How to follow Seat Allotment Procedure of Centralized Counseling Allotment-M.Tech/M.Arch/M.Plan/M.D?
Central Counseling Allotment Registration has started for M.Tech/M.Arch/M.Plan/M.D in the first week of April. In my previous article, I have described steps to follow for Admission for CCMT. Here I will give details about the seat allotment, reporting center and how the National Spot Round will be done for allotment.
Centralized Counseling Allotment known as CCMT is a centralized allotment done by National Institute of Technology. The Counseling is done to get admission to the Post Graduate Programs of NIT, IIT and other Engineering Colleges recognized by a University.
Reporting and Seat Allotment
- Any seat allotment done will be displayed in the website of CCMT http://ccmt.nic.in. Individual letters of allotment will not be sent the applicants.
- The applicants who get the allotment needs to report to the reporting center in person within the scheduled time period. If they do not appear the allotment will be canceled.
- Applicants need to give the scorecard of GATE and all relevant certificates and documents in original form for document verification. Self-attested copy of all documents with a signed printout of form registration with choices locked, fee payment seat allotment letter downloaded from website need to be presented at reporting center.
- Before going to reporting center, the applicants need to pay an acceptance fee of RS 20,000 through net banking, Debit Card or Credit Card of SBI. They can also do e-challan payment at any SBI branch. The proof of seat acceptance is needed at the reporting time.
- At the reporting time, the applicants will be given the willingness through Floating, Sliding, and Freezing.
The applicants who need the seats must mention their chance for higher choices of preferred institutes for next rounds of the allotment.
The applicants who need the seats must mention their chance for higher preferred choices within the Institute allotted to him or her for next rounds of allotment.
The applicants who are willing to accept and stay with the Institute which is allotted to him or her.
- DVC, known as Document Verification Certificate will be issued to the applicants at the reporting center after documents are verified.
- The applicants who paid seat fee at the first three rounds of allotment and willing to confirm provisional allotment by paying confirmation seat fee of RS 10,000 through SBI Netbanking, Credit Card, Debit Card.
- If the applicants need to change the will, then he needs to reports at reporting center in Round two and Round three.
- The applicants need to report at reporting center for withdrawal from the Counseling process of CCMT. The withdrawal from the reporting center will be done in the Round 1 and Round 3.
- The applicants who have paid confirmation seat fee and those who are opted for Sliding in the round three will only be considered for Internal Sliding.
- After first internal sliding and the third round, the applicants needs to report at the institute which is allowed with document verification certificate, documents in original and three passport size colored photograph and self-attested copies of original documents.
- The national spot round will be made available at the institute which is allowed and second internal sliding. Those who are interested in national spot round need to apply fresh registration.
Reporting Center- How to report for Three Rounds?
When a seat is allowed to the applicants, they need to pay the seat fee of RS 20,000 either through Netbanking, Credit Card, Debit Card or either through e-challan payment of any SBI branch. The proof of payment along with acceptance fee for seat needs to be produced at reporting center.
At first round of allotment, the applicants can set willingness for Freezing, Floating and Sliding. If applicants need to freeze, then the applicant can confirm allotment of the sea by paying the confirmation fee of RS 10,000. If they wish to Float or Slide then the applicants need to wait for further rounds of allotment.
The applicants who are reporting for the first time, they can set their wish to Floating, Sliding and Freezing. In the first round, the applicant who is given status to Floating or Sliding, then they can change it from Floating to Sliding or to Sliding to Freezing by reporting at nay reporting center. If they wish to freeze, they can confirm allotment by paying Confirmation fees for the seat of RS 10,000.
The applicants who are reporting for the first time can set their wish to Sliding and Freezing. Those who are allotted with seat in any of these rounds need to pay confirmation seat fee of RS 10,000. Those who are not satisfied or paid acceptance fee for a seat of RS 20,000 need to report at reporting center for canceling seats.
National Spot Round
National Spot Round will be done only after reporting to institute which is allowed to them.
- The vacancies for the national spot round will be displayed on the website of CCMT. Those who are willing to register needs to pay fees of RS 42,200 for OC and OB. RS 11,700 for SC, ST, and PWD.
- The applicants need to check eligibility criteria for various programmes clearly.
- Those who are eligible for national spot round need to register and they need to file their choices online for getting eligible for seat allotment.
- The saved choices will be locked automatically on July 20, 2018.
- The verification of documents will be done at the reporting center.
- The applicants who are allotted seats need to report at the institute allowed on 23 to 28 July, 2018.