Powergrid recruitment of Executive Trainees through GATE 2017
Are you aware that the Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (POWERGRID) has recently announced recruitment of Executive Trainees through GATE 2017 scores? What is the selection procedure, how to submit the application and what will be the compensation package? Read this article to know the answers of these and such other related questions.
IntroductionThe Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (POWERGRID) is a Navaratna PSU of India which is one of the largest Transmission Utilities in the World. Recently, the company has published an advertisement regarding recruitment of Executive Trainees in electrical, electronics, civil and computer science disciplines through GATE 2017 which can be referred on its website under the 'careers' section. The following article has attempted to create awareness about the said opportunity among the aspiring candidates.
- Start date of submission of online applications to POWERGRID - 15.02.2017.
- Last date of submission of online applications to POWERGRID - 15.03.2017.
- Publication of notification containg details like number of vacancies, reservation, important instructions regarding submission of POWERGRID online application, date of interview etc. by POWERGRID on its website - 10.02.2017
Age limitAge limit mentioned below will be reckoned as on 31.12.2016.
- General - 28 years.
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) - 3 years relaxation (for posts reserved for the respective category).
- SC/ST - 5 years relaxation (for posts reserved for the respective category).
- Persons with Disabilities (PWD) - 10 years over and above category relaxation.
- J&K Domicile / Ex-Servicemen/Victims of riots - As per Government of India directives.
- A full time engineering degree like B.E./B.Tech/ B.Sc(Engg.) from a recognized university/institute with minimum 65% marks or equivalent CGPA. However, in case of Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe(ST)/People with Disability (PWD) candidates, the qualifying marks in essential qualification is relaxed to pass marks for posts reserved for the respective category.
- Further details regarding the educational qualification may be referred in the advertisement published by the Company.
How to apply
- Register online for GATE- 2017 examination - How to register for GATE 2017 (Last Date - 04.10.2016).
- An online application will have to be submitted by the candidates on the application window of POWERGRID during the period 15.02.2017 to 15.03.2017 which will be available in career section of its website - http://www.powergridindia.com/
- Details like GAT 2017 Application No., GATE 2017 Registration Number and other required information will have to befilled in the online application to POWERGRID.
- A separate notification containing details like number of vacancies, reservation, important instructions regarding submission of POWERGRID online application, date of interview etc. will be hosted by the company on its website from 10.02.2017 onward.
- Only Indian Nationals of age 18 years or above are eligible to apply.
- In case CGPA/OGPA/DGPA or Letter Grade in a degree / diploma is awarded, then its equivalent percentage of marks should be indicated in the application form.
- The candidates presently working in Government Departments / PSUs are required to submit an NOC at the time of interview.
- Only GATE 2017 score will be valid for the advertised vacancies. GATE 2016 or any other previous GATE score will not be considered valid.
- The selected candidates will have to execute a service agreement bond to successfully complete the prescribed training period and after that serve the company for a period of at least three years. The amount of the bond is Rs. 1,00,000 for General and OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates and Rs.50,000/- for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
- The candidates should possess sound health as per POWERGRID medical norms which can be seen in the career section of the website of the company.
- The candidates are required to retain their GATE 2017 admit card and GATE 2017 scorecard for verification at the time of GD/ Interview / Joining in POWERGRID.
- The candidates who will qualify in corresponding paper of GATE 2017, will be short-listed category-wise for Group Discussion & Personal Interview based on their normalized marks out of 100 in GATE 2017 in the corresponding paper.
- The candidates have to qualify in the Personal Interview in order to be considered for empanelment.
- The qualifying %age in interview for different categories of candidates is as follows -
- OBC (NCL) / SC/ ST/PWD - 30%
- The weightage of different parameters for calculation of final score of a candidate for empanelment is as follows -
- GATE 2017 marks (out of 100) in corresponding paper - 85%
- Further details regarding the selection procedure may be referred in the advertisement published by the Company.
Compensation packageDuring the initial one-year training period, the selected candidates will be placed in the pay scale of Rs. 24900-50500 and the candidates will be absorbed as Engineer after successful completion of the training period. During the training period, the approximate CTC will be Rs. 8.5 lakh and after the training period the same will be Rs. 14.9 lakh. The compensation package of the engineers will include basic pay, dearness allowance, perquisites and allowance as per cafeteria approach, performance related pay, medical facilities for self and dependents, HRA or company quarters /company leased accommodation, reimbursement of monthly conveyance expenditure, mobile facility, PF, retirement benefits like gratuity, pension and leave encashment, group insurance scheme, personal accident insurance etc. and excellent facilities like short and long term loans and advances including house building advance etc.
ConclusionThe candidates may refer the Advt. No. CC/05/2016 dated 13.09.2016 regarding 'Recruitment of ET 22nd Batch through GATE 2017 in Electrical, Electronics, Civil and Computer Science Disciplines' available on the website of the Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (POWERGRID) for detailed information including information about important dates, eligibility criteria, relaxations and concessions, selection process, important instructions about registration/application and general information and instructions. The candidates can submit their online application on the POWERGRID website between the period 15.02.2017 to 15.03.2017 after obtaining GATE registration number. It may be noted that all the instructions of the company regarding submission of the online application should be read carefully and adhered to scrupulously.