IntroductionXavier School of Management (XLRI) is a private business school founded by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits) and is located at Jamshedpur (Jharkhand) in India. It is ranked consistently among the top 5 business schools in the country. Admission to the programs offered by XLRI is through XLRI's entrance test XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test) and GMAT. XLRI conducts XAT on behalf of the Xavier Association of Management Institutes (XAMI). The XAT score is being used by more than 100 institutes for the admission. After applying for XAT, the candidates are required to apply to other member colleges, which use XAT scores for their respective admissions. XAT 2017 will be conducted on Sunday 08.01.2017. A notification regarding the same has been issued and the application process has started on 17.08.2016.
- Application process starts on - 17.08.2016.
- Application process (without late fee) ends on - 30.11.2016.
- Application process (with late fee) ends on - 11.12.2016.
- Downloading of admit card starts on - 20.12.2016.
- Date of examination - 08.01.2017.
- Display of results on website - 31.01.2017.
- A recognized bachelor's degree of minimum three years duration or equivalent in any discipline.
- The candidates in the final year of their degree program who are likely to complete their final examination by 10.06.2017 may also apply.
- All aspiring Indian candidates must apply for XAT 2017 only though the NRI and foreign candidates may apply through GMAT score.
- The candidates from Dubai and Kathmandu have the option to appear in XAT 2017.
- The eligibility criteria for the candidate aspiring to seek admission into the General Management Program offered by the XLRI are required to additionally have at least 5 years of managerial/supervisory experience by March 31.03.2017. Such candidates can apply either through XAT 2017 or GMAT score (taken between December 01, 2014 and December 20, 2016).
- The candidates who are interested only in XAT but not in XLRI - Rs. 1600.
- The candidates who are interested in XLRI programs are required to pay an additional fee of Rs.300 each XLRI program.
- The last date of submission of the application fee without late fee (cost of Form Rs.1600 + Rs. 300 per XLRI course) is 30.11.2016 and after that application can be submitted with late fee (cost of Form Rs. 2000 + Rs. 500 per XLRI course)) up to 11.12.2016.
- The following three modes of payment are provided -
- Online Payment Gateway - through VISA/Master Credit/Debit Cards (American Express Card is inadmissible) and IDBI Net banking for IDBI account holders only.
- Cash Payment - Cash payment at the nearest IDBI bank using 'XAT Pay-In-Slip'.
- Demand Draft - Through a demand draft drawn at any bank in favour of 'XLRI Jamshedpur A/c XAT' payable at Jamshedpur.
- The applicants paying through cash and demand draft modes are required to update the payment details in the registration page.
How to submit application
- Visit - http://www.xatonline.net.in/ and click on Register.
- Using your peronal email ID and choosing a password, create a new account. An unique XAT ID and registration link will be received by the applicant on his/her registered email ID.
- Using the XAT ID and chosen password the candidates can login into the system.
- Open the online application sysyem, fill in name and mobile number, upload photograph and specimen signature, select the test city and save the data.
- Select the citizenship i.e. whether Indian or Foreign or NRI.
- Next step is to decide if the XLRI programs are to be opted for or not. Candidates not interested in any of the XLRI programs can skip this step. However, the candidates interested in XLRI programs can select programs of their choice from the following three -
- Human Resource Management (HRM)
- General Management Programme (GMP)
- Fill correct information carefully in respective fields regarding name, date of birth, gender, father's name, mother's name, category, phone number, mailing address, permanent address, educational qualification starting from Xth onwards and work experience starting from the latest job etc.
- Select mode of payment of fee and pay examination fee.
- Take print of the XAT confirmation page.
- Send the confirmation page and the demand draft to -
The Chairperson Admission, XLRI, Circuit House Area (East), Jamshedpur- 831001, in case the selected mode of payment is through a demand draft.
- Confimation page need not be sent in case the selected mode of payment is other than through a demand draft.
- Since the demand drafts have a limited period of validity of 3 months only, the confirmation page must be sent within 15 days of the issuance of the demand draft.
- The duration of the test will be of three and a half hours i.e. from 10.00 AM to 01.30 PM.
- The format of XAT will be pen-paper based.
- There will be negative marking i.e. one fourth of a mark may be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- There will be following sections in the examination -
- Verbal and Logical Ability
- Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation.
- The marks of General Knowledge will not be used for determining the percentile and cut off at first stage of selection.
- Examination resources i.e. question papers of the previous years i.e. 2012 to 2015 are made available on the website of XAT 2017.
- The XAT 2017 will be conducted at - Agartala, Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Amritsar, Bengaluru, Berhampur, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Coimbatore, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi, Goa, Greater Noida, Gurgaon (Gurugram), Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jammu, Jamshedpur, Kanpur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nasik, Noida, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Ranchi, Rourkela, Sambalpur, Surat, Tiruchirapalli, Trivandrum, Udaipur, Vadodara, Varanasi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam.
- XAT 2017 will be conducted at two international centers at Dubai and Kathmandu also.
- A list of XAT Associate Institutes i.e. Member Institutes and Institutes using XAT Score is made available on the website of XAT 2017.
- Internship and articleship are not counted as work experience.
- There is no cut off based on any of the X, XII, graduation marks. The evaluation of candidates academic competence is based on their performance in interview, group discussion and XAT written test.
- The candidates can ask a question in the blog using XAT-2016 ID and password and after selecting as to whom to address the question i.e. XLRI Students, Admissions Office and Applicants.
- The Chairperson Admission,
XLRI (Xavier School of Management),
XLRI, C. H. Area (East),
Jamshedpur - 831001 (Jharkhand)
Phone Numbers - 0657-6653203/3204/3205
Fax Number - 0657-2227814
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Web site: www.xlri.ac.in / www.xatonline.net.in
- Regarding any query, the candidate can call at toll-free number 1800 300 20677 (Monday to Saturday, 09.00 AM to 08.00 PM)
ConclusionThe candidates should visit the website of XAT 2017 - http://www.xatonline.net.in/ and carefully study the information furnished on the same regarding registration procedure, eligibility, exam structure and important notes etc. The instructions given on the website should be strictly followed regarding the registration/application procedure. Also, the candidates should satisfy themselves about the eligibility criteria before proceeding ahead. All the best to all XAT aspirants.