IntroductionThe Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) has published advertisement number A-2/E-1/2016 dated 29/07/2016 regarding U.P. Judicial Service Civil Judge (Junior Division) Examination-2016. This advertisement has been made available on the website of the UPPSC - http://uppsc.up.nic.in also. The applications are required to be submitted in online mode only. The total number of vacancies are 218. There will be three stages of competitive examination i.e. preliminary examination, main examination and viva-voce (personality test).
- Application process start date - 29.07.2016.
- Last date of deposition of examination fees in the bank - 26.08.2016.
- Last date for submission of application - 31.08.2016.
- Unreserved (General)/Other Backward Class (OBC) candidates - Rs. 125.
- Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe candidates - Rs. 65.
- Physically Handicapped candidates - Rs.25.
- Dependents of the freedom fighters/ex-serviceman/Women - according to the categories mantioned above.
- A bachelor of laws of an university established by law in U.P. or any other university of India recognised for this purpose by the Governor, or
- An advocate enrolled under the provisions of the Advocate Act 1961, or
- A barrister of England or Northern Ireland or a Member Faculty of Advocates in Scotland and is entitled to practice in the Court or Courts subordinate thereto.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of Hindi in Devnagri Script.
- Minimum 22 years and maximum 35 years as on 01.07.2017 (i.e. the candidates must not have born after 01.07.1995 and not before 02.07.1982).
- A relaxation of 5 years in age is admissible in case of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, OBC, Skilled players of U.P. category candidates (i.e. the candidates must not have born before 02.07.1977).
- A relaxation of 5 years in age is admissible for Ex-serviceman/Emergency Commissioned Officers/Short Service Commissioned Officers/Commissioned Officers of U.P. who have rendered at least 5 years service in Army, but there shall be no reservation
- No relaxation in age will be admissible to Dependent of Freedom Fighter (DFF) category candidates.
- A relaxation of 15 years is admissible for the Physically Handicapped candidates (i.e. the candidates must not have born before 02.07.1967).
- The total number vacancies are 218. These posts are temporary but are likely to be continued.
- The candidates may refer to the adversitement for full details about vertical reservations and horizontal reservation.
- The Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Class and Dependents of Freedom Fighters and women candidates who are not the permanent resident of U.P. shall not be given the benefit of reservation. Such candidates shall be treated as the candidates of the General Category.
- In case of women candidates, the caste certificate/domicile certificate issued from Father side only be treated valid.
- The scale of pay is - 27700-770-35090-920-40450-1080-44770.
- The U.P. Public Service Commission will conduct a Preliminary Examination at Allahabad, Agra, Meerut and Lucknow for selecting suitable candidates for admission to the U.P. Judicial Service Civil Judge (Junior Division) Main (Written) Examination, 2016.
- The final selection will be made on the basis of total marks obtained by the candidates in Main (written) examination and Interview.
- The candidates claiming reservation/age relaxation in more than one categories will be allowed only one concession whichever is more beneficial to them.
- All original certificates shall be verified at the time of interview.
- The candidates working in Central or State Govt. will have to produce 'no objection certificate' from their Employer.
- In every correspondence with the Commission, the name of Examination, Advertisement Number, Registration Number, Name of Candidate, Date of Birth and Roll Number (if communicated) should be mentioned.
- The candidates for the main examination will be declared successful in the ratio of 1:10 and for the interview in the ratio of 1:3.
- The date of birth of the candidates as entered in High School Certificate shall be admissible.
- Date, time and venue etc. of examination along with Roll No. will be communicated to the candidates through e-Admit Cards.
- The candidates have to provide their mobile number at the time of registering in the Online Application System on which all relevant information/instructions will be sent through SMS.
- Maximum four number of chances are permitted to be availed by the candidates.
How to submit application
- Visit - http://uppsc.up.nic.in
- Click on All Notfications/Advertisements on the top of the left side pane.
- The online advertisement will get automatically displayed, and following thre links will appear-
- Instructions for filling online application form can be seen by clicking on 'User Instructions'.
- Full advertisement can be seen by clicking on 'View Advertisement'.
- Online application submission process can be started by clicking on 'Apply'.
- Online application has to be completed in three stages as follows-
- First stage - 'Candidate Registration'
- Second stage - 'Fee to be deposited'
- Third stage - 'Proceed for final submission of application form (Part-2)'
- The application fee can be paid by clicking on the 'Click here to proceed for payment' in the second stage, which will take to the home page of State Bank MOPS (Multi Option Payment System). Fee can be paid through either of the available payment modes i.e. 'net banking', 'cards payment' and 'other payment mode'.
- The candidates are required to upload a scanned image of size 3.5 cm by 6.0 cm consisting of the photograph along with the signature in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .tif, .png format (maximum size - 50 KB). Guidelines for scanning photograph with signature are given in Appendix-1 of the avertisement.
Plan of examination
- There will be following three stages of competitive examination-
- Preliminary Examination (Objective and Multiple Choice Type).
- Main Examination (Written Conventional Type).
- Viva-voce (Personality Test).
- There will be two papers in the Preliminary Examination as follows-
- Paper I - General Knwledge - Time 2 hours, Maximum Marks - 150.
- Paper II - Law- Time 2 hours, Maximum Marks - 300.
- There will be 5 papers in the Preliminary Examination as follows-
- Paper I - General Knowledge - Maximum Marks - 200.
- Paper II - Language - Maximum Marks - 200 ( i. Essay in English - 60 marks, ii. English Precis writing - 60 marks iii. Translation from Hindi to English - 40 marks iv. Translation from English to Hindi - 40 marks).
- Paper III - Law-I (Substantive Law) - Maximum Marks - 200.
- Paper IV - Law-II (Procedure and Evidence) - Maximum Marks - 200.
- Paper V - Law-III (Penal, Revenue and Local Laws) - Maximum Marks - 200.
- Interview - Maximum Marks - 100.
- The candidates will have a choice to answer General Knowledge and Law papers either in Hindi or in English.
- The syllabus of the examination is given in Appendix-4 of the avertisement.
Help DeskThe candidates may contact following (10 AM to 05 PM on all working days) in case of any problem related to the UPPSC online application -
Shri Girish Goyal (S.A.) - 0532-2407215
Shri Ajeet Pandey - 9208551514
UPPSC Email: email@example.com
ConclusionThe candidates who wish to appear in the U.P. Judicial Service Civil Judge (Junior Division) Examination-2016 should visit the website of the Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission and thoroughly study the advertisement and user instructions made available on the same. The application should be submitted online only after satisfying themselves in respect of their meeting eligibility criteria. This article is only illustrative in nature and only the authentic information made available on the website of the Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission should be relied to and all instructins regarding submission of online application should be adhered to scrupulously.