Recruitment of Executive Trainees through GATE 2017 by Oil india Limited
Do you know that Oil India Limited has recently announced recruitment of Executive Trainees through GATE 2017 scores? What is the selection procedure, how to submit the application and what will be the compensation package? Read this article to know the answers of these and such other related questions.
IntroductionThe OIL INDIA LIMITED is a Navratna Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) of the Government of India which is engaged in the exploration, production and transportation of crude oil, natural gas and manufacture of LPG. Recently, the company has published an advertisement for recruitment of Executive Trainees through GATE 2017 scores which can be referred in the careers section of the website of the company.
Important datesPeriod of submission of online applications for OIL ET-2017 on the website http://www.oil-india.com/ is Mid January 2017 to Mid February 2017 (exact dates will be announced by the company later).
Age limitAge limit mentioned below will be reckoned as on the last date of close of OIL's online portal.
- General - 27 years (29 years for candidates having completed full-time postgraduate courses of 2 years duration in Geology and Geophysics).
- OBC(NCL) - 30 years (32 years for candidates having completed full-time postgraduate courses of 2 years duration in Geology and Geophysics).
- SC/ST - 32 years (34 years for candidates having completed full-time postgraduate courses of 2 years duration in Geology and Geophysics).
- PWD with degree of disability 40% or above - relaxation of up to 10 years.
- Ex-servicemen & Commissioned Officers (including ECOs/SSCOs) - 5 years relaxation.
- Candidates domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir between 1.1.1980 and 31.12.1989 - 5 years relaxation.
- Full details can be referred in the advertisement published by the company.
- Full time bachelor's degree of 4 years duration in Mechanical Engineering or Technology/AMIE with at least 65% of marks.
- Full time post graduation degree of 2 years duration in Geology with at least 60% of marks.
- Full time post graduation degree of 2 years duration in Geophysics with at least 60% of marks.
- Further details regarding the educational qualification may be referred in the advertisement published by the Company.
How to apply
- Register online for GATE- 2017 examination - How to register for GATE 2017 (Last Date - 04.10.2016).
- GATE 2017 admit cards containing GATE 2017 registration number will become available for printing on the GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) website w.e.f. - 05.01.2017.
- The candidates are required to apply online for OIL ET-2017 on the website http://www.oil-india.com/ between the period Mid January 2017 to Mid February 2017.
- The candidates should read the instructions carefully and complete the online application form by filling all required data/information accurately including the GATE 2017 registration number.
- On successful submission of the application, the system will generate a Unique Registration Number.
- Candidates are required to keep the printout of the system generated Registration slip after successful registration.
- On the basis of the GATE 2017 score, the candidates will be shortlisted for the further selection process.
- The candidates are required to qualify in GATE-2017 and thereafter in the interview separately.
Compensation packageThe selected candidates will be placed as Executive Trainee and will be paid a fixed stipend of Rs. 25000 per month. The Executive Trainees will have to undergo a minimum of one-year training which is subject to extension based on their performance. On successful completion of the training program, the Executive Trainees will be assessed for absorption in regular Executive Grade B in the pay scale of Rs. 24,900-50,500. The starting basic pay will be Rs. 24,900 and in addition to Dearness Allowance (DA), the executives will be entitled to other perquisites & allowance under cafeteria approach. During the training period and after absorption, other benefits like Medical Treatment, Provident Fund, Gratuity, Leave, Loans etc. will also be admissible as per the rules of the company.
- Candidates of Indian Nationality only are eligible to apply.
- All qualifications should be from an Indian university/institute recognized by AICTE/appropriate statutory authority.
- The e-mail ID entered in the online application should remain valid for at least one year as all future communication with the candidates will take place through e-mail only.
- The candidates presently employed in Government Departments / PSUs / Autonomous Bodies are required to submit an NOC issued by the competent authority of their current employer at the time of interview.
- Only GATE 2017 score will be valid for the advertised vacancies. GATE 2016 or any other previous GATE score will not be considered valid.
- Equivalent percentage of marks should be indicated in the application form as per norms adopted by university/institute, in case CGPA/OGPA/DGPA or Letter Grade is awarded.
- The appointment of the candidates will be subject to the medical fitness as per the standards prescribed for the posts by the OIL Medical Board.
- The candidates are required to bring their original GATE 2017 score card at the time of interview in case shortlisted for the interview.
ConclusionThe candidates may refer the advertisement regarding recruitment of 'Executive Trainees through GATE 2017 score' available in the careers section of the website of the Oil India Limited for detailed information including information about compensation package, placement, eligibility criteria, essential qualification and GATE subject with code, percentage of marks, age limit, physical fitness, selection procedure, how to apply, general information and instructions and important dates. It may be noted that all the instructions of the company regarding submission of the online application should be read carefully and adhered to scrupulously.