ADMISSION TO NRI SEATS
Posted Date: 09-Jul-2008
INSTITUTE OF HUMAN RESOURCES DEVELOPMENT
(Established by Government of Kerala)
Prajoe Towers, Vazhuthacaud, Thiruvananthapuram-695 014, Kerala
Telephone : 0471-2322985 Fax : 0471-2322035
Website : www.ihrdkerala.org E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
ADMISSION TO NRI SEATS
IN THE ENGINEERING COLLEGES UNDER IHRD
ADMISSION TO NRI SEATS IN THE ENGINEERING COLLEGES
UNDER IHRD – 2008-2009
IHRD is an educational agency fully owned and controlled by Government of Kerala. Since its inception in 1987, IHRD has established 62 Nos. of various categories of institutions including nine engineering colleges for development of manpower in the field of Electronics, Computer, IT and other related fields.
Application are invited in the prescribed format for admission of candidates to B.Tech degree courses (4 years) in the seats reserved for NRI candidates during the academic year 2008-2009 in the Engineering Colleges under IHRD.
As per the prospectus issued by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, Kerala for admission 2008-2009.
Applicant should complete 17 years of age as on 31-12-2008. No relaxation in the minimum age will be allowed. There is no upper age limit.
Application form :
Application form for applying for admission against NRI seats is available free of cost from the institutions concerned or can be downloaded from the website of IHRD (www.ihrdkerala.org ). However the filled in application should be accompanied by a demand draft for Rs.500/- drawn in favour of the Principal, of the Engineering College concerned where the applicant desires admission.
Documents to be submitted along with the application.
1. Nativity certificate (As per prospectus conditions issued by the CEE for admission to professional courses- 2008-09).
2. True copy of the SSLC / equivalent certificate mentioning the date of birth of the applicant.
3. Community Certificate from the Tahsildar concerned in the case of SC / ST candidates.
4. True copy of the qualifying examination.
5 NRI Certificate : Candidates may produce any one of the following certificates
1. NRI Account No. (Certificate from the concerned bank)
2. Employment Certificate from the firm
3. Certificate from the Embassy concerned
Submission of application :
Application form duly filled in should be submitted to the Principal of the concerned Engineering College where the applicant desires admission on or before 3/6/2008.
1. For the purpose of selection and admission, each college will be treated as a separate unit.
2. Selection of candidates will be based on the rank list prepared for the purpose observing the following criteria.
a. Percentage of total marks obtained for the optional subjects prescribed for Engineering Entrance Examination.
b. If there is a tie, the Percentage of marks for Mathematics will be counted.
c. If there is still a tie, Percentage of marks for Physics / Chemistry / total
marks in the qualifying examination will be counted in sequence.
1. The candidates selected will be required to remit Rs. 1 lakh as annual tuition fees in lump at the time of admission.
2. The candidates admitted against the NRI seats are also required to remit Rs.1.25 lakhs as refundable deposit which shall be refunded on completion of 4 years or completion of the course which ever is later. The date of remittance of the deposit in the colleges will be considered for calculation of 4 years for refund of the refundable deposit,
3. In addition, the candidates will be required to remit the University fee, affiliation fee, PTA fee etc. as per instructions from the head of institutions from time to time.
This prospectus is subject to modification as per the decisions of the IHRD authorities, Government of Kerala, AICTE and CUSAT without any prior intimation to the candidates.
D I R E C T O R
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "ADMISSION TO NRI SEATS"
Guest Author: Raju L 19 Jun 2013
NRI seat at adhitya shankara engineering college and other college details are very informative, good job. Thanks
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Subscribe to Email
Get Jobs by Email
Forum posts by Email
Articles by Email
Awards & Gifts
Last 7 Days
purna chandra mahato
ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. Copyright © All Rights Reserved.