Recruitment of engineers through GATE 2017 by WBSEDCL
Do you know that the West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Limited (WBSEDCL) has recently announced the recruitment of Assistant Engineer (Electrical) and Assistant Engineer (Civil) through GATE 2017 scores? What is the selection procedure, how to submit the application and what will be the emoluments? Read this article to know the answers of these and such other related questions.
IntroductionThe West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Limited (WBSEDCL) is a Government of West Bengal Enterprise with an annual turnover of more than Rs. 18,000 crores. The main business of WBSEDCL is distribution and hydro generation of electricity. The WBSEDCL has recently published the notification No. MPP/2016/07 dated 13.09.2016 regarding recruitment of Assistant Engineer (Electrical) and Assistant Engineer (Civil) through GATE 2017 scores. The candidates who wish to apply for the posts of the Assistant Engineer (Electrical) & Assistant Engineer (Civil) in WBSEDCL will have to first qualify the GATE 2017 in the relevant Gate examination paper.
Number of posts
- Assistant Engineer (Electrical) - 58.
- Assistant Engineer (Civil) - 38.
- The number of posts are tentative and may vary in future.
- The candidates have to apply separately for GATE 2017 and WBSEDCL.
- Register online for GATE- 2017 examination - How to register for GATE 2017 (Last Date - 04.10.2016).
- The candidates can apply to WBSEDCL only after getting GATE-2017 Admit Card. The GATE 2017 admit cards containing GATE 2017 registration number will become available for printing on the GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) website w.e.f. - 05.01.2017.
- WBSEDCL's online application process will start on 05.01.2017 which will be notified through press notification by the WBSEDCL.
- The candidates are required to be in touch with WBSEDCL's website www.wbsedcl.in for future updates.
Age criteriaThe minimum and maximum age limit is 18 years and 27 years respectively as on 01.01.2016.
- OBC (A) and OBC (B) - 3 years relaxation.
- SC/ST candidates of West Bengal only - 5 years relaxation.
- Persons with Disabilities (PWD) - 10 years relaxation.
- Electrical Engineering - Full time 4 years degree viz. B.E/B.Tech/B.Sc (Engineering) in Electrical Engineering/ Electrical & Electronics (Combined) /Power Engineering/B.Sc (H) in Physics with 3 years B.Tech in Electrical Engineering.
- Civil Engineering - Full time 4 years degree viz. BE/B.Tech/B.Sc(Engg.) in Civil Engineering/Construction Engineering.
- The candidates who have joined the course through lateral entry are also eligible.
- The final year candidates are also eligible to apply.
- Further details regarding the educational qualification may be referred in the advertisement published by WBSEDCL.
- Only GATE 2017 score will be valid for the advertised vacancies. GATE 2016 or any other previous GATE score will not be considered valid.
- Fot the post of AE (Electrical), the GATE examination paper should be Electrical Engineering, Code EE and for the post of AE (Civil), the GATE examination paper should be Civil Engineering, Code CE.
Pay band and grade payThe selected candidates will be put in the pay band of Rs.15,600 - Rs. 39,100 with grade pay of Rs. 5,400.
Address of WBSEDCLWest Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Limited
(A Govt. of West Bengal Enterprise)
Vidyut Bhavan, Block-DJ, Sector-II,Bidhananagar,Kolkata-700091
ConclusionThe candidates may refer the advertisement - 'Recruitment for the Post of Assistant Engineer(Electrical) and Assistant Engineer(Civil) through GATE-2017 Score under WBSEDCL- Notification Number MPP/2016/07' available in the 'careers' section of the website of West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Limited (WBSEDCL) - http://www.wbsedcl.in/ for further details. It may be noted that the WBSEDCL's online application process will commence after 05.01.2017 which will be notified through press notification for the aspiring candidates. The candidates are therefore required to be in touch with WBSEDCL's website for future updates. The aspiring candidates may read the instructions for filling online application carefully and follow the same scrupulously.