Benefits of Cold Pressed Oil ( Chekku Oil / Virgin Oil / Extra Virgin Oil )
The increase in awareness of the benefits of Cold Pressed Oil / Virgin Oil / Extra Virgin Oil shows the people's mentality towards leading a healthy life. This article will give you detailed information about the benefits of Cold Pressed Oil or Chekku Oil or Virgin Oil or Extra Virgin Oil and also how it is manufactured traditionally.
I have listed out the benefits of four commonly used oils Gingelly / Sesame Oil, Groundnut Oil, Coconut Oil & Olive Oil.
What is Cold Pressed Oil ( Chekku Oil )
50 Years back, people used to visit oil stores with an empty container to purchase Cold Pressed Oil in retail. Cold Pressed Oil is originally manufactured in traditional way by extracting oil from seeds using wood crusher, made of East Indian Walnut (known as Vaagai Maram in Tamil) which is pressed with a very heavy stone that is wheeled by bullocks.
This type of oil, pressed in room temperature will not be heated during the extraction process and thus retains the nutrition benefits & original taste / flavour. There is no refining process required for these oils. Our Ancestors lived a long and healthy life by using this oil which gave them stamina, strength and immunity.
Commonly used Cold Pressed Oils :
- Gingelly / Sesame Oil
- Groundnut Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Olive Oil
Benefits of Gingelly / Sesame Oil
- Helps in preventing Diabetes
- Increases HDL Cholesterol level and reduces LDL (Bad) Cholesterol levels as it contains Phytosterols that helps in blocking Bad Cholesterol production.
- Protects heart's health and reduces BP (Blood Pressure)
- Its anti-cancer compounds like Magnesium, Phytosterols & Phytic acid prevents cancer
- Contains high quality protein and fibre for proper digestion
- Highly recommended for those with weakness & anaemia
- Protects DNA from radiation damage
- Boosts oral health, eye and respiratory health
- Helps in relieving arthritis, preventing Osteoporosis and protecting bone health
Benefits of Coconut Oil
- Being the best natural nutrition for hair, coconut oil provides necessary proteins for healthy & shiny hair
- Improves our body's ability to absorb magnesium & calcium which helps in strengthening bone
- Strengthens our immune system with its anti-viral, anti-microbial and anti-fungal properties
- Helps in faster healing of wounds and burns
- Helps in preventing gall bladder and kidney diseases
- Protects from Cardiovascular diseases
- Best moisturizer for dry skin
Benefits of Groundnut Oil
- Being the best oil for cooking, groundnut oil has abundant resources of mono-saturated fats, proteins and Vitamin A,D & E
- Contains mono-unsaturated fatty acids that helps lowering LDL (bad cholesterol) and increases HDL
- Contains high value of Niacin ( Vit B ) that helps in stabilizing blood sugar
- Reduces risk of cancer and Alzheimer's disease because of its rich antioxidants
- Boosts fertility
- Helps in curing constipation, diarrhoea and other digestive problems
- Helps in reducing Blood Pressure
- Massaging with groundnut oil helps in getting rid of knee problems and other joint / muscle problems.
Benefits of Olive Oil
- Lowers risk of Type 2 diabetes
- Manages healthy heart
- Lowers High BP
- Protects against cancer
- Heals Gastric problems
Urban homes woke up to our traditional methods and started consuming and also spreading awareness on using cold pressed oils and its benefits. Now, the usage of these oils are slowly increasing and the demand is very high for these products.