IntroductionThe Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL) is Central Government Schedule 'A' PSU under the Ministry of Defence, Department of Defence Production and is one of the leading shipbuilding and offshore fabrication yards in India. Recently, the MDL has announced by publishing an advertisement for recruitment of Executive Trainees (Technical) through GATE 2017 scores which can be referred on its website under the 'Career Opportunities' section.
- Start date of submission of applications on MDL Online Application system - 06.01.2017.
- Last date of submission of applications on MDL Online Application system - 06.02.2017.
- Last date for receipt of Challan Form - 21.02.2017.
- Tentative date for notification regarding schedule of Personal Interviews - 21.05.2017.
Number of posts/reservations
- Executive Trainee (Technical) - Mechanical - 05
- Executive Trainee (Technical) - Electrical - 03
- The number of vacancies are indicative and may increase/decrese depending on the requirement of the MDL.
- The reservations of posts are as follows -
Age limitAge limit mentioned below will be reckoned as on 06.02.2017.
- General - 28 years.
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) - 3 years relaxation.
- SC/ST - 5 years relaxation.
- Persons with Disabilities (PWD) - as per PWD Act /Government guidelines.
- Ex-Servicemen - up to the extent of number of years served in Military Service. However, the actual age should not exceed the prescribed age limit by more than 03 years.
- Internal candidates - maximum up to 05 years.
- Full time bachelor's degree in engineering / technology with minimum First Class or 60% Marks or equivalent CGPA from a recognized university/institute recognized by AICTE.
- The final year students are also eligible to apply for the post subject to their clearing the qualifying requirement as above with minimum prescribed percentage/grade.
- Further details regarding the educational qualification may be referred in the advertisement published by MDL.
How to apply
- Register online for GATE- 2017 examination - How to register for GATE 2017 (Last Date - 04.10.2016).
- GATE 2017 admit cards containing GATE 2017 registration number will become available for printing on the GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) website w.e.f. - 05.01.2017.
- After receipt of GATE 2017 registration number, the interested candidates can apply to MDL through Online system only w.e.f. - 06.01.2017.
- GATE 2017 registration number provided on the Admit Card issued by GATE Authorities has to be used for applying to MDL.
- Log on to - http://www.mazdock.com/newsite2010/index.htm
- Click on 'Online Recruitment' link available on blue color left pane and then click on the relevant post to be applied for.
- Read all the instructions carefully given on the website.
- Fill in all the details accurately in the relevant columns of the Online Application Form.
- Upload photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- After completing the online application in all respect, the candidate can submit their application by clicking on the 'Submit' button. On successful submission of the application, the system will generate a 'Registration Number' and a validation link will be sent to the registered e-mail address.
- Note down the 'Registration Number' and click on the validation link received on the registered e-mail.
- Reprint the application from MDL website 'Online Recruitment->Candidate->Form Reprint'.
- The candidates short-listed for Personal Interview shall be required to submit a print out of the Online Application Form at the time of Personal Interview.
- The General and OBC candidates are required to pay a non-refundable processing of Rs. 300. The SC, ST and PWD candidates are exempted from payment of processing fee.
- The processing fee has to be submitted at any nearest branch of State Bank of India (SBI) using the prescribed challan form appended to the published advertisement which can be downloaded from the website of the MDL.
- Cash of Rs. 340 (including bank charges of Rs. 40) has to be submitted after filling all the three parts (Bank's Copy, MDL's Copy & Candidate's Copy) of the Challan.
- The processing fee payment details like Bank Branch Name, Branch Code, Journal No. etc are required to be filled in Section 3 of the Online Application Form.
- The application form along with the 'MDL's Copy' section of the Challan should be forwarded by post or courier so as to reach CM (HR-CR) on or before Tuesday, 21 February 2017 (1700hrs) on the following address -
Chief Manager (HR-CR)
Executives Recruitment Section,
02nd Floor, Mazdock House,
Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited, Dockyard Road,
Mumbai - 400010.
- The 'Advertisement Ref. No. & Post applied for' should be superscribed on the envelope containing above.
- The 'Candidate's Copy' section of the Challan should be retained by the candidates for future reference.
- The candidates will be shortlisted for Personal Interview on the basis of their GATE 2017 scores.
- The candidates will have to score at least 60 marks out of 100 in order to qualify/pass in Personal Interview.
- The final selection will be based on GATE 2017 score and Personal Interview marks.
- Only GATE 2017 score will be valid for the advertised vacancies. GATE 2016 or any other previous GATE score will not be considered valid.
Grade and pay scaleThe selected Executive Trainees (Technical) will be put in E-1 Grade in the pay scale of Rs. 16,400-40,500. The CTC per annum will be Rs. 7.19 lakh approximately.
- Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply.
- The candidates need to have an active and valid e-mail ID which will have to be filled in the application form as all future communication with the candidates will be made through registered e-mail.
- Candidates appearing in final qualifying degree examination in 2016 may also apply. However, in case short-listed for the interview, then documentary evidence of having completed the qualifying degree with minimum prescribed percentage of marks, will have to be submitted by 31.08.2017.
- The candidates presently employed in Government Departments / Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) are required to submit an NOC issued by the competent authority of their current employer at the time of interview.
- The candidates should possess sound health and meet the prescribed Medical Fitness
- Outstation candidates will be reimbursed third AC rail/ luxury bus fare by the shortest route in case called for Personal Interview.
- Original documents e.g. degree certificate, proof of date of birth, caste certificate etc. will be verified at the time of interview. The candidate will be debarred from appearing for the interview in case the original documents are not produced and the traveling allowance will also be not reimbursed in such cases.
- Information like the list of 'Eligible Candidates', list of 'Not-Eligible Candidates', 'Interview Schedule', 'Result' etc. will be posted on the MDL Website under the head 'Career->Executives'. Candidates may visit the MDL website from time to time to get updates on the recruitment status.
Recruitment of Senior EngineersMDL recruits experienced engineers with one-year experience also as Senior Engineer using GATE marks. The candidates desirous to apply for Senior Engineer positions in MDL should appear in the GATE Examination so as to become eligible for Senior Engineer posts as and when the vacancy arises. Such candidates may log on to MDL website from time to time for knowing details.
Contact detailsIn case of any difficulty in registration, the candidates may contact at following-
Phone Number: 022-23764108/4174.
ConclusionThe candidates may refer the Advertisement Ref. No.: MDL/HR-CR/REC/52/2016 available on the website of the MDL for detailed information including information about qualifying requirements, selection process, eligibility of candidates, how to apply, instructions for payment of processing fees, general information and instructions and online application procedure. The candidates can submit their online application on the MDL website 06.01.2017 onward after obtaining GATE registration number. It may be noted that all the instructions of the MDL regarding submission of the online application should be read carefully and adhered to scrupulously.