IntroductionMany new members join the authentic educational website IndiaStudyChannel daily and as envisaged in its motto - 'Learn to Earn, Earn to Learn', wish to learn as well earn. Soon they realize that writing articles for ISC is one of the better options to achieve the desired goal of learning as well earning. New authors also wish to get approval of their hosted google AdSense account for which also having ten approved articles is one of five out of six specified criteria. However, generally it is seen that the new authors have to struggle a lot prior to become a successful article writer. In this article simple tips are shared for the benefit of the new authors as to how to become a successful article writer and earn revenue thereby.
- Writing articles fetches more revenue compared to posting in other sections.
- Writing articles is as simple as posting a new thread or a response, the only difference being use of HTML tags.
- Start by writing simple articles. Don't aspire for reaching the top in the beginning itself.
- Instead of attempting to write a very lengthy article on any topic in the beginning, it is better to split the matter and write two articles though each complete in itself.
- Learn only 5 basic HTML tags described below, to begin with.
- Revise the article as many times as required to weed out all language errors like spellings and grammar.
- Use simple though correct language without being verbose.
- Study the Content Posting Guidelines of ISC thoroughly and strictly comply with all the requirements.
- There are many more things to be learnt later, but attempting all at a time in the beginning itself is likely to create confusion and frustration.
Selection of topics
- Begin by writing on topics covering 'college/university admissions', 'competitive entrance examinations' and such other simple topics on which published contents become easily available on various resources as a primary source of requisite information. Such topics are generally sought after also by many students.
- Selecting sophisticated topics without having adequate knowledge about the same is likely to prove a frustrating experience.
- Keep an eye for notifications issued on websites and published in the news papers. Making the same as the trigger point
- Try to complete the article at the earliest, before any other author submits article on the same topic before you.
- On noticing the advertisement published in the news paper, visit the concerned website and other related websites, study the same thoroughly and compose an article in you words totally avoiding any copying and pasting activity.
- It is clarified at the very beginning that the following account is a non-technical description of the HTML tags exclusively meant for the new authors to learn as to how to insert the HTML tags essential for developing an article.
- Use of any technical jargon has been studiously avoided. Therefore the terminology used in description below may not exactly be the same as the standard technical terminology.
- HTML tags have two ends- the opening ends and the closing ends. Such tags are made by use of symbols known as angle brackets e.g. the opening ends as <> and the closing ends by symbol < / >, the symbol of stroke '/' denoting closing of the tag. In either case there is no space in between, but instead a code is put in between to get the desired results.
- Under the next heading a brief description of five basic HTML tags are given. However, it may be noted the tags are explained in descriptive manner as quoting the tags as it is will make the tags active on posting this article and the contents will appear accordingly.
Five basic HTML tags
- Heading tags - The code h2 is put between angle brackets in the opening tag, replacing the space between the brackets and the same code h2 is put after the symbol '/' in the closing tag replacing the spaces in between.
- Ordered list tags - The code 'ol' denotes 'ordered list' and the code 'li' denotes 'list'. First the contents will have to be put under 'li' tags i.e. in both the opening and closing tags, the letters 'li' will have to replace the spaces between the angle brackets. In case there are five sentences intended to be displayed serial number wise, then each of the five sentences will have to preceded and succeeded by opening and closing 'li' tags. After that, at the beginning and end of the total content comprising of all the five sentences, 'ol' tag will have to be put. Such tags will be made by putting the letters 'ol' between the angle brackets of opening and closing tags.
- Unordered list tags - The code 'ul' denotes 'unordered list' and the code 'li' denotes 'list'. First the contents will have to be put under 'li' tags i.e. in both the opening and closing tags, the letters 'li' will have to replace the spaces between the angle brackets. In case there are five sentences intended to be displayed bulleted, (without serial numbers ) then each of the five sentences will have to preceded and succeeded by opening and closing 'li' tags. After that, at the beginning and end of the total content comprising of all the five sentences, 'ul' tag will have to be put. Such tags will be made by putting the letters 'ul' between the angle brackets of opening and closing tags.
- Bold tag - The code 'b' denotes bold. This is very simple and can be achieved by putting the code 'b' between angle brackets in both the opening and closing tags at the either end of the content to be shown in bold letters. However in total article only maximum 4 to 5 words should be shown in bold letters to highlight the content in case absolutely necessary.
- Underline tag - The code 'u' denotes underline. This is very simple and can be achieved by putting the code 'u' between angle brackets in both the opening and closing tags at the either end of the content to be shown as underlined. However in total article only maximum 4 to 5 words/phrases should be underlined to highlight the content in case absolutely necessary.
Write your first article today You can write your first article today itself. Simply follow the following steps -
- Locate any important notification published in news papers regarding admissions, jobs etc. Thoroughly study the same.
- Visit the concerned websites and find out more information about the organization and information related to the advertised jobs etc.
- Locate similar articles in the ISC resources and study 4 - 5 articles of reputed authors. The articles bearing more points means articles of superior quality.
- Now develop your own article in your language without copying and pasting contents from any of the above resources though covering all the important and relevant points.
- Read, revise and review your articles repeatedly and self-edit the same by deleting contents which are appearing repeatedly in the article.
- Adhere to the word limits. Never attempt to write lengthy articles in the learning phase.
- Wait patiently for the outcome of results of review by the editors. Don't raise a thread/query in the forum section about delay in the approval.
- It is quite likely that on review, some suggestions will be offered by the editors for corrections/value additions in the same. Scrupulously follow the same and re-submit the article after incorporating necessary correction.
- Again wait patiently for review by the editors and outcome of the review.
ConclusionWriting articles by the first time authors is very easy. It is not much different from writing simple contents for posting as a thread or posting as a response in the forum section. Only five basic HTML tag are required to be learnt which is very easy as explained in this article. The author can practice inserting HTML threads by developing articles for publication in ISC resources. All the best to all first timer article authors.