IntroductionThe Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology (DA-IICT) is a university established under an Act of Gujarat State Legislature (Act No.6 of 2003). It is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC), Government of India. DA-IICT is a member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) and does not receive any aid or other financial assistance from the Central or State Government. The undergraduate admission for the year 2016 in B.Tech. programs of DA-IICT have been announced and the submission of online application is closing on 30.06.2016.
- Online application process begins on - 11.04.2016.
- Online application process closes on - 30.06.2016.
- First merit list* - 07.07.2016.
- Last date of fees payment for shortlisted candidates - to be announced.
- Registration and document verification - to be announced.
- Orientation - to be announced.
- Classes begin - to be announced.
- *Subject to change depending on declaration of All India Rank (AIR) of JEE (Main) 2016.
To complete the B.Tech. (Honours in ICT with minor in Computational Science), the students have to take additional 18-24 credits worth of courses. Also the student must obtain a minimum CPI of 6.5 after completion of third Semester to continue in the program.
- B.Tech. (Information and Communication Technology) (ICT) - 240 seats.
- B.Tech. (Honours in ICT with minor in Computational Science) - 60 seats.
- The candidates should have passed 10+2 (Class XII) or its equivalent examination with mathematics, physics and any one of subjects among chemistry/biotechnology/computer science/biology .
- The candidates should have appeared in JEE (Main), 2016 examination as the admission will be based on the All India Rank of the JEE (Main), 2016 examination.
- The candidates should have born on or after 01.10.1991.
- Fifty percent seats are reserved for the candidates who have passed their qualifying examination from a school located within the state of Gujarat. Suchseats will be filled through the Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC), Gujarat.
- The remaining fifty percent seatd will be filled by the DA-IICT directly
- The all India category candidates belonging to SC and ST caterories will be admitted on relaxed criteria compared to the general category candidates.
- Admission for Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) and Foreign Nationals (FN) is done through a separate channel called 'Direct Admission of Foreign and NRI Students (DAFS)'. The Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) are treated as Foreign Nationals for the pupose of admission under this category. The number of seats under this category are - B.Tech. (ICT) - 24 and B.Tech. (Honors in ICT with minor in CS) - 6. Further details about admission under DAFS progran can be seen at the page http://admissions.daiict.ac.in/pages/btech_international.html
- Visit the page http://ugadmissions.daiict.ac.in/.
- Read all instructions carefully.
- Keep following ready to fill the application form -
- Soft copy of passport size photograph ( size not more than 50 KB).
- Credit / Debit Card / Net Banking / Paytm Wallet details for payment of application fee.
- Postal address with PIN code details and contact details like telephone / mobile numbers etc.
An application fee Rs. 1200, which is non-refundable is required to be paid online by the candidates while filling the application form on prompting for the same using Credit / Debit Card / Net Banking / Paytm Wallet details.After submission of the online application, the candidates are not required to send the hardcopy.The candidates have to satisfy themselves that they fullfill the eligibility criteria before filling the application for.Since admission is done on the basis of All India Rank of the JEE (Main), 2016 examination, the candidates must have appeared in JEE (Main), 2016 examination.The candidates will be short listed on the basis of their All India Rank of the JEE (Main), 2016 examination and offer of admission (confirmed/waitlisted) will be made in order of merit and the candidates will be intimated through email. The status can be checked online also on the admission portal.Counselling will be done online.The candidates who will accept the offer of admission will be required to appear for registration, document verification and payment of fees.An orientation session for candidates having confirmed admission will be conducted subsequently.
- JEE (Main), 2016 roll number.
- Tuition fee - Rs.67,000 per semester.
- Registration fee - Rs.2,500 per semester.
- Caution deposit - Rs.15,000 which is refundable at the end of the program.
- Hostel rent - Rs.12,000 per semester. Staying in the hostel is compulsory.
- Food - Approximately Rs.3,000 per month.
- An amount of Rs.82,000 i.e. Rs.67,000 towards tuition fee for the first semester and Rs.15,000 towards caution deposit is required to be paid by the candidates at the time of counselling.
- A few admitted students are offered DA-IICT Scholarships which is equivalent to full tuition fees. A list of students eligible for merit scholarship based on their admission ranks is drawn from Gujarat and All India Categories separately. In addition, five merit-cum-means scholarships are offered to the students with highest ranks subject to a means test.
- As part of its Corporate Social Responsibilities (CSR), Reliance offers ten merit-cum-means Reliance Scholarships which is equal to the full tuition fee for the scholarship duration.
- The admitted B.Tech students whose parents yearly income is up to Rs.4.5 lakh, can apply for the 'Chief Minister Scholarship Scheme' of the Government of Gujarat.
PlacementsAll qualified and interested graduates get placements in the industry. The rest of the students choose to pursue higher education in the best of universities in India and abroad.
Contact detailsUG Admissions,
Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology,
Near Indroda Circle,
Gandhinagar – 382007,
Phone - 079-30510574/575/576
Email - email@example.com
ConclusionThe admission to the undergraduate programs of DA-IICT are offered on the basis of All India Rank of the JEE (Main), 2016 examination. The candidates who have already appeared in the JEE (Main), 2016 examination and are interested in pursuing B.Tech. (ICT) / B.Tech. (ICT with minor in CS) offered by the DA-IICT may visit the the page http://ugadmissions.daiict.ac.in/ and read the applications instructions thoroughly and carefully before beginning application procedure after satisfying themselves that all the eligibility criteria is fulfilled. Prior to that the aspirants may visit the website of the Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology (DA-IICT) - http://www.daiict.ac.in/ to know more about the institute.