rs. 20,000 (at the time of Submission of synopsis).Educational Fee (including Development Fee) - with application form - Group A - (humanities, fine arts, social sciences) - 59,000 (per annum), Group B -(mathematical science, science & technology, management, education, home science, earth science, design) - 78,000 (per annum).Supplication Fee - Rs. 40,000 (at the time of submission of thesis)Security fee - Rs. 10,000 (refundable fee).
Contact detailsThe following are important information about contact details -
- Postal Address - P. O. Banasthali Vidyapith, Banasthali, Rajasthan– 304022
- Website - http://www.banasthali.org, http://www.banasthali.ac.in
- E-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone No. (Research Section) - 01438-228989 (office), 228341 to 48 Extension 330, Fax - 228365, 228649
However the readers are advised to visit the website of the Banasthali Vidyapith and read/verify the information from its original source before proceeding ahead.