IntroductionThe Government of Madhya Pradesh has taken a decision to conduct Computer Proficiency & Certification Test (CPCT) in the State to assess computer proficiencies and other allied skills of candidates who wish to apply for jobs viz. Clerical Grade-3/Office Assistant/Data Entry Operators etc., in various Government departments, Corporations, Boards and such other agencies. The Government of Madhya Pradesh, by its order C 3 – 15/ 2014/1/3 dated 26 February 2015 has recognized Computer Proficiency & Certification Test (CPCT) as a mandatory eligibility criteria for such posts. CPCT is a computer based examination system for assessment of skill sets that are required for regular working in various Government jobs. The Madhya Pradesh Agency for Promotion of Information Technology (MAP_IT), an agency under the Department of Information Technology, Government of Madhya Pradesh has been entrusted to conduct the CPCT examination.
Last date of registration The registration is presently open for the test to be conducted on 18.09.2016 and the last date of registration is 31.08.2016. The dates of registration for the subsequent tests will be announced from time to time which can be seen on the CPCT portal.
Test DatesThe CPCT test is conducted every alternate month. The tentative dates of the next tests during the year 2016-17 are as follows -
- September - 18.09.2016.
- November - 20.11.2016.
- January - 15.01.2017.
- March - 19.03.2017.
- Should be a citizen of India.
- Should have completed 18 years of age.
- Should have passed Higher Secondary examination.
- The applicants are required to pay Rs.660 (+ payment gateway charges) as application form fee.
- The following payment options are made available -
- Bill desk - using Net banking / Credit / Debit Cards through multiple gateways available on CPCT Portal.
- MP Online - By Citizen (plus additional charges).
- MP Online - By Kiosk (Payment through cash plus Rs. 40 portal charges)
- After selecting the payment option, 'Payment Gateway charges' can be seen on the website.
How to register
- Visit the website of Computer Proficiency Certification Test of the Government of Madhya Pradesh https://www.cpct.mp.gov.in/
- Click on - 'REGISTER NOW' which will lead to the 'Registration Form' page.
- Fill in the require data like Name of the Applicant, Applicant's Father name, Gender, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, Email ID, Class Xth Roll Number, Class XIIth Roll Number and 'Do you have Aadhar Number' etc., enter the Captcha string and click the submit button.
- The following documents are required to be uploaded for registration -
- Photograph - maximum size - 80 KB, only JPEG, GIF, JPG formats.
- Signature - maximum size - 80 KB, only JPEG, JPG formats.
- Higher secondary mark sheet - maximum size - 150 KB, only PDF or JPG/JPEG files.
- The user credentials i.e. login details of CPCT portal will be sent on registered Email ID and SMS will be sent to registered mobile number.
- After successful registration and payment of application fee, candidate will be allotted an available test date at an available test center as per option given by the candidate.
- The candidate can download the Admit Card/ Hall Ticket from their login ID at CPCT portal using the provided user credentials
- The CPCT assessment will be conducted using Computer Based Test (CBT) methodology.
- The CPCT test covers assessment of the following competencies -
- Basic knowledge of computer operations.
- Familiarity with computer hardware and software.
- Proficiency in general IT skill like Networking, Internet, Email etc.
- Typing skills in English and Hindi languages.
- Reading comprehension skills.
- Mathematical and reasoning skills.
- The examination will have have 75 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) and 15 minute typing test for Hindi and 15 minutes typing test for English language.
- The total duration of examination will be 120 minutes.
- The candidates will take the typing test in first 35 minutes i.e. 30 minutes for typing test and 5 minutes for reading instructions and switch over.
- The candidates will be allowed to leave the examination hall only after completion of the examination. The 'Submit' button will be activated only after the test duration.
- The candidates are required to report at the test centre before 90 mins of test time.
- The candidates are required to carry following two documents at the test center on the date of examination -
- A link to 'Mock CPCT' test has been provided on the website of CPCT.
- A link to the 'Detailed Syllabus for CPCT' has also been provided on the website of the CPCT.
- The CPCT score card will be valid for 2 years from the examination date.
- A Candidate can apply and appear for the CPCT any number of times to improve his/her score/performance after a period of 180 days from the date of immediate prior test taken by that candidate, if any.
- The test results and the final score card will be made available at user account on CPCT portal www.cpct.mp.gov.in.
- The minimum passing score for CPCT is 50%. The minimum passing marks for each module is as follows -
- English Typing - 30 NWPM (Net Words per Minute).
- Hindi Typing - 20 NWPM (Net Words per Minute).
- Candidate should adhere all the other instruction provided on time to time basis available on Portal/Hall Tickets
Test centersAs per the information made available on the website of the CPCT, the examination is currently available in following cities -
Help DeskThe interested persons may contact following for more information - Helpline Number - 0755-6996999 (08.00 AM to 11.00 PM - Monday to Sunday).
ConclusionThe candidates aspiring to appear in CPCT test should visit the website of Computer Proficiency Certification Test - https://www.cpct.mp.gov.in/ and thoroughly study the various sections of the same including the 'Rule Book (New/Modified) English', 'Important instructions for Hindi typing (English) and all other sections. The instructions/guidelines displayed on the same should be strictly adhered to in respect of registration etc.