2018 Admission Notice of Ph.D programme in NIT Warangal
Are you looking for the detailed information on Ph.D admission notice in National Institute of Technology (NIT), Warangal? Complete details of admission to the the Ph.D. program are provided in this article.
National Institute of Technology, Warangal in short known as NIT, Warangal was formerly known as REC (Regional Engineering College). The institute was established in 1959 and is the 1st in the chain of 30 NITs in India.
The college offers full-time and part-time Ph.D programmes in the following departments of:
- Civil / Electrical / Mechanical / Chemical Engineering
- Electronics & Communications Engineering
- Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Comp Science & Engineering
- Biotechnology / Physics / Chemistry / Maths
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Applicants (under OC / OBC category) with master's degree in Engineering / Technology in the relevant field. with minimum 60% aggregate.
- For SC / ST / PWD candidates minimum 55% aggregate marks is required.
- Applicants must be GATE qualified.
- OR Bachelor's degree in Engineering / Technology with valid GATE score and at least 75% aggregate marks for OC / OBC candidates and 70% aggregate for SC / ST candidates.Applicants appearing their final year of qualifying degree are also eligible to apply. However, they need to submit their provisional certificate on or before Sept 15, 2018.
- Category-wise reservation for OBC, SC, ST & PWD applicants on overall available seats will be followed as per govt norms.
- Selected candidates for full-time programme are eligible to get institute fellowship as per the rules of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD). The fellowship is subject to change from time to time.
- Last date of receiving applications - May 7th, 2018.
- Announcement of shortlisted applicants called for written test / interview - June 4th, 2018.
- Written Test / Interview - June 18th to 22nd, 2018.
- Announcement of selected candidates - June 27th, 2018.
- Reporting of selected candidates for Ph.D admission - July 9th & 10th, 2018.
Fee Structure for full-time & part-time programme - July session
- One time payment at the time of admission:
- Admission fee - Rs.1,000/-.
- ID card - Rs.100/-
- Alumni Association fee - Rs.2,000/-.
- Security Deposit / Lab / Library (refundable) - Rs.4,000/-
- Institution Development Contribution - Rs.10,000/-.
- Co-operative stories - Rs.750/-.
- Tuition fee per semester - Rs.7,500/-.
- Computer and email per semester - Rs.500/-.
- Other Fee (Per Semester):
- Medical Fee - Rs.350/-
- Students Club - Rs.150/-
- Games Fee - Rs.200/-
- Magazine Fee - Rs.50/-
- Students Library Fund - Rs.600/-
- Students Aid Fund - Rs.50/-
- Students Welfare Fund - Rs.50/-
- Film Club Charges - Rs.50/-
- Technical Association Fee - Rs.50/-
- Inter University Tournament - Rs.50/-
- Total fee of Rs.27,450/-
Hostel Fees per year
- Rent per year - Rs.5,000/- (for boys) and Rs.4,000/- (for girls)
- Electricity & water charges - Rs.4,500/- per year.
- Caution deposit to be paid at the time of admission - Rs.10,000/-
- Maintenance charges - Rs.5,500/- per year.Mess charges per semester - Rs.12,000/-.
- Total of Rs.37,000/- for boys and Rs.36,000/- for girls.
Selected candidates are required to pay the fees online.
How to apply
- Submit the application online at https://admissions.nitw.ac.in.
- Upload the soft copies of the following required documents:
- Board certificate / SSC certificate in support of Date of Birth.
- Intermediate / +2 certificate
- Provisional certificate / Degree Certificate and Marks sheets of the qualifying exams.
- In case of SC / ST applicants, attested copy of caste certificate.
- In case of OBC candidates, OBC certificate issued after 1st April 2018 as per the format given in the Annexure-II only is acceptable.
- In case the applicant is employed, No Objection Certificate from the employer.
- If employed, relieving letter from the employer.
- Applicant's photo on application form.
- Grade/Rank Card of GATE or NET or CAT or GMAT as applicable.
- Receipt of registration fee paid with transaction number
- Other documents if any.
- Registration fee of Rs.1000/- for UR / OBC applicants and Rs.500/- for SC / ST applicants to be paid through SBI i-collect at www.onlinesbi.com/prelogin/institutiontypedisplay.htm. Any other mode of payments like NEFT, direct money transfer or through mobile is not accepted. If the applicant by chance pays through any other mode, the money will not be refunded.
- Bio-data and written consent from the guide in the organization where the candidate is working (only for applicants who wish to join the part-time Ph.D programme.
For further details check the brochure