Recruitment of Executive Trainees through GATE 2017 by BBNL
Are you aware that Bharat Broadband Network Limited (BBNL) has recently announced recruitment of Executive Trainees through GATE 2017 scores? What is the selection procedure, how to submit the application and what will be the probation period and payscale? Read this article to know the answers of these and such other related questions.
IntroductionBharat Broadband Network Limited (BBNL) is a Government of India Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) under the Ministry of Communication & IT, Department of Telecommunications. The BBNL has published Advt. No. BBNL/HR/01/2016 dated 27 September 2016 for recruitment of Executive Trainees through GATE 2017 scores which can be referred on its website under the 'careers' section. A separate notification containing details and important instructions regarding submission of BBNL online application, date of interview etc. will be hosted on the BBNL website from 12.01.2017. Vacancies exist in unreserved and reserved, i.e. OBC (NCL), SC and ST categories.
- Start date of submission of online applications to BBNL - 15.01.2017.
- Last date of submission of online applications to BBNL - 27.02.2017.
- Personal Interview - May/June 2017 (tentative).
Age limitAge limit mentioned below will be reckoned as on 15.01.2017.
- General - minimum 21 years and maximum 27 years.
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) - 3 years relaxation.
- SC/ST - 5 years relaxation.
- Persons with Disabilities (PWD) - 10 years relaxation for General, 13 years for OBC (NCL) and 15 years for SC/ST candidates.
- J&K Domicile / Ex-Servicemen/ Victim of riots etc. - as per Government of India directives.
- A full time engineering degree viz. B.E./B.Tech./B.Sc. (Engg.) from a recognized university/institute in Electronics & Communication / Computer Science / Information Technology / Electrical / Electrical & Electronics disiplines.
- Final year/semester students expecting their results by 27.08.2017 are also eligible to apply.
- Further details regarding the educational qualification may be referred in the advertisement published by the company.
How to apply
- Register online for GATE- 2017 examination - How to register for GATE 2017 (Last Date - 04.10.2016).
- A separate notification will be hosted on the website of BBNL - http://www.bbnl.nic.in/ in the careers section from 12.01.2017 containing details and important instructions regarding submission of BBNL online application, date of interview etc.
- Application window will remain open on BBNL website during the period 15.01.2017 to 27.02.2017. The candidates will haveto register themselves online on the BBNL website during the period.
- Details like GATE 2017 Application No., GATE 2017 Registration Number and other required information will have to be filled by the candidates
- GATE 2017 admit cards containing GATE 2017 Registration Number will become available for printing on the GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) website w.e.f. - 05.01.2017.
- Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply
- The candidates presently employed in Government Departments / PSUs are required to submit an NOC issued by the competent authority of their current employer at the time of interview.
- The e-mail ID and the mobile number provided in the online application should remain valid for at least one year as all future communication with the candidates will take place through e-mail only.
- The selected candidates are liable for transfer and posting anywhere in India.
- The selected candidates are required to execute a service agreement a bond in the prescribed format on non-judicial stamp paper of Rs 100 to serve in BBNL for a period of 2 years from the dated of their joining including the probation period. The amount of the bond is Rs. 3,00,000 or as decided by the company at the time of issuing the offer of appointment.
- The applicants should visit the BBNL website from time to time as important updates/ information regarding this recruitment process will be posted on the same.
- The appointment of the selected candidates is subject to the verification of their character and antecedents from concerned authorities and their being found medically fit in the 'Pre-Employment Medical Examination'.
- Candidates will be required to retain their GATE 2017 admit card and original GATE 2017 scorecard for verification at the time of interview/joining in BBNL.
- Only GATE 2017 score will be valid for the advertised vacancies. GATE 2016 or any other previous GATE score will not be considered valid.
- The candidates will have to appear for the Electronics and Communication (EC), Computer Science and Information Technology (CS) and Electrical Engineering (EE) Paper of GATE 2017.
- The first step of the selection procudure will be short-listing of qualified candidates category-wise for Personal Interview on the basis of their normalized marks (out of 100) in the corresponding EC/CS/ EE paper of GATE 2017.
- Besides above, Psychometric tests and/or any other selection tools/tests may be used at its sole discretion by the management.
- The candidates obtaining a valid score (marks out of 100) only will be eligible for the next stage of selection. A valid score means marks more than or equal to the qualifying marks as fixed for the corresponding EC/CS/EE paper of GATE 2017.
- Weightage of different parameters will be as follows -
- Marks (out of 100) in the EC/CS/EE paper of GATE 2017 - 75%
- The candidates shortlisted for the Interview will be required to submit the documents as maybe mentioned in the communication to be sent to them individually through e-mail/ Candidate login.
Probation period and payscaleThe selected candidates will first be placed on probation for a period of 12 months from the date of appointment as Executive Trainee in the pay scale of Rs.16,400 - 3% - 40,500 and after successful completion of the probation period, such candidates will be redesignated as Assistant Manager.
ConclusionThe candidates may refer the Advt. No. BBNL/HR/01/2016 dated 27 September 2016, captioned as 'RECRUITMENT NOTICE - EXECUTIVE TRAINEE' available in the careers section of the website of the BBNL for detailed information including information about essential qualifications, relaxations and concessions, selection process, important instructions for registration/application, general information and instructions and important dates etc. The candidates can submit their online application on the BBNL website between the period 15.01.2017 to 27.02.2017 after obtaining GATE registration number. It may be noted that all the instructions of the company regarding submission of the online application should be read carefully and adhered to scrupulously.