Introduction I still remember the little fright within me when I was entering the college. It was just an usual college day but the only difference was around 3'o clock, officials from a training institute will come to nominate a 3rd year student as their campus ambassador. I have undergone a procedural training from my senior to give the perfect and measured answers to the recruiters. Mugging up all the probable answers and chanting them all the time enthused me with the vigour to face them.
Beginning & The Interview Finally around 3:30 p.m. two officials from that institute arrived. Previously I had a talk with one of them through whatsapp and I could clearly remember his dp where a clean shaved,tall,young man was standing in front of a bike wearing formals. I tried my best to figure out which one among the two was Mr. Soumojit Paul, with whom I had a conversation last night as the former one had a shortage of height while the latter though satisfied the other criteria, but the moustache on his face created a room for utter confusion and discontent.
The interview started around 4:15p.m. and by God's grace, I finished it with a bang. Questions were somewhat common. Thus scraping through it proved to be an easy task. Receiving the offer letter with my name printed in bold made me feel 'Top of the World '. Also the feeling of defeating the warriors (other students ), in the battlefield who had always been at loggerheads with me marked a high of sheer ecstasy and good fortune.
I thanked both the officials, though from deep inside my heart a special thanks went to Mr. Paul. However the reason behind is truly personal! Making my parents happy had always been an important task in my life and that the offer letter would dress their faces with a pretty smile was a known fact.
Our second meet For some days thereafter we discussed professionally. Training, number of students, payment,our HOD, placement -were the common topics to be covered. Mr. Paul had a special way of speaking English but he hardly used any kind of emoticons. On asking, he replied " I don't know where and how to use them."And received my prompt reply "Sir, I would make you learn."
Java, .net, PHP, Android, big data, Artificial intelligence were the various trades available to each of the students in the form. So form distribution and collection of advance payment from the students was the cause of our second meet. Dressed in a candy-pink salwar suit , I waited the entire day for their arrival at college. As usual they came around 3:30 but were accompanied by heavy downpours . As the monetary proceedings occurred outside the college, so only a few students turned up for the rain. Both of them were drenched completely though I was feeling more pity for Mr. Paul. Three of us sat at a small tea stall beside our campus and sipping into the cup of lemon tea, our discussion started over the same topic of training. Mild wind blew characterised with constant shower, playing with my hair. Paying least most heed to the discussion, I only nodded with a yes or a no. All my attention went to Mr. Paul. He was smoking at that time and although I pretended to concentrate on the tea but I kept an eye over his drenched body.
Suddenly, I heard my name being called. Though it was a misnomer as he uttered "Srieeetaa" instead of "Srijita " still a call from his end can change everything. I turned my head all at once and seeing his face glow was a feast for my eyes. His pink lips parted as he sipped into the cup. Complete blank was my status! During that time it seemed that God had sent me to this world only to stare at this person.
Preparation for our third meet-up Days elapsed and our whatsapp conversation comprised of 90% professionalism and remaining 10% was somewhat interesting towards me. Once he said "Nice dp!". These two words brought tremendous wave within my soul. For his two words of praise, my acknowledgement was like "Thank you! :-D..But you looked better when clean shaved, just like your previous dp." I pressed the 'send' option with utter excitement but his mere reply of "thanks" spoiled everything.So bidding him good night and a tight slumber was the only rescue.
Conclusion Prior to our third meeting, we had phone calls of 5-10 minutes most of the days. Though the subject was stipulated to be that of training but the pictures of each other's personal lives used to come up through discussion. His voice, tonal quality, choice of words were fair enough to flatter me. A crisp corporate attitude adorned him every time. I was on the flow. One thing that impressed me the most, was his motivational thoughts and ideas. Starting from his attire, his gestures, his attitude, his words were influencing enough to learn from him.
Words would be less to describe him and our meetings thereafter. So part 1 is coming to an end here. However, there is a good news to my readers - part 2 will be updated soon. So stay glued!
More articles: Recruitment