How to submit online application for BMC license for a restaurant in Mumbai
Are you looking for the online application form to get a BMC permit for starting a hotel or fast food outlet? This article provides the information of where to obtain the application form for the BMC license, as also the list of documents you need to submit with the online application.
The past – Headaches and endless waits Getting a license permit to launch your own dining establishment in Mumbai, whether it is a small eatery or a restaurant or a hotel, is a great hassle. You need to contact various departments of the official licensing authority, namely the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC), to obtain and submit a slew of forms, including a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from each department. What's more, despite submitting all the requisite forms and supporting documents, you then wait endlessly for the review of your application and obtain the official permissions.
Those harrowing days are now over!
The present – Transparency and quick response You no longer need to hang around in departmental offices or constantly communicate with the authorities of a department to submit or follow-up with your application.
There's a new online system in place with a single form to be filled up along with uploading the requisite scanned documents. Within 15 days of submission of this form, it is the responsibility of the department officials to communicate with you if further information is required from you or if you need to submit a document – all this being online only. Once all the requisite online formalities are completed, you should be receiving a copy of the permit via email within 27 working days.
Thrilled about this quick process? Check out the step by step guide to the online application process to get a restaurant license from BMC -
How to apply
- Go to the official website of BMC. The site can be viewed in both English and Marathi.
- Go to the tab headed 'Online Services'. When you click on it, from the drop-down list select 'New Business Application'.
- You will now be taken to the page which displays the online form. The form contains the following sections in which you need to fill in the information:
- What is the name of your establishment / firm?
- What is the nature of activity? – here, select 'service'
- What is the category of business? – here, select 'Hotels/restaurants/eating house'
- What is the number of proposed licensees? – here, mention the number in figures and in the adjacent box enter the names of the licensees.
- What is the postal address and situation of the establishment? – here, you must fill in the complete address, including pin code. You also need to provide valid contact information, with mobile number and email ID being mandatory.
The next section of the forum requires you to upload documents, so ensure that you have scanned and saved them in your computer beforehand.
- Supporting Documents: All the requisite documents listed below should be uploaded in any one of 6 formats, namely: (i) PDF or (ii) JPEG or (iii) JPG or (iv) PNG or (v) BMP or (vi) GIF. The size of each document should be up to maximum 2 MB per attachment.
The list of requisite ID numbers or documents is as follows:
- SAC Number – this is the Section Account Code from the Property Tax receipt. It is an alpha-numerical 15-digit unique identification number.
- PAN (Permanent Account Number) Card - this is mandatory.
- Aadhar Card – in case you've lost or misplaced yours, get a new one easily.
- DIN Doc – this is the document which indicates the Director Identification Number (DIN) issued to the Director on registration of a company.
- The partnership deed in case the establishment is a partnership one.
- The Certificate of Incorporation, this showing the list of Directors with address in case the establishment is a limited company or private limited company.
- The Registration Certificate, this indicating the list of members with their residential address in case of a Trust.
- The NOC (No Objection Certificate) from the owner of the land or premises where the business will be set up.
- In case the premises is on a rental premises, the Registered Lease & License agreement must be uploaded.
- The Occupancy Certificate (OC) of the premises.
- The Hamipatra (Undertaking).
- Change in user certificate, if other than mentioned in the OC.
- A NOC (No Objection Certificate) from the local Police Station.
- Requisite Commercial Documents.
- Requisite Plan Documents
- Once you have filled up the complete form and uploaded all the requisite documents, re-check the details entered.
- Click on the 'Submit' button.
That's it. Now wait for the official to communicate with you within 15 working days. If all is fine with your application, you should be getting the permit license within 27 days – and are now ready to start your own business dining venture!
Useful contact information: Ward-wise contact numbers of BMC Shops & Establishment Department