Joint CSIR-UGC Test for Junior Research Fellowship and Eligibility for Lectureship - December 2016
Do you intend to appear in the Joint CSIR-UGC test to be conducted by CSIR used for determining eligibility for award of JRF and for the appointment of lecturers? What is the eligibility criteria and how to submit the application for the Joint CSIR-UGC test? Read this article to know the answer of these and such other related questions.
IntroductionThe Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) has notified vide their advertisement no.10-2(5)/2016(ii) - E.U.II that the Joint CSIR-UGC test will be held tentatively on Sunday 18.12.2016. The test will be used for determining the eligibility of the candidates for the award of Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) NET and for determining eligibility for appointment of Lecturers (NET) in subject areas which fall under the faculty of Science & Technology. However, the final award of Junior Research Fellowship (NET) depends on the candidates finding admission/placement in a university/ national laboratory/ institution of higher learning and research, as the case may be. The candidates may apply either for 'JRF' or for 'Lectureship (LS) only'. Candidates qualifying for JRF (NET), will be eligible for Lectureship (NET) also subject to fulfilling the eligibility criteria laid down by UGC. The validity period of JRF (NET) score to avail the fellowship will be 2 years from the date of fellowship as indicated in NET certificate.
- Start date of online submission of application form - 16.08.2016.
- Last date of submission of online application form - 09.09.2016.
- Last date of submission of fee - 08.09.2016.
- Last date of receipt of duly completed hard copy of online application forms - 16.09.2016.
- Last date of receipt of duly completed hard copy of online application forms (from remote areas) - 23.09.2016.
- Date of Single MCQ Examination - 18.12.2016 (Tentative).
- Declaration of results - March/April, 2017.
- M. Sc or equivalent degree/ Integrated BS-MS/BS-4 years/BE/BTech/BPharma/MBBS with at least 55% marks for general and OBC (Non Creamy Layer) candidates ( 50% for SC, ST, OBC, PWD categories).
- The candidates whose result is awaited can also apply under the Result Awaited (RA) category.
- The eligibility for lectureship of NET qualified candidates will be subject to fulfilling the criteria laid down by UGC.
- Ph.D. degree holders who have passed Master's degree before 19.09.1991, with at least 50% marks are eligible to apply for Lectureship only.
- JRF (NET) - Maximum 28 years as on 01-07-2016.
- The upper age limit may be relaxed up to 5 years in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC(non creamy layer)/ Physically handicapped/Visually handicapped and female applicants.
- LS (NET) - No upper age limit.
- General category - Rs. 1000.
- Other Backward Classes(OBC)-Non Creamy Layer category - Rs. 500.
- SC/ST/Physically Handicapped (PH) or Visually Handicapped (VH ) category - Rs. 250.
- The examination fee can be deposited in any branch of the Indian Bank in cash using the bank challan to be downloaded from the CSIR website.
- The examination fee can be deposited through NEFT from any other Bank branch.
- The journal number or the UTR number given by the Bank should be filled in the payment details while submitting the application form.
How to submit application
- Online application can be submitted through the link http://188.8.131.52:8080/jrf/online/
- The candidates should study the detailed notification available on the website -http://www.csirhrdg.res.in/ and satisfy themselves regarding their eligibility for this test before submitting their application.
- The 'Challan Proforma' should be downloaded and requisite examination fee should be deposited in any of the Indian Bank branches spread all over India before proceeding ahead.
- Before starting the online application process, information /codes in respect of the following should be kept ready -
- Marks obtained in relevant subject of M.Sc. or equivalent examination as per the notified educational eligibility criteria
- Challan details i.e. bank name, branch/city name, branch code, Journal No. challan date etc.
- Before the final submission of the online application form, the entire application should be previewed as no change in the application form is possible after final submission of online application.
- A system generated Application Number is assigned after successful submission of the online application
- The candidates are required to take print out of the Application Form on A4 size paper and complete the application by taking following action -
- Paste a recent black & white photograph.
- Put signature at the required places.
- Attach requisite certificate(s).
- CSIR marked copy of fee deposited Bank Challan is required to be sent alongwith the application.
The application completed as above should be sent to - The Deputy Secretary(Exams), Examination Unit, Human Resource Development Group, CSIR Complex,opposite Institute of Hotel Management, Library Avenue, Pusa, New Delhi-110012 on or before 16-09-2016 (23-09-2016 for remote areas).The envelope used for sending the completed hard copy of online application form must be superscribed at the top as 'Application for Joint CSIR-UGC Test for JRF & LS(NET), December, 2016' and, Subject Code, Online Generated Application Number, Centre code & Medium of Exam Code (1 for Hindi or 2 for English) should also be mentioned at the envelope.The following should be kept by the applicants for their reference and future use -
- Put above in an envelop of recommended size 5"X11".
- Photocopy of sides of the completed Application Form (hard copy).
- Online generated Application Number.
- Challan copy( as a proof of fee deposit).
After filling up the online application form, the same should be submitted after previewing and verifing the data within 30 minutes failing which the session may expire requiring the candidate to fill up the Application Form afresh.
- Three identical copies of the passport size photographs which has been affixed on the Application Form.
- There will be a single paper MCQ based test.
- The test will be conducted in following subjects -
- Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences
- The duration of the examination will be 3 hours.
- The qestion paper will be divided into 3 parts - A, B and C as follows -
- Part 'A' - common to all subjects containing questions related to general aptitude. Emphasis on logical reasoning, graphical analysis, analytical and numerical ability, quantitative comparison,
series formation, puzzles etc. will be laid.
- Part 'B' - subject related conventional Multiple Choice questions (MCQs), covering the topics given in the syllabus.
- Part 'C' - higher value questions for testing the candidate's knowledge of scientific concepts and/or application of the scientific concepts.
- The syllabus & scheme of examination of single MCQ paper is given on the CSIR website - www.csirhrdg.res.in.
- The examination will be conducted in two sessions - Morning Session (09.00 AM to12.00 Noon) and Afternoon Session (02.00 PM to 05.00 PM).
- The OMR Answer Sheet will be distributed 15 minutes before the scheduled time of start of the examination.
- The question paper booklet will be distributed 5 minutes before the scheduled time of the examination.
- Actual number of questions in each part and section may vary from subject to subject.
- The candidates will not be permitted to leave the examination hall before the expiry of 3 hrs. from the star of the examination.
- The Question Booklet for the test will be printed in Hindi & English Version. The candidates opting for Hindi medium in the Application Form will be given bilingual Question Booklet and Candidates opting for English medium will be given Question Booklet printed in English Version only.
- The test will be held at following 27 centers across India - Bangalore, Bhavnagar, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Delhi, Guntur, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Imphal, Jammu, Jamshedpur, Jorhat, Karaikudi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Nagpur, Pilani, Pune, Raipur, Roorkee, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Udaipur and Varanasi.
- The list of registered candidates will be made available tentatively on 15.11.2016. The candidates can check their registration status on website - csirhrdg.res.in tentatively between 15.11.2016 to 22.11.2016.
- The candidates applying from Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Ladakh Division of J&K State, Lahaul and Spiti district of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep are treated as applicants from remote areas and the last date of receipt of their completed application is 23.09.2016.
- A facility to the registered candidates to download their e-Admission Certificates will be provided on the website and no paper Admission Certificate will be sent to the candidates by post.
- Any change in address of correspondence should be promptly brought to the notice of Examination Unit within the prescribed period i.e. by 14.10.2016.
- The result of the successful candidates will be displayed on our website - www.csirhrdg.res.in and no separate intimation letter will be issued.
- The candidates declared successful will be required to submit a copy of their e-Admit Card, matriculation certificate as a proof of age, required degree certificate/mark sheet, proof of enrollment in integrated MS-Ph.D. program.
Contact detailsQueries related to CSIR-UGC NET Examination can be made at -
011-25842707, 25841592, 25846568, 25841701, 25842729, 25841582, 25842493
Extension: 132, 452, 451, 413
Email: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
ConclusionThe candidates should visit the website of the Human Resource Development Group (HRDG) of
Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) - http://www.csirhrdg.res.in/ and study the detailed notification issued in respect of the Joint CSIR-UGC Test for Junior Research Fellowship and Eligibility for Lectureship. Detailed instructions for applying online as well as general instruction are made available on the same which should be studied carefully and adhered to scrupulously. This article is intended for creating awareness about the examination only and information made available in the detailed notification should be relied upon for proceeding ahead.