Recruitment of officers through GATE 2017 by HPCL
Are you aware that Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) has recently announced recruitment of officers through GATE 2017 scores? What is the selection procedure, how to submit the application and what will be the remunerations? Read this article to know the answers of these and such other related questions.
IntroductionThe Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) is a Government of India enterprise with a Navratna Status. It is a Forbes 2000 and Global Fortune 500 company of India. Recently, the HPCL has published an advertisement for recruitment of officers through GATE 2017 scores which can be referred on its website under the 'Career Opportunities' section.
- Start date of submission of online applications on HPCL website - 10.01.2017.
- Last date of submission of online applications on HPCL website - 10.02.2017.
Age limitAge limit mentioned below will be reckoned as on 30.06.2017.
- General - 25 years.
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) - 3 years relaxation.
- SC/ST - 5 years relaxation.
- Persons with Disabilities (PWD) - 10 years relaxation for General, 13 years for OBC (NCL) and 15 years for SC/ST candidates.
- Candidates domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir between 1.1.1980 and 31.12.1989 - 5 years relaxation.
- Ex-servicemen & Commissioned Officers (including ECOs/SSCOs) - 5 years relaxation, subject to specified conditions.
- A bachelor's degree in engineering/technology (4 years full time regular course) in respective discipline with minimum 60% marks in case of General Category and OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates or 50% in case of Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe(ST)/People with Disability (PWD) candidates.
- Further details regarding the educational qualification may be referred in the advertisement published by the Corporation.
How to apply
- Register online for GATE- 2017 examination - How to register for GATE 2017 (Last Date - 04.10.2016).
- GATE 2017 admit cards containing GATE 2017 registration number will become available for printing on the GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) website w.e.f. - 05.01.2017.
- Login to http://www.hindustanpetroleum.com/careeropportunities and click on Career Opportunities.
- Read all the instructions given on the website carefully.
- Apply on HPCL website (from 10.01.2017 to 10.02.2017) after obtaining GATE registration number.
- Before commencing the online application process, the candidates should keep the following readily available with them -
- Scanned copy of same passport size photo which was affixed in GATE application (format - jpg or gif, size below 50 KB).
- Resume (format - doc or docx format, size 200 KB maximum)
- Percentage of marks obtained in the qualifying examination
- In case CGPA/OGPA/DGPA or Letter Grade in a degree / diploma is awarded, then its equivalent percentage of marks
- Caste/sub-caste certificate - date of issue, name of issuing authority, state of origin etc.
- Fill in all the requisite details in the online application and upload the photograph and resume carefully.
- It is very important to fill the online application accurately including the GATE 2017 registration number.
- After completing the online application in all respect, the candidate can submit their application by clicking on the 'Submit' button. On successful submission of the application, the system will generate a12 Digit Application Number.
- The candidates should take a printout of the completed application form, affix his/her recent passport size photograph, put his/ her signature on the space provided and keep the same with him/ her safely for future reference. It may be noted that the hard copy of the application is not required to be sent to HPCL.
- Pay 'Application & Processing Fee' by choosing one of the various options for payment.
- The General and OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates are required to pay a non-refundable amount of Rs. 265 (inclusive of service tax and bank charges of Rs. 35) toward 'Application Fee'. The SC, ST & PWD candidates are exempted from payment of application fee.
- The following options are made available for payment of application fee -
- Payment through challan at State Bank of India (SBI)
- Online payment through Debit/ Credit card.
- No other mode of payment will be accepted.
- Application fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Candidates of Indian Nationality only are eligible to apply.
- The candidates can apply against one discipline only. Applications submitted by the candidates in more than one discipline will not be considered.
- The e-mail ID and the mobile number provided in the online application should remain valid for at least one year as all future communication with the candidates will take place through e-mail only.
- Candidates appearing in final qualifying degree examination in 2016 may also apply. However, in case short-listed for the interview, then documentary evidence of having completed the qualifying degree with minimum prescribed percentage of marks, will have to be submitted by 31.08.2017.
- The candidates presently employed in Government Departments / PSUs / Autonomous Bodies are required to submit an NOC issued by the competent authority of their current employer at the time of interview.
- Candidates are not required to send printout of application or any other documents in hard copy to HPCL.
- In case shortlisted then the candidates will have to download the Interview Call Letter from HPCL website www.hindustanpetroleum.com, as the same will not be sent in hard copy.
- Only GATE 2017 score will be valid for the advertised vacancies. GATE 2016 or any other previous GATE score will not be considered valid.
- On the basis of the GATE 2017 score, the candidates will be shortlisted for the further selection process in a predetermined ratio in order of the category-wise discipline-wise merit list.
- In addition to the above, the management may administer, at its sole discretion, any other selection tools/tests.
- Before being adjudged as suitable for selection, the candidates will have to successfully qualify through each stage of selection process.
Renumeration packageThe selected candidates will be on probation for a period of one year as Officer, Salary Grade A in the scale of basic salary Rs. 24,900 - 50,500. In addition to the basic salary, the selected officers will be entitled to an allowance at 50% of Basic Pay under Cafeteria Approach (including medical benefits for self and family members), Dearness Allowance, HRA and retiral Benefits up to 30% of Basic Pay and DA which include Contributory Provident Fund, Gratuity and Superannuation Benefit applicable as per Corporation's policy in force at that time. After successful completion of the probation period, the officers will be considered for confirmation in the respective grade subject to the compliance of the prerequisites of the same.
- The candidates may visit FAQ section on the website of HPCL.
- Further queries pertaining to recruitment including selection process may be addressed to the Corporate Recruitment Team of HPCL through e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org only.
ConclusionThe candidates may refer the advertisement regarding 'RECRUITMENT OF OFFICERS through GATE 2017' available on the website of the HPCL for detailed information including information about education qualifications, age limit, concessions/relaxations, physical/medical fitness, selection, training and placement, remuneration package (cost to the company), how to apply, payment of application fee, important dates and general instructions. The candidates can submit their online application on the HPCL website 10.01.2017 onward after obtaining GATE registration number. It may be noted that all the instructions of the company regarding submission of the online application should be read carefully and adhered to scrupulously.