How to apply for B.Sc. in Culinary Arts program of Indian Culinary Institute, Tirupati?
Do you know about B.Sc. in Culinary Arts program offered by the Indian Culinary Institute, Tirupati? How admission will be made, what is last date of submission of the application and what is the eligibility criteria? Read this article to know answer of these and such other questions.
IntroductionThe Indian Culinary Institute (ICI) is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India with its headquarter at Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh and two campuses at Tirupati and Noida, Uttar Pradesh. The first academic session of the institute will commence with the launch of a three year (six semester) B.Sc. program in Culinary Arts from August, 2016. The program will be offered jointly by the Indian Culinary Institute(ICI) and the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU). A joint entrance examination (JEE) will be conducted on 09.07.2016 for admission to the said program. Admission to first year of B.Sc. Culinary Art program will be strictly based on the All India Rank (AIR) of the applicants secured in the JEE.
- On line Application Form - 20.05.2016.
- Last date for applying online - 28.06.2016.
- Last Date of receipt of printout of Application Form - 02.07.2016.
- Downloading of admit card - between 04.07.2016 to 08.07.2016.
- Date of examination - 09.07.2016 (10.00 AM to 01.00 PM).
- Result of JEE and allotment of seat - Third week of July, 2016.
- Commencement of academic session - 16.08.2016.
Career opportunitiesThe graduating students of the ICI can look for career opportunities in the following fields -
- Chef in hotel, restaurants and associated hospitality industry.
- Railway, flight kitchen, navy, cruise lines, hospitals and such other institutional catering services.
- Management trainee in international food chains with prospects of managerial positions in future.
- Hotels and restaurants operated by various State Tourism Development Corporations.
- Food related business houses.
- Nutrition experts/consultants.
- Food photography.
- Self employment as entrepreneurs.
- Faculty positions in hotel management and food craft Institutes.
- Allied food/hospitality industry.
Eligibility - qualifying examination
- A pass in 10+2 examination of a recognized board with English as one of the subjects.
- The students appearing in 10+2 or equivalent examination can also appear on provisional basis. However in such cases, the proof of having passed the qualifying examination will have to be submitted latest by 30.09.2016.
Eligibility - age limit
- General and OBC categories - 22 years (as on 01.08.2016) i.e. candidates born on or after 01.08.1994 are eligible.
- Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates - 25 years (as on 01.08.2016) i.e. candidates born on or after 01.08.1991 are eligible.
- There is no additional relaxation in upper age limit for physically challenged candidates. Their age will be reckoned as per the category they belong to i.e. General/SC/ST/OBC.
- Date of birth as recorded in the school certificate issued by the Secondary Education Board/Pre-University Certificate will be treated as authentic proof of the age.
- Scheduled caste - 15% .
- Scheduled tribe - 7.5% .
- OBC (Non creamy layer) - 27%.
- Physically Disabled candidates - 3%.
- General and OBC candidates - Rs. 1000.
- SC/ ST/ PD candidates - Rs. 500.
Pattern of examination (JEE)There will be an objective type question paper of three hours duration consisting of total 200 marks distributed as follows -
The marking system will be as follows -
- Numerical Ability and Analytical Aptitude - 30 marks.
- Reasoning and Logical Deduction - 30 marks.
- General Knowledge & Current Affairs - 30 marks.
- English Language - 60 marks.
- Aptitude for Service Sector - 50 marks.
- Each correct answer will carry one mark in case of subjects listed at S.N. 1 to 4 above and for each wrong answer 0.25 marks will be deducted.
- For 'Aptitude for Service Sector' component, graded marks will be awarded. The most appropriate answer will carry 1.00 mark, the next appropriate answer 0.75 marks and the next to next appropriate answer will carry 0.50 marks. However in case of inappropriate answer, negative mark of 0.25 to be deducted.
- The applicants should download the Information Brochure from the website of the 'Tourism & Hospitality Institute Management System' - www.thims.gov.in and study the same thoroughly.
- The applicants are required to register at the website for completing online application process.
- An active and valid email ID of the applicant is required on which the written test call letter and the result are sent.
- A recent color photograph of the applicant not taken more than three months earlier has to be pasted (not stapled) in the space marked for it on the print out of the application.
- The code and name of the center at which the applicant wishes to appear for the examination should be carefully selected and filled in the application form. Only under exceptional circumstances, change in center can be considered on receipt of an application with valid reasons together with a non-refundable fee in the form of a demand draft of Rs. 1000 drawn in favor of ICI payable at NOIDA on or before 06.07.2016 at the office of Director (A & F) NCHMCT, NOIDA .
- The applicants are required to put their signature in the box provided for the same.
- The application has to be countersigned by the parent/guardian of the applicant duly mentioning his/her relationship with the applicant.
- Online applications can be submitted during the period 20.05.2016 to 28.06.2016.
- Confirmation sheet i.e. print out of the online filled application, photograph of the applicant, other documents and demand draft of application fee drawn in favor of ICI and payable at NOIDA should be sent at following address so as to reach on or before 02.07.2016 -
Director (A & F)
National Council for Hotel Management & Catering Technology
A -34, Sector -62,
Noida – 201309.
- Application can also be submitted by hand at NCHMCT, NOIDA.
- Question Paper will be bilingual in English and Hindi (except for English language paper).
- Total 30 seats are offered for the academic session 2016-19 at Tirupati campus of ICI.
- Limited hostel seats are available.
- 5% to 10% extra seats may be offered to offset no shows and dropouts.
- A physical fitness certificate issued by a Registered Medical Practitioner in the prescribed format will have to be submitted by the successful candidates at the time of admission.
- Indian Culinary Institute - http://ici.nic.in/
- Tourism & Hospitality Institute Management System - www.thims.gov.in
- National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology - www.nchm.nic.in
ConclusionThe Indian Culinary Institute, Tirupati has announced a three year (six semester) B.Sc. program in culinary arts beginning from August, 2016. Information Brochure can be downloaded from the website of the 'Tourism & Hospitality Institute Management System' for detailed authentic information about the program and application process before taking further action regarding submission of online application for admission in the program on the basis of All India Rank (AIR) of the applicants secured in the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE).