Medicinal values of Ginger A common ingredient in the kitchen and an essential in Asian cuisine, ginger is a ponderous ingredient in providing medicinal importance for centuries.
Brief description of Ginger Available in India, Australia, Indonesia and Fiji, ginger is the underground stem of Rhizomes that can be consumed fresh, dried in oils, fried and what not. It is much beneficial to incorporate more ginger to our diet to get rid of several stomach problems like stomach upset, motion sickness, gas, colic, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, cancerous disorders and many more. It also has a useful contribution to prevent cough and cold. Taking ginger tea in the morning at a regular basis provides beneficial role to aid diseases with maximum therapeutic benefits.
Contents of Ginger
Ginger, a part of Zingebarceae family provides a huge range of vitamins and minerals in its content. The major ones are stated below:
Vitamin B6,vitamin C
Uses of Ginger 1. Digestive disorders
2. Inflammatory problems
3. Treating Menstrual pain
5. Curing Colorectal cancer
6. Diabetes Fighter
7. Healing Chronic Indigestion
8. Shields against Alzheimer's disease
1) Digestive disorders Motion sickness, loss of apetite, indigestion, etc are common stomach problems seen in almost every home. Most of the family members don't take the disease seriously as a result of which it persists in the body leading to chronic stomach ailments. Here ginger plays a vital role in curbing such problems because it contains a wondrous phenolic compound to combat such disorders. The gastrointestinal tract is stimulated for better movement of foods and fluids. Gastric problems can also be treated well as it cures gastrointestinal irritation & gastric contraction. Also it helps to secrete the necessary amount of saliva and bile.
2) Inflammatory problems Inflammation of colon is also a typical problem of several households. Continuous ignorance of this kind of symptoms might lead to colon cancer. Ginger fights with the agents causing inflammation and protects the colon. Also it gives a valuable contribution to curb joint pain, Menstrual pain, headaches and more.
3)Treating Menstrual pain Every woman in this world are reeling during the Menstrual cycle while facing tremendous Menstrual pain. 5-6 days of constant suffering from immense pain leaves them in a state of utter discomfort. Being unable to withstand such pain, many of them take pain killers of high dosage which is also injurious to health if taken on a prolonged basis. Dysmenorrhoea (pain during periods) can be cured to a great extent using Ginger. It's pain relieving agent stops the crumbling of the lower abdomen leading to much relief.
4) Nausea Nausea and vomiting are common diseases experienced by pregnant women suffering from morning sickness. They can use ginger candies to prevent them. Also people may chew small pieces of Ginger to curb vertigo and nausea.
5) Curing Colorectal cancer Cancer is a threat to almost all families. Research says that within 2020, every family will have at least one cancer patient. Though cancer is curable now when it persists in first or second stage, but most of the times it becomes tough to detect that. So the person undergoes wrong treatment and finally when it is determined that the person is suffering from Cancer, then it's too late to find and apply a remedy. Here also ginger comes into the rescue. With its anti-tumour anti-cancer activities it fights against prostate cancer, colon cancer, ovarian cancer, breast cancer, skin cancer, lung cancer and many more difficult to cure diseases.
A major component of ginger called gingerols, which is also responsible for its distinctive smell and taste, is a wondrous remedy to lessen the number of cancerous cells in the body. Consumption of ginger under such situations stimulates the immune system to stay strong and combat cancer.
6)Diabetes Fighter Diabetes mellitus is the disease from which also ginger provides a protective shield. Insulin is secreted from islets of langerhans of pancreas resulting in improved carbohydrate and lipid metabolism. Continuous consumption for a constant period of time fights diabetes. By inhibiting enzymes in carbohydrates ginger reduces blood glucose levels, triglycerides and cholesterol levels.
7) Healing Chronic Indigestion Dyspepsia is a common problem nowadays. In this era people are speeding up imbalance due to their busy schedule. As a result of which it is quite obvious that they are going to feed upon fast food and ready to serve food that are easily available as well as mouth watering. But these food stuffs are truly dangerous for health if consumed regularly. Gradually comes the use of antacids which finally damages the person's Digestive system. Thus indigestion is a natural outcome. Accompanied with severe pain, indigestion causes utter discomfort in the upper part of the stomach. Ginger plays an interesting role of curbing such pain and it reduces the time of emptying the stomach as delayed emoting might lead to recurrence pain.
8) Shields against Alzheimer's disease Often we see old people forget things. Oxidative stress is a cause of such forgetfulness. Suppose something has been told to that person 2 minutes ago, but he or she will not be able to remember that at that moment. This disease can also be cured to some extent by having ginger.
The above mentioned information clearly points out that a healthy lifestyle is to be maintained to stay happy. Peaceful and contented life is what we all want and that can be achieved by staying fit and maintaining a proper balanced diet. Then also if problems persists Ginger is there to the rescue!
There is a song in Tamil Movie where there is a phrase "Inji Iduppazhagi'.'Inji' means ginger and 'Iduppazhagi' means a woman with attractive (narrow) waist.
That gives an idea that Ginger can help in maintaining a healthy body without accumulation of fats.
Many recipes for weight loss using natural herbals always suggest ginger as one ingredient. Ginger sets right the digestive process and also helps to prevent fats accumulation by proper digestion.