How to submit online applications for IGNOU programs for July, 2016 session
Do you wish to pursue degrees, diplomas and certificates programs offered by IGNOU? What is the last date of submission of applications and what is the online application submission procedure? Read this article to know answers of these and such other related questions.
IntroductionThe Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) is a national open university established by an Act of Parliament in 1985 (Act No. 50 of 1985). The degrees, diplomas and certificates issued by IGNOU are at par with the degrees, diplomas and certificates of all Indian universities or deemed universities/institutions. Currently IGNOU offers total 227 academic programs through its 67 Regional Centers and 2981 Learner Support Centers spread across the country. The Admission Forms can be submitted online through Online Admission System in respect of 142 academic programs offered through Common Prospectus except merit based and entrance test based programs.
- Last date for certificate programs - 15.06.2016.
- Last date for certificate programs with late fee Rs. 300 - 30.06.2016.
- Last date for all other programs - 17.08.2016.
- Last date for all other programs with late fee Rs. 300 - 31.08.2016.
Process of online submission of admission form
- Visit the page - https://onlineadmission.ignou.ac.in/admission.
- Create 'User Name' and 'Password' by completing registration process.
- The 'User Name' and 'Password' is received though email and SMS.
- Login again in the system using received 'User Name' and 'Password'.
- Fill 'Admission Form' online.
- Upload scanned image of recent photograph in JPG format (maximum size 100KB )
- Upload scanned image of specimen signature in JPG format (maximum size 100KB )
- Upload scanned image of necessary documents like age proof, relevant educational qualification certificate, experience certificate, category certificate, if SC/ST/OBC and BPL certificate, if below poverty line etc. in JPG/PDF format (each document maximum size 400 KB )
- Read the declaration carefully and after being satisfied check the 'declaration' box.
- Carefully review the data and on being satisfied, confirm the same.
- Make payment of application fee online using the Credit/Debit card/Net Banking/ATM Card (PNB).
- On successful completion of payment, confirmation is received though email and SMS.
- See the form preview by clicking 'Next' button.
- Take print out/save filled in registration form for future use/reference.
- Further information regarding confirmation of admission, allotment of study center and other details for induction etc. are sent in due course after scrutiny, verification and acceptance by the Regional Center concerned.
Credit systemIGNOU follows credit system for all programs. Each credit is equivalent to 30 hours of study. Study comprises learning activities like reading and comprehending the printed material, watching video, listening to audio, attending counseling sessions, teleconference and writing assignment responses. Thus a 4 credit course involves total 120 hours of study. Completion of an academic program like a degree, diploma or certificate course requires the student to complete all assignments, practicals, project work and examination at the end of term in respect of each course of the program.
Examination feeTerm End Examination (TEE) is conducted twice in a year in the months of June and December. The students are required to submit the Examination Form for taking examination in any course. An examination fee @ Rs. 120/per course is required to be paid by the students. The examination fee can be paid through a bank Demand Draft drawn in favor of IGNOU payable at city under which the examination center falls. Correct enrollment number, program code and name must be written on the back of the Demand Draft. Examination form must be submitted only at the concerned Regional Center under which the examination center falls. The examination form can be submitted online also and examination fee can also be paid online through credit/debit card of any nationalized bank. Late fee as described below is applicable in case of late submission of Examination Form -
- June TEE - Nil (between 1st March to 31st March ), Rs. 500 (between 1st April to 30th April ), Rs. 1,000 (between 1st May to 15th May ).
- December TEE - Nil (between 1st September to 30th September), Rs. 500 (between 1st October to 31st October ), Rs. 1,000 (between 1st November to 15th November).
- The Common Prospectus 2016-2017 should be downloaded and read carefully before proceeding ahead with the application process.
- The 'General Instructions' should also be read carefully before beginning to fill the Application Form.
- IGNOU provides reservation of seats for admission to its various programs for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, OBC (non creamy layer), War Widows, Kashmiri Migrants and Physically Handicapped candidates as per the Government of India rules.
- Fee once paid is neither refundable, nor adjustable against any other program.
- Library and multimedia facility (recorded audio/ video lectures, etc.) at the Regional Center/ Study Center can be used by the students residing in the same city.
- Students enrolled in any program of one year or longer duration can also simultaneously register themselves for any certificate programs of 6 months duration. However simultaneously pursuing two academic programs of one year or longer duration is not permitted.
- Students belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Physically Handicapped categories are eligible for reimbursement of fee from the respective state governments.
- The students can continue their studies uninterrupted even after moving to a new city as the IGNOU has a national network of Regional Centers and Study Centers. However in such cases a request to change Regional Center/Study Center Code and update the new address has to be made.
- A 'minimum' and 'maximum' duration for successfully completing the programs has been prescribed by IGNOU.
- The students with disabilities of 40% or more are given additional 2 years beyond the maximum duration prescribed for all academic programs.
- The eGyanKosh (http://www.egyankosh.ac.in) of IGNOU is one of the world's largest repositories of educational resources in higher education. It is made available for the students, teachers and public at large, free of cost which can be accessed through Login ID and Password created by the user at the initial login.
- Student Service Center,
Phone No. - 011-29533869, 29533870, 29572512, 29572513, 29572514
(for general queries related to the programs and courses, eligibility, duration, admission process, study centers etc. and specific queries related to the courses like B.Com. (F&A), B.Com. (C&A), B.Sc. (Nursing), B.Ed., MBA, M.Ed, PhD etc.)
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone No. - 011-29572513 (between 9.30 AM to 6.00 PM, Monday to Friday).
Email - email@example.com
(for technical queries related to online admission, submission of online applications, online payment, payment error, uploading documents etc.)
ConclusionThe IGNOU has emerged as the largest open university in the world and offers golden opportunity to the individuals to complete course of their choice. The learners may visit the page https://onlineadmission.ignou.ac.in/admission to know about the degrees, diplomas and certificates programs offered by the IGNOU and study the 'Common Prospectus 2016-2017' and 'General Instructions' made available on the same before proceeding ahead for submitting their online admission form.