How to get admission into 'Indian Institute science' with inter qualification
Do you want to study science in one of the most prestigious college after you Inter education? If you are searching for the steps, process and scholarship availability, the below article best suits you. You can also find various branches and list of websites.
Introduction HRD (Human Resource Development) has established Indian institute of Science education and Research (IISER) with a aiming to deliver the high level of quality in the field of science, education, research and training. All campuses offered a basic course: BS-MS dual program. Inter passed students with good percentage can apply for this course. It is one more good option for +2 candidates.
PrefaceInnovative practice is a matter of course. In addition to learning in the classroom, student will have the opportunity to research, inter-disciplinary interaction. First two years taught on basic sciences. Next two years, students learn science subjects which have chosen. Research will be the last year of the project. Students who have completed the course from R & D institutions they can work in science-based industries.
It has branches in various states and they are established in
Students who have passed Inter, they can be placed this course in three different ways. Here are the ways to get access:
- Kishore vaijnanik promotion Yojana (KVPY) – This is introduced in this year. The students who attend through this fellowship way will give first priority
- IIT (JEE - Advanced)
- State and Central Boards (SCB) – the candidates who passed Inter in 2015 and 2016 are eligible. 95.4 is minimum cut-off mark. Relaxation will be according to the provisions of sections reserved. However, the candidates will have to write the aptitude test
Only one application is enough for all organizations. There are 1125 seats available in the seven institutions. Up to half of the seats filled with students who come through the KVPY and JEE Advanced channels. The third way is to write aptitude test of the candidates who have applied.
Aptitude test detailsHere you can find the details regarding aptitude test
- July 3rd, this aptitude exam will carry out in different centers
- The results will be announced on July 10
- Aptitude Test consists of questions from Biology, chemistry, Mathematics and Physics
- All groups of candidates have to answer questions all questions
- Each section consists of 15 questions and a sum total of 60 Multiple Choice questions will be asked in the examination
- Duration : 3 hours
- For right answers – 3 marks
- For wrong answer – 1 mark penalty for each wrong answer
- There will be no cutting left unknown
- Application fee – Rs 1,500/-
- For SC, ST candidates Rs 750
- For KVPY candidates, Scholarship will be for a certain period
For the rest of candidates a limited number of inspire scholarships are granted. They will pay Rs 5,000 per month. This scholarship is awarded to those who have reached through the first two ways. Students must be admitted to these courses should be reside in the campus.
Who can apply?This is possible through three ways:
- Students who are nominated for KVPY
- JEE - Advanced obtaining the rank of less than ten thousand
- State and Central Boards (SCB) who brought the percentage specified in the IISCER. However, the candidates should take the written aptitude test that the company operates
Last date for application
If you want to know all details about important dates, scroll down the page.
- KVPY fellowship candidates: June 12th, 2016
- JEE Advanced candidates: June 20th, 2016
- SCB candidates coming through channel: June 22nd, 2016
Contact InformationThe aspiring candidate can also directly contact from the below address.
- The Chairperson, Joint Admissions Committee 2016
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Kolkata,
- Mohanpur - 741 246
- Phone: +91 33 66340077
- Email - ask-jac [AT] iiserkol.ac.in
List of websites for admissions The below details will provide you the official website information in various institutions and you can also find admission details too.
- Admissions / Berhampur: www.iiseradmission.in
- Bhopal: https://www.iiserb.ac.in
- Kolkata: http://www.iiserkol.ac.in
- Mohali: http://www.iisermohali.ac.in
- Pune: http://www.iiserpune.ac.in/
- Thiruvananthapuram: http://www.iisertvm.ac.in/
- Tirupati: http://www.iisertirupati.ac.in/