Online applications for Government of India lateral recruitment of Joint Secretaries
Are you seeking a career opportunity in a senior government position in India? Department of Personnel and Training, Government of India invites applications for Joint Secretaries in various departments including finance, agriculture, shipping, etc. This article provides details of the eligibility criteria and the online registration process to apply.
Overview Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT), Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, Government of India invites applications from Indian nationals to be appointed in the senior positions of Joint Secretary. This is a lateral entry recruitment drive to hire experts in various fields to bring in unique ideas to governance.
From the selected candidates, those who are employed in a State Governments organization or in Union Territories Administration Departments as well as in Central/State PSUs/Autonomous Bodies etc. set up or controlled by Central/State Governments will be appointed on deputation (including short-term contract) with the lien in the parent department. Those who are employed in the private sector will be appointed on contract basis.
As a Joint Secretary, you will be in a senior management role in the Government of India. You will be responsible for the formulation of major policies and implementing Government programs of the specific Department. You will be reporting to the Secretary/Additional Secretary in the Ministry/Department.
Service terms You will be appointed on a contractual basis for three years, this being extendable up to 5 years depending on your work performance. As a Public Servant, your service will be governed by the rules of conduct and statutes as per Govt. notifications. The employment contract can be terminated by either side with a minimum notice period of three months.
Once appointed to the post of Joint Secretary, you will start with an initial pay scale of level 14 of the Pay Matrix, namely Rs.144200-218200. You will also be eligible for the allowances and facilities which are applicable to the equivalent level in the Government of India. Note, though, that the Government reserves its right to place deserving appointees at an appropriate level within the scale of pay.
Department-wise Appointments & ProfileThere is one vacancy for each of the following Government Departments:
- Department of Revenue: It is responsible for matters relating to tax collections and Stamp duties, enforcing economic laws and Govt. Acts such as The Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA), investigating economic offences, etc.
- Department of Financial Services: It is responsible for Govt. programs and reforms for the banking, insurance and pension sectors. It oversees the management of schemes like Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY), Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana (PMVVY), etc.
- Department of Economic Affairs: It is responsible for preparing & economic policies, preparing the Union Budget, overseeing the production of currency, etc.
- Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare: It is responsible for preparing policies to improve the agricultural resources by formulating and monitoring policies related to agricultural production, agricultural education & research, irrigation and soil conservation, fruits & vegetable products' industry, fishery industry, etc.
- Ministry of Road Transport & Highways: It is responsible for Motor Vehicle legislation, policies related to road safety and specifications for roads and bridges, maintaining national highways, etc.
- Ministry of Shipping: It is responsible for creating and implementing policies related to shipping and port sectors .
- Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change: It is responsible for policies and programs relating to conserving natural resources including flora, fauna, forests and wildlife as well as lakes and rivers and the prevention and abatement of pollution
- Ministry of New & Renewable Energy: It is responsible for working on the development of new and renewable energy systems for rural, urban, industrial and commercial sectors.
- Ministry of Civil Aviation: It is responsible for the administration of the Govt. Acts & Rules which pertain to the aviation sector, including private air transport services. It also oversees the work of the Commission of Railway Safety, which is responsible for the safety of train travellers.
- Department of Commerce: It is responsible for drawing up international trade & commercial policies, including policies for promoting exports and trade.
- Age criteria: You should be minimum 40 years of age as on 1st July 2018.
- Educational qualifications: You should be a Graduate from a recognized University/Institute. A higher qualification will be advantageous.
- Experience: Those who are already employed as mentioned below are eligible to apply:
- An Officer of any State/UT Government who is working at an equivalent level or is eligible for appointment to an equivalent level in the cadre, with relevant experience.
- An individual who is working at a comparable level in a Public Sector Undertaking (PSU), autonomous body, atatutory organisation, university or recognized research institute with a minimum of 15 years experience.
- An individual who is working at a comparable level in a private sector company, consultancy organisation, international/multinational organisation with a minimum of 15 years experience.
How to applyYou have to register and apply online at: Department of Personnel and Training, Govt. of India portal. Registrations will be open from 15th June 2018. Applications sent in physical format will not be accepted.
If selected, you will be called for a personal interaction with the Selection Committee.
Last date for receipt of applications: 30th July, 2018 till 5p.m. IST.