How to become an automotive technician and work at abroad?
Are you looking to make your career as an automotive technician? If you want to know how to become an automotive technician, please read this article. You will find the main steps of becoming an automotive technician and job opportunities at abroad in this article.
An automotive technician works in a car manufacturing company and ensures to run a car properly. An automotive technician performs tests on different component and makes its quality better and better. The main tasks of an automotive technician are as follows:
- Oil changes
- Wheel Balancing
- Tire rotation
- Engine tune up
- Removing and installing filters
- Replacing tires
- Building next generation Race Car
Salary of automotive Technician
The salary of automotive technician varies according to different factors. Some factors which determine the salary of an automotive technician are:
- Country where you work
- Vehicle Company for which you work
- Your experience
- Your skills
Generally, the salary is low in India and very high at European nations.
How to become an automotive technician?
You should follow the following steps in becoming an automotive technician.
- Complete your high school education: One must complete high school education if wanting to make a career in the field of the automotive technician. High school is the minimum eligibility to get a diploma or certificate of an automotive technician.
- Enroll in a vocational education programme: The next step after completing high school is to enroll in any vocation programme. Manufacturers, vocational schools, and some colleges arrange training programme for an automotive technician. So enroll yourselves in vocational programme and take training. After complete this training, they will provide you a certificate or diploma for the same.
- Obtain a certificate from ASE: The National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) offers diploma certificate in eight different areas of automotive mechanics. This certificate will certainly help you to enhance your career in the field of an automotive technician.
- Take employer training: Employer also arranges training programme for their employees. Always attend these types of training programme. In this type of training programme, you will work with the experts and learn many new things which would help in your future career. In this training, you will learn to work independently and as a team which is a necessary skill for an automotive technician.
- Become a Master Mechanic: Get all eight certificates provided by The National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence. After getting all certificates, you will be a master mechanic.
So, follow these five steps and become a master mechanic.
How to find a Job of automotive technician?
After becoming an automotive technician there are a lot of opportunities available. You can open your own shop and start your business. If you want to work with branded companies, there are a lot of opportunities available in the field of an automotive technician. You can find a job in the field of automotive technician through the internet. You can work in India or abroad. There is a lot of scopes abroad and also get a good salary.
So, be an automotive technician and make your future bright.