Bank Jobs-general overview
Bank jobs were one of the most dreamt jobs of general graduates in this country. Reasonable salaries, nil or negligible interference in recruitment by external interest, proper weight age to merit and skill, conducive working atmosphere, reasonable security of job- all these make the bank jobs attractive to young and fresh graduates.
There are ample career development options and opportunities. Vacancies and recruitments occur periodically for large number of posts due to the number of participating banks and common recruitment process.
Common Recruitment Process for Recruitment of Clerks- (CWE-Clerks-VI)
A very good opportunity has been offered for job aspirants now. IBPS, managing the common recruitment process for banks in India has come with notification for common recruitment for large number of posts of clerks in various public sector banks in India.
Number of vacancies
The total number of vacancies notified is The state wise vacancies are
Following banks are participating in the Common recruitment process CWE-Clerks-VI.
When to apply and other important dates to remember
On-line registration including Edit/Modification of Application by candidates 22.08.2016 to 12.09.2016
Payment of Application Fees/Intimation Charges (Online) 22.08.2016 to 12.09.2016
Download of call letters for Pre- Exam Training 25.10.2016 to 07.11.2016
Conduct of Pre-Exam Training 07.11.2016 to 12.11.2016
Download of call letters for Online examination – Preliminary 18.11.2016 onwards
Online Examination – Preliminary 26 & 27.11.2016
04.12.2016 (if required)
Result of Online exam – Preliminary December 2016
Download of Call letter for Online exam – Main December 2016
Online Examination – Main 31.12.2016 & 01.01.2017
Provisional Allotment April 2017
These dates are as of now and tentative and may undergo changes .Hence candidates may keep visiting the website www.ibps.in for updates.
Age (As on 01.08.2016):
Minimum: 20 years Maximum: 28 years
i.e. A candidate must have been born not earlier than 02.08.1988 and not later than 01.08.1996 (both dates inclusive
Age relaxation available as per statutory norms.
Educational Qualification(as on 12.09.2016)
1.A degree(graduation) in any discipline.
2.Computer Literacy: Operating and working knowledge in computer systems is mandatory i.e. candidates should have Certificate/Diploma/Degree in computer operations/Language/ should have studied Computer / Information Technology as one of the subjects in the High School/College/Institute
3.Preferable: candidates should know how to read/ write and speak the Official Language of the State/UT) for which vacancies a candidate wishes to apply
Note: Educational qualifications mentioned should be from a University/ Institution/ Board recognised by Govt. Of India/ approved by Govt. Regulatory Bodies and the result should have been declared on or before 12.09.2016
How to apply
Applicationis only n online mode. Candidates will be able to apply online from 22.08..2016 to 12.09.2016
Before actual filling in online, candidates to keep ready the following .
1. Scan your photograph and signature . Please ensure that both the photograph ( size 4.5cm × 3.5cm) and signature conform to specifications s given in Annexure III of the notification.
2. Ensure to have an active Email id and password.This should be kept active and alive till the process is over as important communications and call letters are sent via Email.
3. Signature should not be in capital letters.
Onine payment from 22.08.2016 to 12.09.2016
Rs 600/- for general category candidates. Rs 100 forSC/ST/PWD candidates.
Procedure for applying online.
Procedure for applying online
(1) Visit the IBPS's website www.ibps.in.
(2) Click on the Home Page to open the link "CWE Clerks"
(3) Click on the option "CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE FOR CWE- Clerks (CWE-Clerks-VI)" to open the On-Line Application Form.
(4) Click on "CLICK HERE FOR NEW REGISTRATION" to register their application by entering required information in the online application form.
(5) After that a provisional registration number and password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the Provisional registration number and password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent. They can reopen the saved data using Provisional registration number and password and edit the particulars, if needed.
(6) Candidates are required to upload their photograph and signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature . For guidelines please see the annexure C in notification.
(7) Note: Use 'Save &Exit' facility before final sumit to verify and confirm details.
a. Preliminary Examination
The preliminary examination is of One hour on three subjects with a total of 100marks as follows:
1. English Language: 30 questions - 30 marks
2. Numerical Ability : 35 questions -35 marks
3. Reasoning ability: 35 questions – 35 marks
Candidates have to qualify in each of the three tests by securing cut-off marks to be decided by IBPS
The main examination id of 135 minutes duration, total of 200 marks from 200 questions sub divided into five tests as below:
1. Reasoning: 40 questions; 50 marks ; 30 minutes
2. English Language: 40 questions; 40 marks; 30 minutes
3. Quantitative aptitude: 40 questions; 50 marks; 30 minutes
4. General awareness(special reference to banking): 40 questions; 40 marks; 25 minutes
5. Computer knowledge: 40 questions; 20 marks; 20 minutes
There are many centres for examination across the country. The details are available in the Annexure B of the notification. The centres for main examination will be limited in comparison to the preliminary examination.
Penalty is awarded for marking wrong answers marked in objective tests For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score.
Pre examination training will be arranged for limited number of candidates belonging to SC,ST, Minority communities etc at selected centres by the participating or nodal banks. Eligible candidates wishing to avail the same should fill the relevant columns in the online application
On completion of the Main Examination, depending on the state/UT wise vacancies to be filled in during the financial year 2017-18 based on the business needs of the Participating Organisations and as reported to IBPS, candidates shortlisted will be provisionally allotted to one of the Participating Organisations, based on merit-cum-preference keeping in view the spirit of Govt. Guidelines on reservation policy, various guidelines issued by Govt. of India/Others from time to time, administrative exigency, etc. Vacancies given in this advertisement are indicative. Provisional allotment shall be done on the basis of final vacancies to be reported by the Participating Organisations.
The article authors wishes all the best to aspiring candidates and augur them for applying well before the last date. This article is only a brief and condensed one for the convenience of preliminary understanding and awareness of the IBPS CWE-Clerks-VI examination. Candidates may read the notification fully and thoroughly , visiting the IBPS website(www.ibps.in). Best Wishes.