Recruitment of Engineer Trainees through GATE 2017 by BHEL
Do you know that the Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) has recently announced the recruitment of Engineer Trainees through GATE 2017 scores? What is the selection procedure, how to submit the application and what will be the emoluments? Read this article to know the answers of these and such other related questions.
IntroductionBharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) is a Maharatna PSU of India and is the largest engineering enterprise of its kind in India. Recently, the BHEL has published an advertisement for recruitment of Engineer Trainees through GATE 2017 scores in the field of Mechanical Engineering and Electrical engineering. The following article has attempted to provide an outline of the selection procedure together with other details.
Number of posts
- Engineer Trainee - Mechanical - 30*
- Engineer Trainee - Electrical - 20*
- *The number of vacancies are tentative and may vary based on further assessment in future.
- Start date of submission of online applications on BHEL website - 09.01.2017.
- Last date of submission of online applications on BHEL website - 03.02.2017.
- Last date of receipt of copy of Acknowledgement Slip at BHEL - 03.03.2017 (10.03.2017 for the candidates from North East and far-flung areas).
Age limitAge limit mentioned below will be reckoned as on 01.09.2016.
- General - 27 years. (29 years for candidates having two years full-time post-graduate degree in engineering or business administration/management).
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) - 3 years relaxation.
- SC/ST - 5 years relaxation.
- Persons with Disabilities (PWD) - 10 years relaxation for General, 13 years for OBC (NCL) and 15 years for SC/ST candidates.
- Candidates domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir between 1.1.1980 and 31.12.1989 - 5 years relaxation.
- Ex-Servicemen - as per the extant Government rules.
- Fulltime bachelor's degree in engineering / technology, or five year integrated masters degree, or dual degree program in engineering or technology in the disciplines of Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- The candidates are required to produce their degree or final year mark sheet by 01.06.2017 or at the time of interview whichever is later.
- Further details regarding the educational qualification may be referred in the advertisement published by BHEL.
How to apply
- Register online for GATE- 2017 examination - How to register for GATE 2017 (Last Date - 04.10.2016).
- Online application will have to be submitted on BHEL website - http://www.careers.bhel.in/ from 09.01.2017 onwards. Detailed instructions regarding the BHEL application process will be hosted on said website.
- On the basis of the GATE 2017 scores, the candidates will be shortlisted for interview in order of merit in the ratio of 1:3 to the number of vacancies in each discipline and category.
- A relaxation of up to 50% below the cut-off marks in their respective categories will be accorded for shortlisting in the case of Physically Challenged candidates.
- All the candidates obtaining same cut-off marks in respective groups will be called for interviews.
- For the purpose of preparation of the final merit list, a weightage of 75% will be given to the GATE 2017 scores and 25% weightage to the interview stage.
- The candidates presently employed in Government Departments / PSUs / Autonomous Bodies may submit their application through proper channel or submit an NOC issued by the competent authority of their current employer at the time of interview.
- All future communication with the candidates will take place through e-mail only. Therefore it is imperative that the candidate's e-mail ID should remain active for at least next one year.
- The selected candidates will have to execute a service bond of Rs. 2,00,000 to serve the company (or any Government Department or Undertaking at the discretion) for a period of minimum three years from the date of joining. The candidates are also required to furnish a Surety Bond executed by parents/ guardian/ reliable surety.
- The candidates should possess sound health as per BHEL's Medical Examination Rules, hosted on the BHEL careers website.
- Only GATE 2017 score will be valid for the advertised vacancies. GATE 2016 or any other previous GATE score will not be considered valid.
- .Candidates taking GATE 2017 exam in codes other than ME or EE, will not be considered.
Training and emolumentsInitially, the selected candidates will undergo training of one-year duration during which period, basic pay of Rs. 20600/- in the pay scale of Rs. 20600-46500 will be paid. After the successful completion of the training period, the candidates will be absorbed as Engineers with a basic pay of Rs. 24900 in the pay scale of Rs. 24900-50500. In addition, the candidates will receive Dearness Allowance (currently 114.8% of basic pay), perks and other allowances (46% of basic pay) and benefits such as leave, HRA/company accommodation, medical facilities for self and dependent family members, gratuity, provident fund, uniform, subsidized canteen facilities, performance pay etc.The Cost-to-Company (CTC), will be about Rs 8.00 lakhs per annum for ETs.
ConclusionThe candidates may refer the advertisement-http://careers.bhel.in/bhel/static/recruitment_gate2017_sept.pdf available on the website of the Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) for detailed information including educational qualifications, equivalent qualifications in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, reservation and relaxations, selection process, training and emoluments, medical standards, how to apply and general instructions etc. Detailed instructions to candidates regarding the application process to BHEL will be hosted by the company on its website http://www.careers.bhel.in/ from 09.01.2017 onwards. The aspiring candidates may read the instructions for filling online application carefully and follow the same scrupulously.