How to submit application for Japanese Government scholarships for 'college of technology students'
Do you know about the Government of Japan (MEXT) scholarships offered to Indian 'college of technology students' for courses leading to Associate Degree (Diploma) in Japan? What is the last date of submission and the application procedure? Read this article to know answer of these and such other related questions.
IntroductionThe Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) of the Government of Japan offers scholarships to Indian 'college of technology students' for pursuing undergraduate level courses leading to Associate Degree (Diploma) in Japan in the specified fields of study. Such scholarships are offered for a period of four years including one year of Japanese language training period. The age of the candidate should be between 17 to 21 years and they should have completed 11 years of regular school education starting from elementary level. The applicants must be willing to learn Japanese language and receive college of technology education in Japanese.
Fields of study
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
- Information, Communication and Network Engineering.
- Materials Engineering.
- Civil Engineering.
- Maritime Engineering.
- Other Fields.
QualificationThe students should have completed 11 years of regular school education starting from elementary level i.e. should have academic ability equal to that of a high school graduate of Japan. Applicants who are likely to complete above qualifications by March 2017 are also eligible.
AgeThe age of the candidate should be between 17 to 21 years i.e. candidate should have been born between 02.04.1995 and 01.04.2000.
- The scholarship period will be four years i.e. from April, 2017 to March, 2021 including one year of Japanese language training period. However in case of maritime engineering students, the scholarship period will be four and a half years i.e. up to September 2021.
- 117,000 yen per month i.e. approximately Rs.71,000 per month.
- Economy class round trip airfare.
- Tuition and other fees will be paid by the Japanese Government.
- Application deadline -17.06.2016.
- The applicants must be Indian nationals.
- Number of scholarships - about 3, depending on candidates written test scores.
- Level of studies is undergraduate level leading to Associate Degree (Diploma).
- Applicants must be willing to learn Japanese language and receive college of technology education in Japanese. The students should also be willing to deepen their understanding of Japan after arriving in Japan.
- Applicants should not have any mental or physical disabilities so as to affect their studies at Japanese schools.
- The applicants must acquire college student visa before entering Japan.
- The scholarship recipients will have to attend an intensive preparatory course of one year duration in the Japanese language and other subjects necessary for preparation before proceeding to university.
- All classes will be given in the Japanese language.
- The students are required to enroll in National Health Insurance upon arrival in Japan.
Application procedureThe applicants should submit following documents to the Japanese diplomatic missions on or before the application deadline i. e. 17.06.2016.
- Application in prescribed form (1 original + 1 copy).
- Academic transcripts in respect of past three years (1 original + 1 copy).
- Graduation certificate of the last school attended (1 original + 1 copy).
- Recommendation of the principal/adviser of the last school attended (1 original + 1 copy).
- Medical certificate (1 original + 1 copy).
- In case the applicant is recently enrolled in an university, then certificate of enrollment (1 original + 1 copy).
- Notes -
- The documents mentioned above should be numbered as 1 to 6 on the right upper corner.
- Photographs of size 4.5×3.5 cm should have been taken within the past six months covering upper body, full face in uncapped condition. The name and nationality of the applicant should be written on the reverse of the photograph and pasted on the Application Form and Placement Preference Form.
- The copies of the graduation certificate and the degree certificate should be attested by an authorized person of the university concerned.
Where to submit applicationsThe applications duly completed in all respects should be submitted at the respective office of the Consulate General of Japan depending upon their respective territorial jurisdictional areas as per following details -
- West Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand and Orissa states -
Consulate General of Japan in Kolkata
55, M.N. Sen Lane, Tollygunge
Phone - 033-24211970.
- Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana states -
Consulate General of Japan in Chennai
No 12/1 Cenetoph Road, 1st Street,Teynampet
- Maharashtra, Gujarat, Goa, Daman & Diu, Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Chhatisgarh and Madhya Pradesh states -
Consulate General of Japan in Mumbai
No.1 M.L Dhanukar Marg, Cumballa Hill
- Karnataka state -
Consulate of Japan in Bengaluru
1st Floor, Prestige Nebula
No.8-14, Cubbon Road
Phone- 080-40649999, 41660111 to 3.
- The remaining states and union territories of India -
Japan Information Centre (JIC), New Delhi
Embassy of Japan, 50-G, Shantipath, Chanakyapuri,
Phone- 01124122970 to 2, 46104810.
Contact detailsFurther clarification/information can be obtained from -
Mr. S. Sinha,
Phone - 011-46104865 (direct)
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Japan Information Centre (JIC),
Embassy of Japan,
50-G, Shantipath, Chanakyapuri,
New Delhi - 110021.
PBX - 011-24122970 to 2, 46104810
Fax - 011-2410 6976.
ConclusionApplication guidelines about Japanese Government MEXT scholarships for 2017 'college of technology students' is made available on the website of the Embassy of Japan in India - http://www.in.emb-japan.go.jp/. The eligible students may visit the said website and thoroughly study the application guidelines prior to taking further necessary action. The contact details of the office of the Consulate General of Japan in India where applications are to be submitted are also given in this article. The applicants are requested to scrupulously adhere to the applications guidelines. This article is meant for sharing information regarding the notification about the scholarship and is purely illustrative in nature.