Recruitment of engineers/officers through GATE 2017 by IndianOil (IOCL)
Are you aware that IndianOil (IOCL) has recently announced recruitment through GATE 2017 scores? What is the selection procedure, how to submit the application and what will be the remunerations? Read this article to know the answers of these and such other related questions.
IntroductionIndian Oil Corporation Limited (IndianOil) is a Maharatna PSU of India and is the highest ranked Indian company in the Fortune's prestigious Global 500 list. Recently, the corporation has published an advertisement for recruitment of Engineers/Officers through GATE 2017 scores. In addition, few engineering graduates are proposed to be engaged as Graduate Apprentice Engineers (GAEs) in the in Refineries and Pipelines Divisions of the Corporation.
- Start date of submission of online applications on IndianOil website - 05.01.2017.
- Last date of submission of online applications on IndianOil website - 04.02.2017.
Age limitAge limit mentioned below will be reckoned as on 30.06.2017.
- General - 26 years.
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) - 3 years relaxation.
- SC/ST - 5 years relaxation.
- Persons with Disabilities (PWD) - 10 years relaxation.
- Candidates domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir between 1.1.1980 and 31.12.1989 - 5 years relaxation.
- Ex-servicemen & Commissioned Officers (including ECOs/SSCOs) - 5 years relaxation.
- A bachelor's degree in engineering/technology (full time regular courses only) in respective discipline with minimum 65% marks in case of General Category and OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates or 55% in case of Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe(ST)/People with Disability (PWD) candidates.
- Further details regarding the educational qualification may be referred in the advertisement published by the Corporation.
How to apply
- Register online for GATE- 2017 examination - How to register for GATE 2017 (Last Date - 04.10.2016).
- GATE 2017 admit cards containing GATE 2017 registration number will become available for printing on the GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) website w.e.f. - 05.01.2017.
- On receipt of GATE 2017 registration number, the candidates can apply online on the website of IndianOil - https://www.iocl.com/ w.e.f. - 05.01.2017.
- The online IndianOil application link will be activated on 05.01.2017. The candidates are required to click on the online application link and read the instructions carefully before proceeding ahead.
- It is very important to fill the online application accurately including the GATE 2017 registration number
- GATE 2017 scores will be retrieved by the IndianOil using a software from the database provided by the GATE authorities. Therefore, in case of any mismatch in the GATE 2017 Registration Number, the score of the candidate will not be retrieved successfully.
- Configuration of the name entered in the IndianOil online application system should be exactly same as entered in the GATE 2017 online application system.
- After completing the online application in all respect, the candidate can submit their application by clicking on the 'Submit' button. On successful submission of the application, the system will generate a unique application ID.
- The candidates should take a printout of the completed application form, affix his/her recent passport size photograph (same photograph which was submitted along with GATE 2017 application) and put his/ her signature on the space provided.
- The printout of the application is required to be kept with the candidate himself/herself and need not be sent to any IndianOil office.
- If the candidate is called for GD/GT and interview later after shortlisting of the candidates on the basis of GATE 2017 scores, then his/ her identity will be verified with GATE-2017 admit card and GATE-2017 official score card.
- All future communication with the candidates will take place through e-mail only. Therefore it is imperative that the candidate's e-mail ID should remain active for at least next one year.
- Before commencing the online application process, the candidates should keep the following information/data readily available with them -
- Percentage of marks obtained in the qualifying examination
- Caste/sub-caste certificate - date of issue, name of issuing authority, state of origin etc.
- In case CGPA/OGPA/DGPA or Letter Grade in a degree / diploma is awarded, then its equivalent percentage of marks
- Candidates appearing in final qualifying degree examination in 2016 may also apply. However, in case short-listed for the interview, then documentary evidence of having completed the qualifying degree with minimum prescribed percentage of marks, will have to be submitted by 31.08.2017.
- The candidates presently employed in Government Departments / PSUs / Autonomous Bodies are required to submit an NOC issued by the competent authority of their current employer at the time of interview.
- The OBC candidates who fall in the creamy layer will not be entitled to the benefits of reservation and should apply as General Category candidates.
- Only GATE 2017 score will be valid for the advertised vacancies. GATE 2016 or any other previous GATE score will not be considered valid.
- The selected candidates will have to execute a service bond to serve the Corporation for a period of minimum three years from the date of joining. The amount of the bond will be Rs. 3,00,000 for the General Category candidate and Rs. 50,000 for the SC/ST/OBC & PWD candidates.
- The candidates should be medically fit as per the 'Guidelines and Criteria for Physical Fitness for Pre-employment medical Examination' of the Corporation which can be referred at its website.
- On the basis of the GATE 2017 score, the candidates will be shortlisted for the further selection process conprising of -
- Group Discussion (GD) and Group Task (GT)
- The final merit list will be prepared on the basis of GATE 2017 score and scores obtained in GD/GT and PI.
- The candidates are required to obtain minimum 40% marks in GD/GT and Personal Interview for being considered in the merit list.
RenumerationThe starting basic pay will be Rs. 24,900 per month in the case of the candidates selected as Engineers/ Officers. In addition, the candidates will receive Dearness Allowance (DA) and other allowances/benefits e.g. HRA/subsidized housing accommodation, performance related pay, medical facilities, gratuity, leave travel concession (LTC)/ LFA, contributory provident fund, employees pension scheme, group personal accident insurance scheme, leave encashment, conveyance advance/ maintenance reimbursement, performance related incentives (PRP) and contributory superannuation benefit fund scheme etc. as per the applicable rules of the Corporation. The Cost-to-Company (CTC), will be about Rs 12.00 lakhs per annum inclusive of performance related pay (PRP) which will depend on the place of posting, financial performance of the Corporation and also performance rating of the individual.
Conclusion The candidates may refer the advertisement-https://www.iocl.com/download/Recruitment_Engineers_2017.pdf available on the website of the Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IndianOil) for detailed information including information about eligible engineering disciplines, nature of job, education qualifications, physical fitness, selection procedure etc. The link for submitting the online application to the IndianOil will be activated on 05.01.2017, the date on which the GATE 2017 Admit Cards will be available for printing from the Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) website. The aspiring candidates may read the instructions for filling online application carefully and follow the same scrupulously.