IntroductionNursing courses are meant for those people who wish to pursue any career related to the medical genre. A career in medical stream is booming both in India and abroad. I would like to discuss about nursing courses in abroad and to be very specific in the US. If you would like to pursue a nursing course where you would get a professional outlook and real life experiences from renowned doctors of various countries, then the USA is one of the best countries to pursue such a course. This is a 4 year degree course that will give you every kind of theoretical knowledge and practical skills to be an expert in this field.
Requirements to eligible to study abroad
- First and foremost the thing that is required is that you must be fluent in English. Your English writing skills must also be good. To prove this you must have either of the following:
- A degree in secondary school with minimum 4-5 years of curriculum in English Language. This rule is for international students. So the candidates must belong from a country where English is the primary language used for speaking and communication.
- A score in either TOEFL or IELTS examination. Both the examinations are given equal importance while applying for the US visa. So if you have got a high score in any of these examinations your proficiency in English language will be well established.
- If you do not fall under the above categories then you will have to appear in the test conducted by the college where itself you are applying for the nursing degree. If you clear that test you can apply for a visa with that score.
- You must pass with science subjects in senior secondary. The overall aggregate score cutoff is 80%. The college administration may decide on increasing this percentage bar depending on the number of applicants applying in that course. The subject-wise cutoff is however around 65-70%.
- Lastly, you should apply for the student F1 visa to be able to study . Before applying for the F1 visa in nursing you should apply in the college that you would like to study in. That way you would have a valid reason to apply for the visa. There is a time gap between applying in the college and getting a call for an interview. If you show the copy of your application and the copy of the letter from the college administration getting an F1 visa will be easier. After you get an F1 visa, being selected in this course will be easier.
Advantages of this course
- You can start your career in any hospital or nursing home abroad. Your pay package will be much higher than a private nursing home in India.
- You can join the surgical team in an O.T. This will be a specific job. Here you will have to help the surgeons in their regular surgical operations.
- If you want to be a nurse in the general ward then you will not be given the duty in the O.T.
- You can also apply to be an emergency room nurse.Here also your job will be specific to the emergency wards or rooms only.
- Lastly, if you want to learn nursing in abroad, but continue your career in India, then you can always join a private hospital in India.
ConclusionNursing is not just a job, it is a duty. It is a gesture of care and sympathy towards a patient. You will not just learn the regular duties of a nurse in this course. You will also learn to be a more caring human being towards another human being. If you remain dedicated towards the mankind whenever needed you will truly manifest your knowledge into usefulness.