Resources » Articles/Knowledge Sharing » General
BangaloreOne Centre at Bangalore
|Posted Date: 24-Nov-2007 ||Last Updated: ||Category: General |
|Author: Mala||Member Level: Gold ||Points: 5|
You may be tired of standing in a long queue for paying you telephone bills, Electricity bills, Water bills, Mobile bills, Bus Passes. Here is a relief for those who are fed up of standing in such long queues waiting for hours together to pay their bills.
Government of Karnataka has opened “Bangalore One” Centers to provide a solution for all these problems.
“Bangalore One” is a Service Centre which provides you with a one stop interface with government. Citizen interactions with government departments will be under a single umbrella. It can aptly be called as “One Stop Non Stop Service”
Bangalore One plans to house the Government and Business interactions, so that the various business establishments can also profit from the e-governance policy.
Bangalore One - starting from April 2, 2005. The Bangalore citizens benefit from the 14 hi-tech citizen service centres. From BCC, BESCOM, BSNL, BWSSB, police, RTO, passport, stams and registration - all these services will be provided under one roof.
· BWSSB & BESCOM: Bill payment, grievance redressal, application for new connections and statement of accounts.
· BCC: Property tax payment, issue of Khata certificate and extract, issue of copies of birth and death certificates and grievance redressal.
· RTO: Learner's license renewal, road tax payment, issue of B-extract for vehicles and payments against challan.
· Stamps and Registration: Providing market value assistance.
· Passport: Sale of application forms and new passport application registration.
· CTO: Collection of KST/CST and entry tax.
· Police: Fine for traffic violations.
· Others: Booking of cinema tickets, payment of bills of all cell phone operators.
· BMTC – Buss passes are provided.
· BMTC serves the citizens of Bangalore with quality bus services.They provide the citizens with exhaustive range of monthly passes and student passes. With a view to provide the citizens of Bangalore an array of options to purchase the bus passes of BMTC, BMTC has integrated their “Issue of Monthly Pass” service for BMTC with BangaloreOne, so that the citizens can utilize the convenience of purchase of passes at any of the several Bangalore One centers spread across Bangalore city. The mode of payment for buying bus passes, citizen have cash and credit card payment facility. And the rates of Bus passes as per their type are:-.
· Black Board Pass Rs 360/-
· Red Board Pass Rs 525/-
· Pushpak Pass Rs 560/-
BPS (Bangalore Police Service) :- The Bangalore Police Service has integrated its "Police Fine Payment Service" with BangaloreOne. Citizens fined for violating traffic regulations, can now pay their fine at any one of the BangaloreOne centres. They have to bring their issued notice to the BangaloreOne centres and can pay the penalty amount there.
This service will be shortly available at the BangaloreOne web portal.
Passports :- The application form for getting a new passport is made available through all the BangaloreOne centres. Operators on each counters will be selling these application forms to citizen upon the payment of a stipulated fees.
You can even know the status of your new applied passport.
BangaloreOne, Government of Karnataka in association with the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India is proud to announce the launch of a new service "Acceptance of applications for a new Passport" through its Integrated Citizen Service Centres. Citizens can now apply for fresh passports at these centres. Citizen-friendly executives at their elegant centers would assist in filing an application for issue of a fresh passport.
BangaloreOne has plans to add some other passport services such as renewals and miscellaneous services, in the near future.
· The citizen can book the Train Ticket, throughout all the BangaloreOne centres, based on the availability. Six tickets, at the maximum, can be booked at a time. Payment mode will be either cash or Credit card. The citizen must produce his/her PHOTO ID card of the below, at the time of booking the ticket.
· Ration Card
· Voter's Card
· Pan Card
· Employee ID (Central Govt or Stat Govt)
The Passenger, who is producing PHOTO ID card, is considered to be the Master Passenger, among the six passengers group and he/she should bring the PHOTO ID card, while on travelling. Concession for the Senior Citizens will be given provided with the senior citizenship card, pension card etc. Citizen will be provided an Electronic Reservation slip along with the BangaloreOne Receipt, at the end of the transaction.
Cancellation : - Cancellation will be done, only for those tickets, which are booked in B1 centers. The citizen has to provide the Electronic Reservation slip, while cancellation. Citizen has to bring the same credit card along with the transaction slip, if the payment made through credit card. Cancellation is possible for the whole group or all sub passengers. Cancellation of Master passenger can be done, only along with the sub passengers.
Reprinting of the train ticket :-
This Service enables a citizen to reprint his/her train ticket, if he/she lost it. The citizen has to provide the Ticket no, Photo ID card no/type and the card issuing authority details to reprint the ticket.
BangaloreOne levies a service charge of Rs. 6/- per ticket, on and above IRCTC service charges.
Flight bookings :-
The customer can book the Domestic Flight Tickets, throughout all the BangaloreOne centres, based on the availability. The flight ticket can be both for one way trip and round trip. Four passengers per ticket, at the maximum, can be booked.
The customer has to provide the details like source, destination, journey date, no. of passengers, etc. Further the customer has to provide the personal information like email ID and phone noâ€™s for further contacting them. The customer will get a verification form which contains Flight, passenger, delivery details, journey date and the fare rules. Tickets can be booked only after the customer signs the verification.
Payment mode will be either cash or Credit card. Customer will be provided a Flight Itinerary slip with a Reference number, along with the BangaloreOne Receipt, at the end of the transaction.
After booking the ticket, B1 will send an email and SMS, having the Airline PNR, to the customers e-mail address.
The passenger should bring a valid PHOTO ID card, while on travelling.
Check booking status :-
This service enables a passenger, to check the Booking status of the Flight Ticket, for which he/she has to provide the Reference number. The reference number is mentioned in his Flight Itinerary slip.
Cancellation :- Cancellation of flight tickets cannot be done in BangaloreOne centres, for which the passenger has to contact the particular Airline service.
Service charge :- BangaloreOne levies no service charges and no user charges, over and above the prescribed ticket charges.
Flight Ticket charges, at Bangalore one centres, can be paid only through Cash and Credit Card.
ING Vysya Insurance – Renewal :- The citizen of Bangalore can now renew their ING Vysya Insurance premium through the ING Vysya portal service provided by BangaloreOne. The payment can be made through Credit cards for which the citizen can use either MASTER or VISA cards.
BWSSB :- Now the Citizen of Bangalore can make their water bill payments, also through BangaloreOne portal service. The payment can be done only through credit cards (MASTER or VISA cards).
BSNL :- Collection of landline telephone bills for BSNL can now be available with the BangaloreOne portal. The citizen can avail this service and can make the payment through credit cards (MASTER or VISA cards).
BESCOM :- The citizen of Bangalore can now view and pay their Electricity bills through BangaloreOne portal. For which he/she has to provide the Bill no and other required details. Payment can be done through credit cards (MASTER or VISA cards). Also, the citizen of Bangalore can file their grievances against BESCOM through the B1 portal.
Tata Tele Services :- The citizen of Bangalore can now view and pay their TATA Indicom telephone bills through BangaloreOne portal. For which he/she has to provide the telephone number to be billed. The citizen can make the Payments through credit card (MASTER or VISA cards).
Spice :- The Bangalore citizen can now pay their SPICE Postpaid mobile bills through the BangaloreOne portal service. The citizen can make the Payments through credit card (MASTER or VISA cards, for which he/she has to provide the mobile number to be billed.
Cellone :- Payment of CELLONE Postpaid mobile bills can be possible for the Bangalore citizen, now through the BangaloreOne portal service. The citizen can make the Payments through credit card (MASTER or VISA cards).
Western Union Money Transfer services :-
· Western Union Money Transfer is a hassle-free, easy and the fastest way to transfer money to loved ones across the globe. With over 12,000 Agent locations in India, WUMT claims that money is available within minutes, subject to agent's hours of operation. With a view to provide the citizens of Bangalore an array of options to collect their transferred amount, Western Union Money Transfer (WUMT) has decided to integrate money payment service with Bangalore One, so that the citizens can utilize the convenience of collection of money at any of the several Bangalore One centre spread across Bangalore city.
Citizens can collect their transferred amount through this service. For this the customer has to provide detailed addresses of both sender’s and receivers, MTCN (Money Transfer Control Number) and His / her proof of identification, for example- driver’s license. In case the receiver is NRI he / she have to provide passport number details.
Visit www.westernunion.com for more details.
There are many BangaloreOne centers coming up day by day. Hope people who are not aware of the services provided by BangaloreOne would now be aware of it and await the benefit of it.
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Return to Article Index
Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore...