How to submit application for NEET-II for admission to MBBS/BDS courses (2016-17)
Do you intend to appear in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test-II (UG) or NEET-II for admission to MBBS/BDS courses (2016-17) notified by CBSE? What is the application procedure and what is the last date of submission of application? Read this article to know answer of these and such other related questions.
IntroductionThe Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Delhi has notified that the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test-II (UG) or NEET-II for admission to MBBS/BDS courses (2016-17) will be conducted on 24.07.2016. Earlier the AIPMT-2016/NEET- I was conducted on 1 st May, 2016. Online applications have been invited by CBSE for the said examination in pursuance of the directives of Hon'ble Supreme Court of India and the ordinances promulgated by the Central Government on 24.5.2016.
ApplicabilityThe National Eligibility cum Entrance Test-II (UG) or NEET-II is applicable for admissions to the following -
- All India Quota seats.
- State Government Quota seats where the state Governments have opted so.
- Private/management/NRI Quota seats in all private medical/dental colleges or any private/deemed university.
- The candidate must have passed the qualifying examination with the subjects physics, chemistry, biology/bio-technology and English.
- The candidate must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in physics, chemistry and biology/biotechnology at the qualifying examination.
- In case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward classes, the minimum qualifying marks will be 40%.
- The information bulletin can be referred for relaxation applicable in case of physically handicapped candidates.
- For 15% All India Quota seats -
- The candidate should have completed 17 years of age.
- The upper age limit under 15% All India Quota seats is 25 years as on 31 st December of the year of the entrance examination i.e. the candidates should have been born between 01.01.1992 to 01.01.2000.
- There is a relaxation of 5 years in age in case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Classes. Such candidates should have been born between 01.01.1987 to 01.01.2000.
- For candidates from Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and J & K -
- Students from the States of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and J & K are Not Eligible for 15% all India quota seats.
- The students claiming eligibility must submit online 'self declaration' which will be verified at the time of counselling.
- However the candidates from the states of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and J & K can appear in NEET – II for admission to private medical/dental colleges or any private/deemed university and Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune subject to the fulfillment of the respective eligibility criteria.
- For seats under the control of states/universities/institutions/AFMC -
- The candidate should have completed 17 years of age i.e. should have born not later than 01.01.2000.
- The upper age limit will be as per the rules and regulations of the participating states/universities/institutions.
- The rules and regulations of by the respective state Governments and the Government of India will apply in case of Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) candidates seeking admission in medical/dental Colleges.
- Under 15% All India Quota -
- OBC candidates (non creamy layer) only in Central Educational Institutions - 27%.
- Physically Handicapped candidates - 3%.
- State medical colleges/universities/institutions/AFMC/private medical colleges for seats other than 15% 'All India Quota' -
- Admission to state quota seats will be subject to reservation policy and eligibility criteria of the state/union territory concerned.
- Reservation of the seats for respective categories will be as per applicable law of the state/union territory concerned.
- Admission in private medical colleges will be in accordance with the policies of the state/union territory concerned.
- Admission to AFMC, Pune will be according to the norms prescribed by the Directorate General of Armed Forces Medical Services, Ministry of Defense, Government of India
- Online submission of application forms - 26.05.2016 to 21.06.2016 (for fee through e-challan).
- Online submission of application forms - 26.05.2016 to 25.06.2016 (for fee through other modes).
- Last date for successful final transaction of fee - 25.06.2016.
- Uploading of admit cards - 08.07.2016 .
- Date of examination, NEET-II - 24.07.2016.
- Display of OMR sheet - 04.08.2016 to 06.08.2016.
- Display of answer key - 07.08.2016 to 09.08.2016
- Declaration of result to be announced later.
- In case of last three items mentioned above the candidates may remain in touch with the website - http://aipmt.nic.in.
Time schedule of NEET-II
- Entry in the examination hall - 07.30 AM to 09.30 AM.
- Checking of admit cards by the invigilator - 09.30 AM to 09.45 AM.
- Distribution of test booklet - 09.45 AM.
- Seal of the test booklet to be broken/opened to take out the answer sheet - 09.55 AM.
- Latest entry in the examination hall - 09.30 AM
- Test commences - 10.00 AM.
- Test concludes - 01.00 PM.
Pattern of NEET-II
- The duration of test would be 03 hours.
- There will be one paper containing 180 objective type questions from physics, chemistry and biology (botany & zoology).
- There will be four options with single correct answer in respect of each question.
- The questions will have to be answered on the specially designed machine-gradable sheet using ball point pen which will be provided by the CBSE at the center at the time of examination.
- Candidates can opt for question paper either in English or in Hindi languages.
- Option of language selected will have to be filled in the online application form which cannot be changed subsequently.
- The candidates will be provided question paper in their opted language only at the time of examination.
- Syllabus for the test in given in Appendix – I of the information bulletin.
- The candidates should download information bulletin from the website - www.aipmt.nic.in..
- Application for NEET-II can be submitted online only.
- Detailed instructions for online submission of application are made available in the information bulletin as well on the website mentioned above.
- Online application has to be submitted on the website - www.aipmt.nic.in..
- Candidates should study the instructions thoroughly and adhere to the same scrupulously.
- The following documents should be retained by the candidates for reference and correspondence in future -
- Confirmation page of online application - at least three print outs.
- Passport size photograph which was scanned and uploaded on the online application, at least five identical copies.
- Postcard size photograph which was scanned and uploaded on the online application, at least two identical copies.
- Copy of the system generated 'Self Declaration' in respect of candidates from Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and J&K who have opted for seats under 15% All India Quota.
- Only valid and active mobile numbers and email ID of the candidates or their parents should be filled in the online application form as future communications is made by CBSE through SMS or email on given mobile number and email ID only.
- The application fee can be paid through one of he following modes -
- By credit card/debit card.
- Through e-wallet at common services centers.
- Through e-challan by depositing fee in CBSE Account at branches of Syndicate Bank, State Bank of India, ICICI Bank or HDFC Bank.
- Fee sent through any other mode like Indian Postal Order, Demand Draft, Pay Order, Cheque, Cash etc. will not be accepted and such applications will stand rejected.
- In case of failure in successful completion of step-3 of the online application, the final submission of the online application will remain incomplete and unsuccessful.
- Correction pertaining to the photograph, signature and right hand index finger impression only are permissible which will be available in the candidates login account and will be intimated through SMS and email. No other corrections are permissible.
- Indian Nationals and Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) are eligible to appear in NEET-II.
- The conduct of NEET – II examination will be videographed. The candidates are therefore required to keep their head in upright position and face the camera during the videography so that their identity could be clearly established.
- NEET – II will be held on 24.07.2016.
- NEET – II will be an objective type test and will be held in single stage.
- The candidates should submit only one application.
- Allotment of center is made by computer and under no circumstances the allotted center can be changed.
- Admit cards can be downloaded from website www.aipmt.nic.in.
- The result, marks-cum-rank sheet, rank letter etc. can also be downloaded from the website www.aipmt.nic.in
- The candidates should remain in regular touch with the website www.aipmt.nic.in for any new announcement and should check their email and SMS regularly..
- The candidates should bring admit card, passport size photograph and postcard size photograph affixed on the proforma on the day of examination.
- All rough work should be done on the test booklet only. However no rough work should be dome or any stray mark should be put on the machine gradable answer sheet.
- Only black/blue pen should be used which will be provided at the center for writing of particulars on the test booklet and responses on the answer sheet.
Common Service Centers (CSCs) The candidates from rural areas can avail services and support of the Common Services Centers spread across the country in online submission of application form and payment of fee through e-wallet. There are more than 1.5 lakh such Common Services Centers and a list of the same is made available on website - http://www.csc.gov.in. Service charges at prescribed rates are payable for availing various services at CSCs.
Contact detailsAll correspondence regarding the examination should be made at the following address -
The Deputy Secretary (Exam),
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test Unit,
Central Board of Secondary Education,
2, Community Center,
Delhi - 110 092
Phone: 011-22509256 to 59, 22019683, 22521081
ConclusionThe application procedure of the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test-II (UG) or NEET-II for admission to MBBS/BDS courses (2016-17) is very systematic and totally transparent. The candidate should download information bulletin from the website - www.aipmt.nic.in., study the same thoroughly and adhere to the detailed instructions given in the same scrupulously. The information shared in this article is only illustrative in nature.