1,000 ONGC scholarships for meritorious economically backward general and OBC students
Do you know about 1,000 ONGC scholarships for meritorious economically backward general and OBC students? What are the eligibility criteria and the application procedure? Read this article to know answers of these and such other related questions.
IntroductionThe Oil and Natural Gas Commission (ONGC), is a Maharatna company, which is a central public enterprise of the Government of India and is the largest producer of crude oil and natural gas in India. Its CSR activities are in line with the guidelines issued by the Department of Public Enterprises and Ministry of Corporate Affairs of the Government of India. Recently, it has announced 1,000 scholarships each worth Rs. 48,000 per annum for meritorious economically backward general and OBC students. It is noteworthy that 50% of the scholarships are reserved for the girl students.
- Online application process starts on - 01.09.2016.
- Online application process closes on - 10.10.2016
- Last date for receipt of application by post - 31.10.2016
- Publication of final list of the scholarship beneficiaries on ONGC website - by the end of December 2016.
- There will be total 1,000 scholaships each worth Rs. 48,000 per annum.
- 50% of the scholarships are reserved for the girl students.
- Stream wise distribution of the scholarships is as follows -
- Graduate in Engineering (duration 4 years, qualifying examination - 10+2, minimum marks - 60%) - 600.
- MBBS (duration 4 years, qualifying examination - 10+2, minimum marks - 60%) - 100.
- Masters in Geology/Geophysics (duration 2 years, qualifying examination - graduation, minimum marks - 60%) - 200.
- MBA (duration 2 years, qualifying examination - graduation, minimum marks - 60%) - 100.
- The total 1,000 scholarships will be distributed in following 5 zones (200 for each zone) as follows -
- Zone -1 (North- J&K, Delhi, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Harayana, Chandigarh, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh) - 200.
- Zone - 2 (West - Maharashtra, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Goa, Daman & Diu, Dadar & Nagar Haveli) - 200.
- Zone - 3 (North East - Assam, Sikkim, Mizoram, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, Tripura) - 200.
- Zone - 4 (East - Bihar, Jharkhand, Odisha, Chattisgarh, West Bengal) - 200.
- Zone -5 (South - Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Pudducherry, Lakshdweep, Andaman & Nicobar Islands) - 200.
- The students should be an Indian national.
- The students should be studying in India only.
- The student should belong to economically backward general and OBC categories.
- The students should be studying in the first year of Graduate in Engineering or MBBS course or first year of Master's Degree in Geology/Geophysics or MBA corses.
- The scholarship is avaibable only for pursuing full time regular courseswhich are duly recognised by the concerned statutory authorities like UGC/MCI/AICTE etc.
- The students should have obtained minimum 60% marks or equivalent CGPA/OGPA at 10+2 level for Engineering and MBBS disciplines.
- Students pursuing P.G. Courses i.e. Geology/Geophysics/MBA should have obtained minimum 60% marks or equivalent CGPA/OGPA at graduation level.
- In case of CGPA/OGPA, conversion certificate issued by the College/University will have to be provided.
- The gross joint family income of the student should not exceed Rs. 2.00 lakhs per annum from all sources.
- The maximum age limit is 30 years as on 01.09.2016.
- The students should not be availing any other financial assistance/scholarship from any other source.
- Selection of the candidate will be made on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination.
- The students with a lower family income will be selected in case of two students having an equal percentage of marks in the qualifying examination.
- The students from Below Poverty Line (BPL) families will be given preference.
- In case sufficient numbers of students from Below Poverty Line (BPL) families fulfilling the eligibility criteria are not available only then other candidates will be considered for the scholarships.
How to submit application
- The interested eligible candidates should visit the ONGC website - http://www.ongcindia.com/ and submit their online application under CSR section.
- A printout of the duly completed online application form should be taken and got certified from the Head/Principal/ Dean of the Institute/ College/University. The following supporting documents are required to be enclosed compulsorily to the certified application form -
- Mark sheet of qualifying examination.
- ECS mandate form duly certified by Bank authority.
- Cancelled cheque/photocopy of front page of Bank pass book.
- In addition to above the following supporting documents should also be enclosed wherever applicable -
- CGPA to percentage conversion certificate issued by University/College/Institute.
- The application so completed should be sent to the following address -
Post Box No-2091
Chennai- 600 020
Tamil Nadu (INDIA).
- The candidates should write following on the envelops containing application forms - 'ONGC Scholarship Scheme for Economically Backard General and OBC category students'
- For the purpose of scholarships the applicable zone for student will be decided on the basis of the location of School/University/College/Institute in which the student was studying for the qualifying examination irrespective of the domicile of the student.
- PAN card is compulsorily required for release of scholarship amount. In case the students are presently not having their PAN card then they must apply and obtain the same on priority basis.
- The Aadhaar card is also compulsorily required for release of scholarship amount. In case the students are presently not having their Aadhaar card then they must apply and obtain the same on priority basis.
- The scholarship amount will be paid on a yearly basis after completion of the academic year.
- The scholarship amount will be deposited directly in the bank account of the student through ECS facility. Therefore, it is mandatory to fill up the ECS format and get it certified by the Bank authority.
- The awarded scholarship will be continued every year till the completion of the course provided the student is promoted to the next year of his/her course.
- However, the scholarship will be discontinued if the student is not promoted to next year by his/her respective Institute/College/ University.
- The student will have to submit an 'Application for renewal' in the prescribed format by login to the website - www.ongcindia.com.
HelplineThe candidates may contact following in case any clarification is required -
Hindi Support: 07550004136
English Support: 07550004137
(09.30 AM to 05.30 PM - Monday to Friday except Government Holidays)
ConclusionThe meritorious economically backward general and OBC students many visit the website of the Oil and Natural Gas Commission (ONGC) to find the announcement regarding 1,000 scholarships each worth 48,000/- per annum under 'What's New'. The eligible students may study the detailed notification regarding the same for further information and guidance. Applications may be submitted only after ensuring that all the prescribed eligibility criteria is met.