How to get Admission to M.Tech/M.Arch/M.Plan/M.Des through Centralized Counseling, 2018.
Admission to M.Tech/M.Arch/M.Plan/M.Des is done through Centralized Counselling and it is an online admission process done for all National Institute of Technologies, NIT and other Institutes like IITM Gwalior, IITDM Kancheepuram, IIIT Vadodara, Central University of Rajasthan, Hyderabad University, South Bihar Patna University. The Centralized Admission to Postgraduate programs will start from the first week of April 2018. Last Date for Applying is May 8, 2018
CCMT known as Centralized Counselling is a platform for getting admission to National Institutes of Technology, Indian Institutes of Technology and other Engineering Colleges. Admission to the programs is based on Gate score attained in the year 2016, 2017 and 2018. The centralized system is a replacement for the older system where students need to apply individually to different institutes and need to appear for interview and counseling of every institute.
The Old system had caused big troubles to students and many of them need to travel long distances across the country for admission. Some of them may miss allotment due to overlapping of allotment dates. The CCMT allotment helps the candidates to file their details into one application form from their convenience and can apply to all programmes of the participating institutions if they are found eligible. The Centralized Counseling to Post Graduate Programs started in the year 2012 and it was successfully organized by SVNIT Surat in the year 2017. The 2018 Centralized Counseling is managed by National Institute of Technology, Delhi.
- Need to have a valid GATE Score in the year 2016, 2017 and 2018.
- Applicants need to have passed and must secure a 6.5 CGPA in the qualifying degree. 60% for OC and OB on 6.5 CGPA scale. 55% for SC, ST and PWD applicants. The CGPA or the percentage needs to be awarded by a recognized Institute or university.
- The conversion of the CGPA to the percentage by individual university or institute will not be accepted.
- If the qualifying degree result is awaited, the admission to the candidate will be given by satisfying the minimum requirements of the qualifying degree as of by September 15, 2018. Document proof from the current head of the institute and the Grade card or mark sheet up to the pre-final semester needs to be submitted during the verification of the documents.
Seat Allotment Rules
The Seat Allotment will be based on the merit list and the seat availability will be according to the Reservation norms of Government of India. Merit list will be made based on the GATE score. For determining the merit of the candidates who are having same GATE score, the following requirements will be used in order of preference.
- The applicants who are having GATE score in the year 2016 will be given preference over candidates who are having a score in the year 2017 and 2018.
- If the GATE score and year is same, then the preference will be given to candidates who have scored higher GATE marks which is out of 100.
- If the GATE marks which is out of 100 and the GATE score year is same, then the preference will be given which is based on All India Rank.
- If the Year of GATE, GATE marks which are out of 100 and All India Rank is same, then Date of Birth will be given preference. The candidate who is elder will be given more preference.
- If Date of Birth is same, the rank will be considered based on the generation of random number.
Steps to follow for Pre-allotment
The applicants need to follow the instructions given on the website of CCMT, http://ccmt.nic.in.
- The fees for registration is RS 2,200 for OC and OB category. RS 1,700 for SC and ST which can be paid through the SBI Net banking, Debit Card, Credit Card or through e-challenge payment of SBI branch. The fees for registration is non-refundable.
- The applicants need to check their eligibility criteria before applying for the programmes.
- All Candidates who are eligible need to register and fill their choices online in specified schedule.
- The Applicants need to enter the correct information and must verify in the online registration.
- Applicants need to check terms and conditions before clicking 'I Agree' checkbox.
- Candidates are free to change or delete or add choices of programmes or institutes of your preference till the last of filling choice.
- Applicants need to check whether they are fully eligible and satisfy the conditions for a programme before filling programme in preferred choices.
- Centralized Counseling Institute is not responsible for any cancellation or seat allotment due to non-fulfillment eligibility criteria.
- All applicants must fill their choices by May 14, 2018, 23:59hrs for three rounds of allotment.
- Once their choices are locked, the applicants cannot unlock their choices.
- Applicants need to take a printout of the application form and their preferred choices. In the printout, it also mentions terms and conditions which is agreed by the applicants and need to be signed and must be submitted at the reporting time.
- Online Registration starts: April 3, 2018.
- Last Date of Online Registration: May 8, 2018.
- First Round Allotment: May 20, 2018.
- Second Round Allotment: May 28, 2018.
- Third Round Allotment: June 10, 2018.