Recruitment through GATE 2017 by ONGC in Engineering and Geosciences disciplines
Are you aware that ONGC has recently announced recruitment through GATE 2017 scores? What is the eligibility criteria, names of the various posts and the applicable scale of pay? Read this article to know the answers of these and such other related questions.
IntroductionThe Oil and Natural Gas Commission (ONGC) is a multinational 'Maharatna' PSU company of India engaged in exploration and production of oil and gas in India and abroad. Recently, ONGC has issued an advertisement regarding recruitment of Graduate Trainees to join the organization as Class -I executives in the engineering and geosciences divisions. The prospective candidates are required to appear in GATE 2017 as its score will be used for shortlisting the candidates. The number of posts for which recruitment has to be made will be posted by the ONGC on its website in/after the month of January 2017 at the time of inviting applications.
- Announcement of GATE 2017 results - 27.03.2017.
- Activation of link for filling up of online applications of ONGE - March/April 2017 (tentative).
Age limit Age limit mentioned below will be reckoned as on 01.01.2017. It may be noted that for drilling/cementing jobs the age limit is lower by 2 years than what fixed for non-drilling/cementing jobs.
- General - 30 years (28 years for drilling/cementing jobs).
- OBC - 33 years (31 years for drilling/cementing jobs).
- SC/ST - 35 years (33 years for drilling/cementing jobs).
- Persons with Disabilities (PWD) - 40 years (Further relaxed by 3 years and 5 years in case of OBC and SC/ST candidates and not applicable for drilling/cementing jobs as such candidates are not eligible for such posts).
- Ex-Servicemen (General, OBC, SC, ST) - 35 years (33 years for drilling/cementing jobs).
- Departmental candidates - Age relaxation to the extent of their service rendered in ONGC.
The number of posts will be posted by the ONGC on its website http://www.ongcindia.com/ at the time of inviting online applications in/after January 2017.
- AEE (Cementing)-Mechanical
- AEE (Cementing)-Petroleum
- AEE (Civil)
- AEE (Drilling)-Mechanical
- AEE (Drilling)-Petroleum
- AEE (Electrical)
- AEE (Electronics)
- AEE (Instrumentation)
- AEE (Mechanical)
- AEE (Production)-Mechanical
- AEE (Production)- Chemical
- AEE (Production) - Petroleum
- AEE (Reservoir)
- Geophysicist (Surface)
- Geophysicist (Wells)
- Materials Management Officer
- Programming Officer
- Transport Officer
Eligibility criteriaThe candidates may refer the advertisement number 6/2016 (R&P) available on the website of the ONGC http://www.ongcindia.com/wps/wcm/reportspdf/common/adveng1509.pdf for
- PWD categories for which posts are identified,
- Minimum essential qualifications and
Scale of payThe recruited Graduate Trainees (GTs) will join the ONGC as class-I executives at E-1 level in the pay scale of 24,900 - 50,500 with an increment @ 3% per year. In addition to the basic pay, the candidates will be eligible for allowances @ 47% of Basic Pay under Cafeteria Approach, Dearness Allowance, HRA/Company Accommodation, Mining Allowance, Contributory Provident Fund, Conveyance Maintenance, Substantial Performance Related Pay (PRP), Medical Facility for self and dependents, Gratuity, Post Retirement Benefit Scheme and Company Social Security scheme as per ONGC rules.
How to apply
- The candidates will have to submit a separate online application to ONGC for which a link will be activated on the website of ONGC in the month of March/April 2017.
- A notification will be issued by the ONGC on its website regarding the exact date and period of online application system going live in due course. The aspirants may, therefore, visit the ONGC website from time to time to get the updates.
- The desirous and eligible candidates having essential qualification are required to apply and appear in the GATE 2017 examination -How to register for GATE 2017
- The GATE 2017 score in the subject mentioned against the posts will be considered for shortlisting the candidates for further selection process of personal interview.
- The candidates who have obtained their qualification through distance learning/part-time mode are also eligible to apply provided their qualification is recognised by the relevant statutory body for employment to the posts and services under the Central Government.
- qualifications mentioned in the table published in the advertisement published by the ONGC are sacrosanct. No equivalent qualifications will be accepted e.g. AMIE (Mechanical), AMIE (Electrical) or AMIE (Civil) will not be accepted as a graduate degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Civil Engineering respectively.
- The students in the final semester of degree course are also eligible to apply through GATE 2017. However, such candidates are required to submit documentary proof of their having completed the qualifying degree with minimum prescribed percentage of marks by 31.07.2017 failing which their candidature will be summarily rejected by the ONGC.
ConclusionThe aspiring candidates may visit the website of ONGC and go through the contents of advertisement regarding 'Recruitment of Graduate Trainees at E-1 level in Engineering & Geo-Sciences posts through GATE-2017 Advt.No.6/2016(R&P)' posted on the same. The candidates may also visit the website of ONGC from time to time to keep themselves abreast with the latest updates. The instructions/guidelines mentioned in the advertisement and subsequent updates should be followed scrupulously by the candidates before taking further action.