How to register for JEE (Advanced) 2016?
Have you cleared the JEE (Main) examination and are eligible to register for JEE (Advanced), 2016? Do you want to know the important dates and basic outline of the registration procedure? Then read this article to know the answers of such questions. .
IntroductionJEE (Main) examination results have finally been declared on 28.04.2016. This year i.e. in 2016, the cut off marks of JEE (Main) for general category students has been reduced to 100 as compared to 105 of previous year 2015. The cut off marks are given out of 360 marks and the students scoring above the cut-off marks are considered to be qualified for the JEE (advanced) exam. Admission into various undergraduate programs of IITs and ISM are made through the JEE (Advanced).
Important datesOnline Registration for JEE (Advanced) 2016 begins - 29.04.2016 (10.00 hrs.)Registration ends at - 04.05.2016 (17.00 hrs.)Registration Portal - http://jeeadv.nic.inExamination Date - 22.05.2016 (Sunday), Paper 1 - 09.00 to 1200 hrs. , Paper II - 14.00 to 17.00 hrs.Declaration of results - 12.06.2016 (10.00 hrs.)
- JEE (Advanced) 2016 consists of two papers - Paper-1 and Paper-2. Candidates have to attempt both the papers.
- Medium of question paper can be chosen - either English or Hindi.
- A Candidate is allowed to appear in JEE (Advanced) examination maximum for two times that too consecutively.
- Foreign nationals (including PIO and OCI card holders) are eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced) 2016. However reservation of seats under various categories does not apply in the case of foreign nationals.
- Admission to IITs and NITs is subject to further condition that the candidate should either be in category wise top 20 percentile in class XII or should have scored at least 75% marks (general and OBC-NCL category) or 70% marks ( SC, ST and PwD category).
Reservation of seatsOther Backward Classes - Non-Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL) - 27%.Scheduled Caste (SC) - 15% Scheduled Tribe (ST) - 7.5% .Persons with Disability (PwD) - 3% seats in each of OPEN, OBC-NCL, SC and ST category seats.Defense Service (DS) candidates - two seats in each Institute.Foreign nationals - 10% of total number of seats in every course which will be supernumerary. However OCI/PIO card holders will be allotted seats under open category which will not be supernumerary.
Eligibility Criteria 1 - Performance in JEE (Main)Only top 2,00,000 candidates will be allowed to appear in JEE ( Advanced). The category wise list is as follows -
- Open - 97,970, Open (PwD) 3,030, Total Open - 1,01,000
- OBC-NCL- 52,380, OBC-NCL (PwD) - 1,620, Total OBC - 54,000
- SC - 29,100, SC(PwD) - 900, Total SC - 30,000
- ST - 14,550, ST (PwD) - 450, Total ST - 15,000
Eligibility Criteria 2 - Age limitOnly candidates born on or after 01.10.1991 are eligible.Age relaxation of five years is available to SC, ST and PwD candidates i.e. such candidates should have born on or after 01.10.1986
Eligibility Criteria 3 - Number of attemptsA maximum of only two attempts in two consecutive years are allowed in JEE (Advanced). The candidates who have appeared in JEE (Advanced) 2015 are eligible to apply in JEE (Advanced) 2016 also.
Eligibility Criteria 4 - Class XII examination.Only those candidates are eligible who have appeared in class XII examination in the year 2015 or 2016.The candidates who have appeared in the class XII examination in the year 2014 or earlier are not eligible except those whose results were declared after June 2014.
Eligibility Criteria 5 - Earlier admission at IITs/ISM.The candidate should NOT have been admitted in an IIT/ISM program in the past. The candidates who have even accepted the IIT/ISM seat by reporting at a reporting center in the past are not eligible. Also the candidates whose admission at IITs or ISM was cancelled in the past are also NOT eligible.
Registration ProcedureThe registration procedure consists of following three basic steps
- Registration can be done only through the online portal. Detailed instructions are provided on the online portal.
- Basic data is required to be filled after login. Choice of language of examination i.e. whether English or Hindi and the options for the cities of the examination has also to be given.
- Scanned copies of requisite documents has to be uploaded.
- Registration fee has to be paid. The registration fee once paid is neither transferable, nor refundable.
Registration feeFemale Candidates - Rs.1000.SC, ST, PwD Candidates - Rs. 1000.All Other Candidates - Rs. 2000.All Candidates (Dubai Center) - $ 220.The registration fee mentioned above does not include service charges, processing fees and any other charges that the banks may charge.Detailed instructions regarding the payment of registration fee is given on the online registration portal.
Documents for registration Scanned copies of following documents are required to be uploaded at the time of online registration for JEE (Advanced) 2016 -
- Class X certificate in which date of birth is mentioned or the birth certificate.
- Class XII certificate by candidates who have appeared in JEE (Advanced) 2015 examination.
- Gazette notification regarding change of name in case the name is not tallying with the name mentioned in class X certificate.
- OBC-NCL certificate issued on or after 01.06.2015 (in case applicable).
- Caste certificate for SC or tribe certificate for ST (in case applicable)
- Disability certificate issued by the notified medical authority (in case applicable).
- Request letter addressed to the Chairman of the respective zonal IIT in case services of a scribe is applicable and required.
- Certificate issued by a competent authority in the Directorate of Resettlement and Rehabilitation, New Delhi by candidates seeking admission under DS category.
- PIO card or OCI certificate, as applicable.
- Information Brochure Version Number 2.0 can be down loaded at http://www.jeeadv.ac.in/info_brochure
- Sixteen additional cities and towns where JEE (Advanced) 2016 will be held has been announced. Full list can be seen at http://www.jeeadv.ac.in/exam-cities
- Admission to four new IITs i.e. IIT Chhattisgarh, IIT Goa, IIT Jammu and IIT Karnataka will be done during the year 2016-17.
- JEE (Advanced) 2016 will be organized by IIT, Guwahati.
- The website of JEE (Advanced) 2016 is http://www.jeeadv.ac.in/.
- Candidates can download their admit card after successful registration from the online registration portal -www.jeeadv.ac.in during the period 11.05.2016 and 22.05.2016
- Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) will be conducted separately on 15.06.2016 for which registration will be done between 12.06.2016 (10.00 hrs.) to 13.06.2016 (17.00 hrs.). Results of AAT will be declared on 19.06.2016
Programs offeredB.Tech. , B.S., B. Pharm ( 4 years).B.Arch., Dual Degree B.Tech.-M.Tech., Dual Degree B.S.-M.S., Integrated Dual Degree M.Pharm., Integrated M.Tech., Integrated M.Sc. (5 years).
Other institutesThe following institutes have used JEE (Advanced) ranks in the past.
. However the candidates may contact the said institutes directly for further information.
- Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (IISc).
- Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST), Thiruvananthapuram.
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs) located in Bhopal, Mohali, Kolkata, Pune and Thiruvananthapuram.
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT), Raebareli
ConclusionThe process of registration for JEE (Advanced) 2016 is very simple and systematic. However the candidates are advised to download the Information Brochure Version Number 2.0 from the JEE (Advanced) 2016 website http://www.jeeadv.ac.in/info_brochure and study the same thoroughly before proceeding ahead.